CODENAME: BABOUSHKA #1-4 (Anthony Johnston/Shari Chankhamma)

Qu’est-ce qui se passerait si la femme fatale russe était en fait l’héroïne ?

Lors de l’Exposition Image qui se tient aujourd’hui, le scénariste Anthony Johnston (Fuse, Umbral) a révélé le titre de sa nouvelle série: Codename: Baboushka.

Illustrée par Shari Chankhamma, la série suit les aventures de la Comtesse, une ex-membre de la mafia vivant paisiblement à New York jusqu’au jour où la CIA décide de la faire chanter en lui imposant des missions secrètes.

Le premier arc s’intitule The Conclave of Death et débutera en octobre.

Lien
Le site de l’éditeur: imagecomics.com

[quote]Contessa, a.k.a. Baboushka, was a leader in the Russian mafia. Hardnosed, ruthless… very much her own woman. She’s a martial artist, marksman, and good with guns and gadgets as any good pulp spy should be. She’s supported by her constant companion Gyorgy Gyorgyov, an old friend of her family who was in fact her KGB handler and inventor. He returns to her side as she begins working for EON.

But as I said, Baboushka is very much her own woman and doesn’t take crap from anyone. She’s more than capable of handling herself, and always has one eye on gaining the upper hand in any situation. And in her civilian guise, she’s the last of a noble Russian line. She’s wealthy, noble and glamourous – but rarely seen in public, in order to maintain a mystique that she thought would keep wolves away from her door.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DE ANTHONY JOHNSTON[/size]

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/2704/J8Vfi4.jpg

[quote]Codename: Baboushka #1
Story by Antony Johnston
Art by Shari Chankhamma
Colors by Shari Chankhamma
Cover by Shari Chankhamma, Tula Lotay
Publisher Image Comics
Cover Price: $3.99
Release Date Oct 7th, 2015
CODENAME BABOUSHKA is an action-packed modern pulp spy thriller full of high-stakes thrills in exotic locations, with a kick-ass female hero in the style of James Bond and Modesty Blaise!
Written by ANTONY JOHNSTON (THE FUSE, The Coldest City, Daredevil) and illustrated by SHARI CHANKHAMMA (SHELTERED, The Sisters’ Luck).
The enigmatic Contessa is a wealthy socialite, the last heiress to a noble Russian line—and secretly a deadly assassin! Blackmailed by the US government to carry out dirty jobs even the CIA can’t sanction, she’s got nothing to lose…and everything to fight for![/quote]

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1632/Bhcc1d.jpg

Source: www.comicbookresources.com

[quote]Codename Baboushka: The Conclave Of Death #1
Story by Antony Johnston
Art by Shari Chankhamma
Letters by Simon Bowland
Cover by Shari Chankhamma, Tula Lotay
Publisher Image Comics
Release Date Oct 7th, 2015
CODENAME BABOUSHKA is an action-packed modern pulp spy thriller full of high-stakes thrills in exotic locations, with a kick-ass female hero in the style of James Bond and Modesty Blaise! Written by ANTONY JOHNSTON (THE FUSE, The Coldest City, Daredevil) and illustrated by SHARI CHANKHAMMA (SHELTERED, The Sisters’ Luck). The enigmatic Contessa is a wealthy socialite, the last heiress to a noble Russian line—and secretly a deadly assassin! Blackmailed by the US government to carry out dirty jobs even the CIA can’t sanction, she’s got nothing to lose…and everything to fight for![/quote]

Source: comicbookresources.com

[quote]Codename Baboushka: The Conclave of Death #2
Story by Antony Johnston
Art by Shari Chankhamma
Cover by Shari Chankhamma
Publisher Image Comics
Release Date Nov 11th, 2015
Settling back into her old criminal ways is like riding a bike for Baboushka… but the sudden appearance of armed pirates ensures this ride will be full of bumps and bullets! Dry land is a hundred miles away—can she keep her head above water?[/quote]

Source: www.comicbookresources.com

[quote]Codename Baboushka #4

Story by
Anthony Johnston
Art by
Shari Chankhamma
Cover by
Shari Chankhamma, Tess Fowler
Publisher
Image Comics

Cover Price:
$3.99
Release Date
Jan 13th, 2016

The truth about the pirates’ plan is revealed — or is it?! Can Baboushka trust anyone? Or is it just safer to shoot everyone and ask questions later? Take a wild guess.[/quote]

Source : www.comicbookresources.com

[quote]I knew what I wanted, in a general sense of her appearance — athletic, white hair, “combat jumpsuit,” and so on — but I left the specifics up to Shari. So the shape of Baboushka’s features, the design of her jumpsuit and weapons belt, etc., those were up to her. That’s partly helped by the fact that I already knew Shari loves to design clothes!

But in any case, we went back and forth several times, tweaking things here and there, and that was even more the case for the secondary characters like Gyorgy, Clay, and Stirling. With the crime lords, Shari did even more of the design on those characters herself, with only a small amount of input from me. And that’s not because those characters aren’t important, but just because I didn’t have a firm idea myself of how they should look. In cases like that, I always let artists take the lead.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE ANTHONY JONSTON[/size]