CITIZEN JACK #1-6 (Sam Humphries / Tommy Patterson)

Bien connu des lecteurs de Marvel, le scénariste Sam Humphries (Planet Hulk, Star-Lord) arrive chez Image comics avec la série satyrique Citizen Jack.

Elle raconte la campagne virulente de Jack Notworthy, un petit politicien sans envergure assisté par le terrifiant démon Marlinspike. La partie graphique a été confiée à Tommy Patterson (Games of Thrones)

Le premier numéro sort le 4 novembre.

[quote]Citizen Jack #1
Story by Sam Humphries
Art by Tommy Patterson
Colors by John Alderink
Letters by Rachel Deering
Cover by Tommy Patterson, Chip Zdarsky
Publisher Image Comics
Cover Price: $3.99
Release Date Nov 4th, 2015
A HORROR-COMEDY FOR ANYONE WHO HATES POLITICS!
Every presidential candidate has a skeleton in their closet—Jack Northworthy worships the devil! A scandal-plagued small town politician, Jack should in no way be president. But he’s got a secret weapon: Marlinspike, a malevolent demon of high ambitions. Together, they’re running for president in an outrageous campaign that America will never forget! Blockbuster writer SAM HUMPHRIES (Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men: Black Vortex) and New York Times bestselling artist TOMMY PATTERSON (Game of Thrones) debut a brand new ONGOING SERIES with a DIABOLICAL EXTRA-SIZED FIRST ISSUE![/quote]

Lien
Le site de l’éditeur: imagecomics.com

[quote]First of all, that whole line about the issues is bullshit. It’s all a dog and pony show. And the reason behind that is because people who work at Fox News gotta eat. People who work at MSNBC gotta eat. People who write for the newspapers and bloggers gotta eat. They’re all part of the same machine. If this was just an election run on the issues, then the attention would go down, and people would stop getting paid.

So politicians can keep saying “This is the year we’re going to run a clean campaign” or “This is the year where we’re not going to call people names” or “We’re not going to use people who are marginalized as props for our campaign.” But that’s never going to happen. That’s why the system is the way it is right now.

With the way the campaign is going now – not just with Trump but with the Hilary Clinton e-mails or Bernie Sanders or whoever – we’re over a year out, and it’s already crazy. And it’s not going to get less crazy or weird the closer we get to election day. So to a certain degree, I do feel justified in making “Citizen Jack.” I feel lionized. It certainly would have been frustrating for me if the politicians had done what they promised and delivered a back to basics campaign without any sensationalism whatsoever. We would have been caught with our pants down.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE SAM HUMPHRIES[/size]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DE PATTERSON ET HUMPHRIES[/size]

La partie dessinée m’a l’air pas mal du tout, & le *pitch * n’est pas dépourvu d’une certaine originalité.

[quote]We don’t use the words Democrat or Republican in Citizen Jack. We are nonpartisan in our satire. We don’t address any real life issues. This is about scandals, king making, backroom deals, and corruption.

I am into politics, if by “into” you mean enraged by, afraid of, and disgusted by politics. And I am also “into” politics if you mean inspired by, awed by, and motivated into action. Citizen Jack is the action I decided to take after being enraged, inspired, afraid, disgusted by, and in awe of what politics has become in America.

I grew up in Minnesota, and one of my first political memories was watching the returns for the 1984 election – Reagan’s landslide against Mondale. They had the map of the U.S., and the whole thing was red, for Reagan. Only Minnesota was blue, and the tiny square of Washington D.C. Minnesota, all alone in a sea of blood red. That’s when I understood that politics could be a farce.

How is Donald Trump doing what he’s doing? That is the kind of question that drives Citizen Jack. Trump could be the next president, or he could flame out next week. Either way. Citizen Jack is bigger than Trump.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE SAM HUMPHRIES[/size]

[quote]Citizen Jack #1
Story by Sam Humphries
Art by Tommy Patterson
Cover by Tommy Patterson, Chip Zdarsky
Publisher Image Comics
Release Date Nov 4th, 2015
“Sam Humphries is one of the most exciting voices in comics today…a new creator owned comic by him and his collaborators is super exciting for anyone who loves the medium!”
– BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
“I loved CITIZEN JACK…twisted, hilarious satire right when it’s most needed.”
– Scott Snyder
A HORROR-COMEDY FOR ANYONE WHO HATES POLITICS! Every presidential candidate has a skeleton in their closet—Jack Northworthy worships the devil! A scandal-plagued, small town politician, Jack should in no way be president. But he’s got a secret weapon: Marlinspike, a malevolent demon of high ambitions. Together, they’re running for president in an outrageous campaign that America will never forget! Blockbuster writer SAM HUMPHRIES (Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men: Black Vortex) and New York Times bestselling artist TOMMY PATTERSON (Game of Thrones) debut a brand new ONGOING SERIES with a DIABOLICAL EXTRA-SIZED FIRST ISSUE![/quote]

Source: www.comicbookresources.com

[quote]Citizen Jack #2
Story by Sam Humphries
Art by Tommy Patterson
Colors by Jon Alderink
Letters by Rachel Deering
Cover by Tommy Patterson, Dylan Todd, Ming Doyle
Publisher Image Comics
Release Date Dec 2nd, 2015
America meets Jack, as his demon plays a lethal game.[/quote]

Source: www.comicbookresources.com