ARCHIE #700-708 (Nick Spencer, collectif)

L’actuelle série Archie, scénarisée par Mark Waid depuis 2015, s’arrête ce mois-ci au numéro 32.
L’éditeur relancera le titre cet automne, en reprenant l’ancienne numérotation (qui cumulera les 666 numéros de la première série et les 32 de la suivante). En octobre, Archie Comics sortira donc Archie #699, un épisode spécial qui récapitulera les événements importants du run de Mark Waid. Puis le scénariste Nick Spencer (Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man…) prendra la relève au #700, accompagné par Marguerite Sauvage (Faith) aux dessins.

Nick Spencer : « Getting to write Archie is more than a dream come true for me. I’ve loved reading the exploits of the whole Riverdale gang my entire life, and getting to now tell their stories myself is a real honor. And launching with a milestone 700th issue! It doesn’t get better than that. Well, it does actually – I’m working with Marguerite Sauvage, one of the best artists in comics!
Everyone involved in this project has such a passion for these characters, and it’s our sincere hope to honor the legacy of what’s come before while moving boldly into the future with twists and surprises like you’ve never seen before! »

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

Nick Spencer ? Damn, ce truc attise ma curiosité…

Ouais, belle équipe.

Jim

Les couvertures de Archie #700 par Marguerite Sauvage, Mike Allred, Matthew Dow Smith et Francesco Francavilla :

archie-700-covera-sauvage-1129021

archie-700-coverb-allred-1129022

archie-700-coverc-dowsmith-1129023

archie-700-coverd-francavilla-1129024

Source : www.comicbook.com

Premier aperçu :

archie-comics-700-nick-spencer-relaunch-2

archie-comics-700-nick-spencer-relaunch-3

archie-comics-700-nick-spencer-relaunch-4

Source : www.ew.com

Graphiquement, c’est joli.

Jim

La couverture du #701 :

Archie-701

ARCHIE #701

Written by: Nick Spencer.

Art by: Marguerite Sauvage.

Covers by: Marguerite Sauvage, Jen Bartel, Thomas Pitilli.

Description: Archie Andrews has a secret – and he’s not the only one! These days, it seems like everyone in Riverdale has something to hide – but when their perfect small town life is rocked by a mysterious surprise, the truth starts tumbling out. Part 2 of « How I wasted my summer vacation! »

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Jan. 2.

ARCHIE #702

Art by: Marguerite Sauvage, Sandy Jarrell, Matt Herms.

Covers by: Marguerite Sauvage, Joe Quinones, Michael Walsh.

Description: « How I Wasted My Summer Vacation! » part 3. Old secrets and new loves threaten to tear Riverdale apart! The whole town is on edge, and that’s before a bombshell hits that will have everyone talking!

In stores: Feb. 6.

ARCHIE #704

Art by: Sandy Jarrell.

Covers by: Veronica Fish, Sandy Jarrell, Matthew Dow Smith.

Description: Jughead has a mystery to solve. But every question he thinks he finds an answer to only leads to more questions. Does everyone in Riverdale have something to hide?Â

In stores: May 8.

ARCHIE #706

Written by: Nick Spencer, Mariko Tamaki.

Art by: Jenn St-Onge.

Covers by: Veronica Fish, Rebekah Isaacs, Stephen Mooney.

Description: Archie and Sabrina are the hottest couple in Riverdale – but how did their whirlwind romance come to be? This issue introduces readers to the history of their magical love story.

In stores: July 24.

ARCHIE #708

Written by: Nick Spencer, Mariko Tamaki.

Art by: Sandy Jarrell.

Covers by: Derek Charm, Eva Cabrera, Ramon K. Perez, Pet Pals Photo Variant.

Description: Archie and Sabrina have been successful at keeping their relationship a secret from everyone – even despite Archie’s now-public persona. But can they continue their mystery around the people in Sabrina’s life? Meanwhile, Reggie and Jughead continue to investigate their own mystery… and stumble upon some big hints!

In stores: Oct. 16.