BUFFY THE LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER #1-5 (Casey Gilly / Joe Jaro)

La Tueuse de vampires aura prochainement sa mini-série à la Old Man Logan. Ecrit par Casey Gilly et dessiné par Joe Jaro, The Last Vampire Slayer sera publié à partir de décembre.

« In a world ruled by darkness, Buffy Summers is the last Slayer. A magical catastrophe has ended the Slayer line and nearly blotted out the sun, allowing vampires to prey on humanity unimpeded. Now in her 50s, Buffy wages a desperate one-woman fight against the forces of evil. That is, until she stumbles across something she hasn’t seen in a long time … hope, in the form of a prophecy and the young girl who carries it. »

« It’s been such a privilege to tell a story from Buffy’s mid-life years, » Gilly said. « We so often see women in their 50’s being overlooked, but our Slayer refuses to become convenient and invisible. I hope fans who, like me, grew up with teenage Buffy and now find themselves approaching middle age, can see their current selves in her – someone heroic, wise, and maybe just a little bit salty. There is so much I’m excited for with this series, but I truly cannot wait for y’all to see the gorgeous work Joe Jaro has done bringing Buffy The Last Vampire Slayer to the page. He is incredible. »

« I’ve been a fan of Buffy and the Buffyverse since my school days, » Jaro said. « It was a great mix of action, horror, and comedy. I’m so excited to now be able to draw Buffy and the rest of the Scooby gang, and add our own twist to her story as a creative team. »

Drôle d’idée, mais pourquoi pas…

Cela dit, elle doit être sacrément usée, après 35 ans de combats contre les vampires !

Tori.

Written by: Casey Gilly.

Art by: Joe Jaro.

Covers by: Ario Anindito, Rod Reis, Dani Pendergast, Jakub Rebelka, Claire Roe, Giuseppe Camuncoli.

Description: Can a lone Slayer save what’s left of humanity? Buffy Summers is the last Slayer. Now in her 50s, she wages a one woman fight against the forces of darkness, who prey on humanity in the daylight unimpeded thanks to a magical catastrophe that has nearly blotted out the sun. The same disaster robbed Buffy of her friends and ended the Slayer-line, forcing her into an endless guerilla war. That is, until she stumbles across something she hasn’t seen in a long time – hope, in the form of a prophecy and the young girl who carries it.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

Available: December 8.

Covers by: Ario Anindito, Rod Reis, Dani Pendergast, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Jakub Rebelka.

Description: After a coven rally meant to heal the atmosphere ends in tragedy, Thessally seeks out Buffy guided only by instructions from an old friend. Despite their shared past, Buffy refuses to train her. Instead, she delivers Thess to The Watcher’s Council, certain they’ll be more suitable guardians. But the Council isn’t what they seem, putting Buffy and Thessally in peril, until the intervention of three hooded figures…

Price: $4.99.

Available: January 12.

Covers by: Ario Anindito, Claire Roe, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Jakub Rebelka.

Description: Spike’s unorthodox coven is revealed, along with their plans to continue Willow’s work and save humanity, but they’re struggling with spells, and the brutality of the vampires against witches had deep ramifications. But Buffy is having visions of the past that brings up conflict with Spike, as well as guilt. Can they find a way to make the spells work, find out what part Thessaly plays in all of this, as well as deal with a threat more deadly than perpetual darkness?

Covers by: Ario Anindito, Claire Roe, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Jakub Rebelka.

Description: The Slayer and her allies make one last desperate attempt to bring sunlight back to Earth and send the reigning Evil forces back into the shadows… But the loss of Buffy’s powers is proving too much to bear, and even with the help of Spike, the witches, and newly discovered Potential Slayer Thess, she might not make it. Will Buffy be able to hold on long enough to save the world and see her Slayer legacy continue in Thess? Find out in the conclusion to the epic post-apocalyptic series!

Available: March 9.

BUFFY LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER (2023) #5 (OF 5)

(W) Casey Gilly (A) Nicola Izzo, Oriol Roig (CA) Ario Anindito

Thess confronts Cora’s bullies but neither they-nor Cora-are what Thessally expected, and it affects her deeply to the point of being reckless.

But thankfully some unexpected help arrives for Thess, someone who can help get Cora out of harm’s way!

In Shops: Dec 06, 2023

SRP: $4.99

1 « J'aime »