ANALOG #1-9 (Gerry Duggan / David O'Sullivan)

ANALOG #3

Written by: Gerry Duggan.

Art by: David O’Sullivan.

Covers by: David O’Sullivan, John McCrea.

Description: Jack’s partner Oona crashes a meeting of white nationalists and ends up making a real mess. Mostly of them, but also for herself. Jack’s got to get a briefcase to Tokyo on time, but he’s not gonna leave her to twist in the wind. Plus, Jack’s new nemesis in our government keeps the heat on.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: June 13.

analog31

analog32

analog33

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

Il a déjà travaillé pour Image, Duggan ?

Oui. Avant de bosser pour Marvel, ses premiers travaux dans les comics ont été publiés chez Image : les mini-séries The Last Christmas, co-écrite avec Brian Posehn et dessinée par Rick Remender, et The Infinite Horizon, dessinée par Phil Noto (en V.F. chez Panini).

Ah tiens ! Est-ce que j’ai ça dans mes cartons ?

horizon-infini-comics-volume-1-tpb-softcover-souple-64966

Oui, oui, je m’en souviens. Je me demande même si ça n’a pas été chroniqué sur FC …

ANALOG #4

Covers by: David O’Sullivan, Gerry Duggan.

Description: Chapter Four: Jack McGinnis just wants to get out of New York City alive with a briefcase bound for Tokyo… but his partner Oona needs a little help. She’s saved his life countless times; it’s the least he can do. To save her, Jack takes on spies, the NYPD, and some dopey white nationalists.

In stores: July 18.

analog41

analog42

ANALOG #5

Covers by: David O’Sullivan, Jason Latour.

Description: Chapter Five. Image’s new ongoing series wraps the first arc with a bang. Jack’s got a briefcase of secrets to deliver, some hard men on his tail, and his past coming back to haunt him. If you like future noir spy stories with accents of romance, comedy, and revenge, the end of our first arc is for you.

In stores: August 15.

analog51

analog52

Je crois que j’ai lu ça, moi : ça me dit quelque chose.
Faut que je regarde dans ma bibliothèque.

Jim

analog7c

ANALOG #7

Description: « Moving Targets, » Part Two: Jack is on the move through Texas’ hostile territory on behalf of the Japanese A.I.-and if that’s not weird enough, now he’s lugging a boom box containing secrets worth killing for. What will kill Jack first? Algorithms, hitmen, or whiskey?

In stores: August 14.

analog71

analog72

Si je ne remets pas en cause la sincérité de Gerry Duggan, force est encore une fois de constater que les bonnes intentions ne font pas forcément de bonnes histoires [Pour en savoir +]

Série terriblement gafaïenne, son scénariste opte pourtant pour une ambiance très seventies, dont la fascination traduit quelque chose de très inquiétant sur notre présent, comme le disait récemment Jean-Baptiste Thoret [Pour en savoir +].
Une obsession, que Duggan n’est pas le seul à partager (voir les différents projets BD qui s’en référent en ce moment, outre-Atlantique), et qui à mon avis masque mal une grève de la créativité chez nos contemporains.
Un comble lorsqu’on fait justement le choix de la voie du creator ownship.

Death by Algorithm, le premier tome d’Analog™ est une histoire qui aurait presque pu paraître dans un paperback de la grande époque. Et ce n’est pas son personnage principal, Jack McGinnis, qui me contredira !

Bref un recueil, et a fortiori une série à suivre, qu’on peut ne pas suivre.

analog8a

ANALOG #8

Description: Jack cuts a bloody path as he tries to escape Texas with the Japanese A.I., and, back in New York, the women have had enough-Oona and Aunt Sam make a fateful decision to delete a corrupted human. Plus: introducing a Ledger Women duo that’s sure to turn heads!

In stores: Sept. 11.

analog81

analog82

analog9a

ANALOG #9

Description: The assassins close in around Oona and Sam, the A.I. in the boombox asks Jack for an impossible request-oh, and Jack fights his nemesis to the death. And those Ledger Women, are they here to help? Or to hurt? This issue will change everything!

In stores: Oct. 16.