BLUE BOOK #1-4 (James Tynion IV / Michael Avon Oeming)

James Tynion IV reconstituera des histoires de rencontres avec des OVNI basées sur des témoignages réels dans sa première série pour la plateforme Substack, Blue Book.

La partie graphique a été confiée à Michael Avon Oeming (Powers). Le #1 sera mis en ligne en septembre.

blue-book-1

blue-book-2

blue-book-3

« While researching The Department of Truth , I found myself reading more and more about the strange histories of the world, » Tynion said. « The stories of people who have encountered what they can’t explain and then have to grapple with what they may or may not have seen. And reading those stories I kept having the same thought, over and over – ‹ This would make a really good comic book. › With Blue Book , I wanted to dig deeper into what I consider to be a strange cousin of the True Crime genre… Something I like to call True Weird. How do people tell the story of encountering something that defies all logic, and all the rules they’ve come to know about the world? What do those stories say about all of us? I couldn’t be more excited about exploring all of that with Michael. »

Y a un air de famille avec la série traduite par Jim chez Delcourt.

La mini-série sera publiée en comic-book par Dark Horse à partir de février 2023.

(W) James TynionIV (A) Klaus Janson (A/CA) Michael Avon Oeming
From the New York Times bestselling and award-winning cocreators of Something is Killing the Children, The Nice House on the Lake, The Department of Truth, and Powers comes this ambitious, nonfiction comic book experience depicting true stories of UFO abductions with an eye to capturing the strange essence of those encounters.

In this debut issue, Tynion presents what he calls his « True Weird » stories. Tales of ordinary people encountering the strange and the impossible. Teaming with artist Michael Avon Oeming, they retell some of the most popular UFO and alien encounter accounts starting with the infamous Betty and Barney Hill abduction-the widely publicized and very first abduction that went on to shape and influence all future encounter stories.

o Also includes the short « True Weird: Coney Island » by James Tynion IV, Klaus Janson, and Aditya Bidikar!
In Shops: Feb 22, 2023
SRP: $4.99

bluebook4a

BLUE BOOK #4

Written by: James Tynion IV, Steve Foxe,

Art by: Michael Avon Oeming, John McCrea.

Covers by: Michael Avon Oeming, Chris Shehan, Elsa Charretier.

Description: Madness and paranoia continue to take a toll on the sanity of Betty and Barney Hill as they search for help in determining whether their nightmares may have been missing memories of their alien encounter.

Pages: 32.

Price: $4.99.

In stores: May 24.

Oeming semble se tirer les doigts.

Jim