ANNIHILATOR (Grant Morrison / Frazer Irving)

Legendary Comics (Shadow Walk, Tower Chronicles, Pacific Rim) profite de la conclusion de la série Batman Incoporated pour dévoiler la nouvelle mini-série Annihilator en quatre numéros du scénariste Grant Morrison et de son collaborateur Frazer Irving.

Le scénariste de cinéma Ray Spass découvre qu’il a une tumeur au cerveau. Avant de partir, l’auteur du succès internationale Hellraising veut retrouver sa gloire d’antan avec son dernier projet Annhililator. Mais quand le héros amnésique du film, Max Nomax, apparait afin de récupérer sa mémoire contenue dans la tumeur pour échapper à l’assassin Jet Makro, finir le scénario devient une question de vie ou de mort.

Les comics de la licence Legendary sont publiés par Disney/Marvel Comics.

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/6786/t7fq.jpg

[quote]Hellraising screenwriter Ray Spass has one last chance to restore himself to former glory as he struggles to write a new studio tent-pole movie, Annihilator. The film centers around the adventures of Max Nomax, a sci-fi anti-hero caught in an epic struggle against the authoritarian artificial life form Vada and it’s chief assassin, Jet Makro.

But when Max Nomax appears in real-life, Ray thinks it’s a side effect of the brain tumor he was recently diagnosed with. Despite all logic, Nomax is real, having escaped from an impossible prison with no memory. Ray’s tumor is the key—it contains all Nomax’s adventures, downloaded into Ray’s head before Nomax escaped.

Ray needs to finish his screenplay in order to get the information out of his head and shrink the tumor. Nomax needs Ray to finish his screenplay so he can remember who he is, what ultimate crime he has committed, how to defeat Vada and save the universe from annihilation – if the unstoppable Jet Makro doesn’t reach Nomax and Ray first. [/quote]

Un pitch typiquement Morrisonnien :slight_smile:. Ca peut être bien sympa, en tout cas.

oui ca sent bon le morrison en effet

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/6786/t7fq.jpg

[quote] ANNIHILATOR
Story: Grant Morrison
Art/Cover: Frazer Irving
September 4, 2014 / 40 PAGES / $3.99
ONE MAN’S MIND IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE UNIVERSE
Legendary Comics proudly presents Annihilator, an original graphic novel odyssey from the extraordinary mind of Grant Morrison. This 6-issue series is a subversive sci-fi adventure like no other, brought to life with stunning artwork from Frazer Irving (Judge Dredd, Necronauts).
Washed-up Hollywood screenwriter Ray Spass is caught in a downward spiral of broken relationships, wild parties and self-destruction. Out of luck and out of chances, he’s one failed script away from fading into obscurity. Little does he know he’s about to write the story of his life.
As his imagination runs rampant, Ray must join forces with his own fictional character Max Nomax on a reality-bending race to stop the entire universe from imploding… without blowing his own mind in the process.[/quote]

http://imageshack.com/a/img840/7955/hccu.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/2511/8h9s.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img849/4514/i31z.jpg

Source: www.robot6.comicbookresources.com

Ah, quand même !!
Plutôt discret le Morrison en ce moment, et du coup ses projets commençaient à prendre un peu la poussière, entre « Multiversity » et « Annihilator » (chouette titre, au passage, qui ravira les amateurs de thrash metal canadien !).
Peu importe, j’en serai évidemment. Ce sera chez Panini pour la VF, j’imagine ?

[quote]I basically wanted to write about Hollywood, and Hollywood is all about the illusion – and the illusion is ultimately created by screenwriters and directors and writers in the first place. But it’s all about writing stories and making up stories. I wanted to write about my Hollywood experience and the fact that I’ve written a bunch of studio screenplays that have never been made, and I’ve met a bunch of people who are very strange and fit into that Hollywood ecology. * something that people could read and make sense of and summed up how I feel about Los Angeles.*
[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE GRANT MORRISON[/size][/quote]

[quote]I think it works really well in comics. It may just be me, but I do like a comic that seems quite dense, and so I like scenes to be compressed down. I like moments to be smashed into nuggets.

Because comics, you basically only have 20 — maybe 30 if you’re lucky, or 40 if you’re doing a big one — pages to work with. And that’s not a lot, you know. It doesn’t move as fast as film or television.

So what you can do is just pack the panels with a little bit more density. And that involves, you know, maybe doing a little more interesting language that can be read, or re-read. Or symbolism that can be broken down, so the comic can be read more than once and studied from 10 different angles.

But I do like to compress a lot of compress a lot of material into one, because it costs a lot of money, I think. So I guess that’s my excuse.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE GRANT MORRISON[/size]

[quote]Well, I wanted to work with him on this. We’d done Batman together and we’d done Klarion and the Witch Boy, and he’s really particularly good at this kind of sexy dark stuff, and it was a very specific and noir-psychedelic look that I was going for. So actually the first couple of issues of Annihilator were written but I didn’t want anyone else to draw it, and I resisted the notion that anybody else might draw it. We waited until Frazer was available and he agreed to do it.

Honestly, it couldn’t have been anyone but him. This whole book was written for him, and he’s captured exactly what I wanted, but even better than I imagined. I think he’s one of our modern greats and I’m so glad we got the chance to do this together. I’ve seen four complete issues now and it’s up there with the best of my books.[/quote]

Je suis en train de lire ça, c’est pas mal du tout. Bon, c’est une grosse relecture de Flex Mentallo en version glauque S-F, mais ça se laisse lire.

[quote]It just clears the air. When I spoke about this before, I was dealing with my mother’s death and trying to find a framework to talk about it. And I came across all the nihilist philosophers and all the kind of Speculative Realism like Thomas LiGotti. I went through that philosophy and dug into the darkest, shittiest levels of what it means to be us. Weirdly enough, I have come out the other side of it with a song and a dance.

Well, ultimately, our lives are absurd. And that’s the only way to handle it. If you become too caught up in the sadness, or too caught up in the horror of being in a physical body that eventually disintegrates, that’s dark shit. But if you add humor to it, suddenly it becomes poetry. I think humor is, for human beings, one of our greatest super powers. Because we can transform anything with humor.[/quote]

[quote=« Photonik »]Ah, quand même !!
Plutôt discret le Morrison en ce moment, et du coup ses projets commençaient à prendre un peu la poussière, entre « Multiversity » et « Annihilator » (chouette titre, au passage, qui ravira les amateurs de thrash metal canadien !).
Peu importe, j’en serai évidemment. Ce sera chez Panini pour la VF, j’imagine ?[/quote]

Urban semble l’avoir annoncé !

Aaah, voilà une sacrée bonne nouvelle, merci pour l’info.

Et aux dernières nouvelles, c’est prévu pour septembre…

Rhoooh, c’est loin…
Mais bon, c’est déjà une excellente initiative de le publier, hein.

tien au fait,du coup ça sort chez nous chez Urban