ABIGAIL AND THE SNOWMAN #1-4 (Roger Langridge)

Presque 3 ans après Snarked, l’extraordinaire Roger Langridge revient chez le label jeunesse Kaboom! avec Abigail and the Snowman, une nouvelle mini-série en quatre chapitres qui débutera en décembre.

La petite Abigail, neuf ans, a bien du mal à se faire des amis jusqu’au jour où elle rencontre Claude le Yeti qui vient de s’enfuir d’un laboratoire secret du gouvernement. Mais pour être sûr d’échapper aux Hommes en Noir, le duo doit partir à l’aventure pour découvrir les origines de Claude.

Ci-dessous, les couvertures du premier numéro par Roger Langridge et Sonny Liew:

Liens
Le site de l’éditeur: boom-studio.com
Le blog de l’artiste: hotel.blogspot.fr

Ah, ça m’intéresse.

[quote] I tend to be quite verbally-oriented for a cartoonist. I envy cartoonists who work things out visually, but unless I’ve got words in front of me spelling the story out I can’t get it clear in my head. I have a terrible sense of direction, too, and I suspect the two are connected: in both cases I need a map to know where I’m going. So, once I have a germ of a story to build from, there tends to be a lot of writing. Once I actually start to write, the ideas tend to come much more easily. I hardly ever have ideas before I begin; I sit at the keyboard at set times every day and make them happen by the act of writing itself. That’s always been my process… dragging the stuff out by sheer force of will!

Well, the drawing side of things is way more time-consuming than the writing, so I have to treat that as my full-time job, really, and put the hours in every day, or it would never be possible to produce the work to a deadline. So I get my writing done in the first couple of hours of every day, and then I spend the rest of the day drawing. I’ve been doing that for so long now that I scarcely know who I am without a piece of paper in front of me and a pencil or a brush in my hand.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DE L’ARTISTE ROGER LANGRIDGE[/size]

[quote]ABIGAIL AND THE SNOWMAN #1
STORY BY Roger Langridge
ART BY Roger Langridge
COLORS BY Fred Stresing
LETTERS BY Roger Langridge
COVER BY Roger Langridge, Fred Stresing, Sonny Liew
PUBLISHER Boom! Studios
COVER PRICE: $3.99
RELEASE DATE Wed, December 31st, 2014
Abigail is a nine-year-old girl with a huge imagination who moves to a small town where she’s the new kid at school, struggling to make friends. All that changes when she meets a Yeti named Claude who has escaped a top government facility. Abigail and Claude become the best of friends, but to make sure he can truly be free from the “Shadow Men” chasing him, they must go on an adventure to find Claude’s real home![/quote]

Source: www.comicbookresources.com

[quote]Abigail and the Snowman #2
Story by Roger Langridge
Colors by Fred Stresing
Letters by Roger Langridge
Cover by Roger Langridge
Publisher Boom! Studios
Cover Price: $3.99
Release Date Wed, January 28th, 2015
It didn’t take long for Abigail to warm up to the idea of having a Yeti as a best friend, but no matter how much fun the two friends have together, they can’t avoid the mysterious men in town up to no good in search of the Abominable Snowman.[/quote]

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/2131/wOEuuI.jpg

[quote]ABIGAIL AND THE SNOWMAN #3

Written by: Roger Landridge.

Art by: Roger Landridge.

Cover by: Roger Landridge.

Description: Abigail knows helping Claude find his way home won’t be easy (goodbyes never are), but just as the two best friends set off on their journey, the Shadow Men put their top and most dangerous agent on the job of tracking the missing yeti down.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Feb. 25. [/quote]

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/2228/q8V13D.jpg

Source: www.comicscontinuum.com

[quote]Abigail and the Snowman #4
Story by Roger Langridge
Art by Roger Langridge
Colors by Fred Stresing
Cover by Roger Langridge, Fred Stresing
Publisher Boom! Studios
Cover Price: $4.99
Release Date Mar 25th, 2015
Abigail and Claude’s adventure comes to an end in this oversized finale! The world’s most lovable Yeti is one boat ride away from making it back home to the Himalayas, but before they can say their goodbyes, Abigail and Claude will have to find a way to outsmart everything the Shadow Men throw their way.[/quote]

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4364/osiE0P.jpg