BATMAN & ROBIN ETERNAL #1-26 (Collectif)

On le savait depuis la fin de la “première saison” en avril dernier, la saga hebdomadaire Batman Eternal aura les faveurs d’une suite que publiera DC Comics à partir d’octobre sous le titre Batman & Robin Eternal.

Aux manettes, le “noyau dur” composé des showrunners Scott Snyder (Batman) et James Tynion IV (The Woods) et du scénariste Tim Seeley (Grayson) accueillera quelques habitués de la maison comme Genevieve Valentine (Catwoman) et Steve Orlando (Midnighter), mais aussi du sang neuf: Ed Brisson (The Mantle) et le duo Jackson Lanzing & Colin Kelly (Hacktivist).

Comme le présume le titre, cette deuxième année s’intéressera plus particulièrement au jeune prodige Dick Grayson - de son passé en tant que trapéziste à Haley Circus à son présent d’espion au sein de Spyral, en passant par ses années de “jeune prodige” sous l’aile de Batman - ainsi qu’aux autres héros qui lui ont succédé. Après Spoiler, Tynion promet la réintroduction d’un autre membre de la bat-famille demandé fréquemment: Cassandra Cain.

L’artiste Tony Daniel lancera la série avant d’être suppléé par Paul Pelletier et Scot Eaton.

Liens
Le site de l’éditeur: dccomics.com
Le blog de Tim Seeley: timseeleyart.blogspot.fr
le Tumblr de James Tynion IV: jamesthefourth.tumblr.com

Lors d’une interview avec le site comicbookresources, l’artiste Tony Daniel a présenté les premières pages de Batman & Robin Eternal #1:

[size=150]INTERVIEW DE L’ARTISTE TONY DANIEL[/size]

Eh bien, ça m’a l’air vachement “goddamn batman”, tout ça.

[quote]I think they’d notice that my storytelling has improved. I think my characters are a lot more polished — little things like faces, facial expressions and body language are things that I’ve worked on a lot. And I think people, if they were to compare this in my current work to work I did on R.I.P. and post-R.I.P., they’ll be able to see right away that they’re night and day, the characters and the way I’m drawing the facial expressions. And my perspective — I’m much better than I was five or six years ago.

Little things that you have to kind of work through as an artist, little things that you pick up and learn, and accumulate. So after a few years, you should be able to see the differences in an artist’s work.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DE L’ARTISTE TONY S. DANIEL[/size]

Trois pages supplémentaires de Batman & Robin Eternal #1:

http://imageshack.com/a/img909/8374/wqIcMp.jpg

[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE JAMES TYNION IV[/size]

Voici quatre pages supplémentaires de Batman & Robin Eternal #1:

Source: www.comicbookresources.com

[quote=“Lanzing”]And James led the charge on that with Mother, which is a new character, a Ra’s Al Ghul-level villain for the DC Universe, unlike any villain in that pantheon, one that, I think, makes you look at Batman and the Batman family through a different lens than most Batman villains, and that’s her strength. I’m really excited for people to meet her.

Sculptor is a similar character. She’s going to hopefully let us look at these characters in a bit of a different way. She’s going to reveal certain things about the characters that we may not have understood before. And she and her history with certain characters in our story will be a big part of the book and connects into the sort of second act of our story.

Her entrance into the story and the events that lead up to it wrap up our initial section and really launch us forward.

We get to play with Sculptor a little less than Ed Brisson. He’s going to be, I think, the definitive voice for that character.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DES SCÉNARISTES COLLIN KELLIN ET JACKSON LANZING[/size]

[quote]Batman and Robin Eternal #1
Story by James Tynion IV, Scott Snyder
Art by Tony Daniel, Sandu Florea
Colors by Tomeu Morey
Letters by Tom Napolitano
Cover by Tony Daniel, Sandu Florea, Tomeu Morey, [more…]
Publisher DC Comics
Cover Price: $3.99
Release Date Oct 7th, 2015
It’s here at last—the sequel to the blockbuster weekly series BATMAN ETERNAL!
Five years ago, Batman and Robin worked the most disturbing case of their crimefighting careers—bringing down the organization of the ultimate human trafficker, the mysterious woman known only as Mother. At the time, Dick Grayson never quite understood the scope of that case, but now its darkest secrets are coming back to haunt him and everyone else who ever worked with Batman! With Bruce Wayne now lost to them, Dick and all his allies are out in the cold! Who can they trust? Is someone among them not who they say they are? And who is the deadly, silent young woman in black who’s come to Gotham City looking for Batman?
Prepare yourself for six months of international intrigue, twists and turns, and new additions to the world of Batman and Robin, from showrunners James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder, and writers Tim Seeley, Steve Orlando, Genevieve Valentine, Ed Brisson, and Jackson Lanzing & Collin Kelly![/quote]

Source: comicbookresources.com

[quote]The way we approached Batman and Robin Eternal was that it should be a celebration of 75 years of Robin, but also to make it a different kind of story that isn’t usually told about Robin, so we approached it as doing, like, a globe-hopping thriller.

And Dick’s new situation gives him the perfect reason for that. So it’s a combination of an old Batman and Robin story with a new-style Grayson story.

That allowed me, since I get to write new adventures every week with Tom [King, co-writer on Grayson], to ask, well, how can we use this to expand what we already have?

So this weekly series is kind of a perfect fusion of those two things.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE TIM SEELEY[/size]

La couverture de **Batman & Robin Eternal #3 **présente la nouvelle Cassandra Cain:

[quote]This story has two halves…well, not two halves. It’s the past interacting with the present in a very interesting way. Part of the story is told during Dick Grayson’s tenure as Robin and basically, it’s an entire case that Robin thought he was investigating one thing but Bruce was actually investigating something much bigger, much more dangerous, that he was trying to protect Robin from for reasons that become clear later in the series. When that larger threat emerges in the present day, they no longer have Bruce to go to in order to help them figure out what this mystery is and what Bruce did to bring this threat down all those years ago. They’re going to ahve to figure it out alone, at a moment when they’re not sure if they can even really trust each other.

We’re going to be playing with all of the relationships between all of the core Robins in the present, but also their relationships to Bruce and most of all, Dick Grayson’s relationship to Bruce Wayne.[/quote]

C’est moi, ou c’est en train de devenir un adjectif?

[quote]Batman and Robin: Eternal #2
Story by JAMES TYNION IV and SCOTT SNYDER
Script by TIM SEELEY and JAMES TYNION IV
Art by PAUL PELLETIER
Cover by TONY S. DANIEL
On sale OCTOBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Five years ago, Batman and Robin worked the most disturbing case of their crimefighting careers—bringing down the organization of the ultimate human trafficker, the mysterious woman known only as Mother. At the time, Dick Grayson never quite understood the scope of that case, but now its darkest secrets are coming back to haunt him and everyone else who ever worked with Batman! With Bruce Wayne now lost to them, Dick and all his allies are out in the cold! Who can they trust? Is someone among them not who they say they are? And who is the deadly, silent young woman in black who’s come to Gotham City looking for Batman?
Prepare yourself for six months of international intrigue, twists and turns, and new additions to the world of Batman and Robin, from showrunners James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder, and writers Tim Seeley, Steve Orlando, Genevieve Valentine, Ed Brisson, and Jackson Lanzing & Collin Kelly![/quote]

Source: newsarama.com

[quote]When I first heard it, it was surreal. Getting to work in Gotham… it’s pretty damn crazy for a guy who, you know, not too long ago was holding a sign at the DC Booth in Comic-Con International: San Diego that said, “The line ends here.” And now I’m writing about Batman. So when I heard about it, I was nervous, but also excited for the challenge.

I think it came about because I’ve been doing, I think, some of the best action in comic books with Midnighter, and obviously, you want a weekly to be as hard-hitting and memorable as possible. And so, as the guy that killed someone with a T-bone steak in Midnighter, I think they sort of knew where to go.

And that sort of leads into the prospect of working on a weekly. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses, as has every creator, and that was exciting to me: to get into a room and fly off this story with a bunch of people that do different things better than me, and are there to basically keep us all honest and put together ideas in a way that the final product isn’t anything we could do on our own. And I think that’s super exciting.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE STEVE ORLANDO[/size]

[quote]BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #3

STORY BY
Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Tim Seeley
ART BY
Paul Pelletier, Scot Eaton, Tony Kordos, [more…]
COLORS BY
Rain Beredo
LETTERS BY
Joshua Cozine, Troy Peteri
COVER BY
Tony S. Daniel, Tomeu Morey
PUBLISHER
DC Comics
COVER PRICE:
$2.99
RELEASE DATE
Oct 21st, 2015

Source : comicbookresources.com

[quote]BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #4

STORY BY Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Steve Orlando
ART BY Scot Eaton
COLORS BY Gabe Eltaeb
LETTERS BY Saida Temofonte
COVER BY Paul Pelletier, Tony Kordos, Tomeu Morey
PUBLISHER DC Comics
COVER PRICE: $2.99
RELEASE DATE Oct 28th, 2015

Source: www.comicbookresources.com

[quote]Batman & Robin: Eternal #5
Scripter Steve Orlando
Story By Scott Snyder, James T Tynion IV
Art by: Francis Manapul, Scot Eaton
Cover by: Francis Manapul
Grayson vs Red Robin! Grayson digs deeper into Red Robin’s true origins. Will he find the answers he seeks, or will it splinter the Bat-team forever!
U.S. Price: 2.99
On Sale Date: Nov 4 2015
Page Count: 32[/quote]

Source: www.uproxx.com

[quote]BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #6
Written by James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder
Art by Tony S. Daniel, Sandu Florea, Mark Morales, and Tomeu Morey
Published by DC Comics
Release Date: November 11, 2015

Grayson, Red Robin and Red Hood fracture, not knowing whether they can trust each other or the legacy of Batman. In the past, Robin gets his chance to redeem himself in Batman’s eyes and take on Scarecrow.[/quote]

Source: www.comicosity.com

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/5562/vAzf0D.jpg

[quote]Batman and Robin Eternal #7
Publisher: DC COMICS
(W) Scott Snyder & Various (A) Alvaro Martinez, Raul Fernandez (CA) Dan Panosian

The new Batman weekly powers into its second month-and goes international! Batman’s greatest secret has torn the Robins apart, sending them on different missions around the world. What is the significance of the case Batman and Robin worked five years ago in Prague? What will Jason Todd and Tim Drake find on the island of vice that is Gamorra? And can Harper Row get through the wall Cassandra Cain has built around herself?

Item Code: SEP150195
In Shops: 11/18/2015
SRP: $2.99[/quote]

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/3555/FxwOHc.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/2669/DioovY.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img903/3158/QHTcrb.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/2662/NAUFdY.jpg

Source: www.comicbook.com

[quote] We’ve definitely seen the act turn over. Everything came to a head in Gotham City. They’re aware of the threat that Mother is posing, but they still don’t know the depth of the threat.

So what’s happening right now is now, Jason Todd and Tim Drake are off on their adventure that’s going to end up bringing in characters that no one’s expecting to show up in the series, and I’m very excited for people to finally find out who we’re bringing in here — Cassandra Cain’s not the only character who’s coming back to continuity in this story.

With Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain and Harper Row, now they’re back where Batman and Robin were five years ago, when Batman first started investigating Mother.[/quote]