A VOICE IN THE DARK: GET YOUR GUN #1-2 (Larime Taylor)

Pour donner un peu plus de visibilité à la série A Voice in the Dark, l’éditeur Image Comics sortira en septembre le premier numéro de la mini-série A Voice in the Dark: Get Your Gun qui verra le travail de l’artiste Larime Taylor mis en couleur pour la première fois.

[quote]A Voice in the Dark: Get Your Gun #1
Story by Larime Taylor
Art by Larime Taylor
Colors by Jay Savage
Letters by Larime Taylor
Cover by Larime Taylor, Sylv Taylor, Ben Templesmith
Publisher Top Cow Productions
Cover Price: $3.99
Release Date Wed, September 17th, 2014
MATURE READERS ONLY
NOW IN FULL COLOR!
A great jumping-on point for new readers. With Zoey and several of her roommates possible suspects in the murder of Mandy Jenkins, Uncle Zeke is taken off the case to avoid a conflict of interest. Meanwhile, Zoey meets her ‘fan’ for the first time without masks.[/quote]

Liens
Le site de l’éditeur: imagecomics.com
Le site de l’artiste: larimetaylor.com

[quote=“Larime Taylor”] Ongoing monthlies are harder to do, especially as an indie. Even “Saga” doesn’t come out every month – they take months off in between arcs to reload. I’m a huge fan of “Locke & Key,” so we’re kind of going in their model – each new arc has a subtitle. It’s its own little story within a story, but it all ties in and relates to the bigger picture as a whole, and that’s kind of what I’m trying to do – break the story up more into slightly quicker-paced, more intensely packed arcs of about five issues that tell a beginning, middle and an end, and moves the story forward on a bigger scale, but has a more immediate impact.

There was a bit of decompression in the first one that I thought was necessary in setting things up and really getting to know the character and such, but long-term, that isn’t necessarily that sustainable. You have to keep the book moving to really keep interest. I’m trying to have slightly more bite-sized beginning, middle and end stories that will serve to keep the reader hooked, and move things forward. If I have to stop for a while because sales aren’t there and I need to go do some other books and I come back to this eventually, then it’s not like I’m just leaving it completely hanging. There would be an ending to the last arc that at least wrapped up that story, even if maybe the grand picture isn’t completely cleared up yet – at least you’re not left with nothing resolved. [/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE LARIME TAYLOR[/size]

[quote]A VOICE IN THE DARK: GET YOUR GUN #1
Written by Larime Taylor
Art by Larime Taylor
Published by Image Comics
Release Date: September 24, 2014
NOW IN FULL COLOR!
A great jumping-on point for new readers. With Zoey and several of her roommates possible suspects in the murder of Mandy Jenkins, Uncle Zeke is taken off the case to avoid a conflict of interest. Meanwhile, Zoey meets her ‘fan’ for the first time without masks.[/quote]

Source: www.comicosity.com

[quote=“Larime Taylor”]The Dexter showrunner once made a comment that Dexter would obviously need to lose in some sense at the end because he’s a killer and killing is bad, and it seemed rather pandering and hypocritical to me. You have a TV show that for eight years revels in his killing, but now you need a moral at the end of the story? I don’t buy that line of thinking.

Whether or not Zoey faces justice in the end isn’t my primary focus or concern. I’m more interested in the struggle, the journey. Readers don’t need me to tell them murder is bad at the end of the day. I think the idea of her gradually having to figure out how to live with herself and accept herself is far more important and fascinating.

It’s what we all go through in different ways, learning to be the best person we can be and loving ourselves despite our flaws.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DE L’ARTISTE LARIME TAYLOR[/size]

[quote]A Voice in the Dark: Get Your Gun #2
Story by Larime Taylor
Art by Larime Taylor
Colors by Jay Savage
Cover Larime Taylor
Publisher Top Cow Productions
Cover Price: $3.99
Release Date Wed, January 14th, 2015
Zoey and Rio get to know each other better and find in each other someone who truly understands them. Detective Dunst starts to narrow down the suspect list, but is he working for justice or money?[/quote]

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/4610/ezuGJY.jpg

Source: www.comicbookresources.com