COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1-5 (Stephanie Phillips / Juann Cabal)

Le Cosmic Ghost Rider sera de retour dans une nouvelle série en 2023. Par Stephanie Phillips (Harley Quinn) et Juann Cabal (Guardians of the Galaxy).

And Polygon is excited to announce, courtesy of Marvel Comics, that the dumbest, best version of Frank Castle will ride again, in Cosmic Ghost Rider, a new ongoing series from writer Stephanie Phillips (Harley Quinn) and artist Juann Cabal (Guardians of the Galaxy).

Technically, Cosmic Ghost Rider is a version of Frank Castle who was the only human survivor in a universe where Thanos ruled who made a deal with Mephisto to get revenge and later teamed up with Galactus’ herald, collecting all the powers of a serial killer, the Ghost Rider, and the Silver Surfer. In practice, he’s an absolute idiot in an over-the-top outfit, who uses his abilities to do things like go back in time and try to raise Thanos to be a nice person.

“I love the humor and absurdity of Cosmic Ghost Rider, and because he’s a newer character I feel like there’s lots of potential space (pun intended) to push him in new directions,” Phillips told Polygon via email. “I’m excited to play with Marvel’s cosmic characters and write something that feels really new for me and for Frank Castle as well.”

“VENGEANCE REAWAKENED!” begins Marvel’s official summary of the series’s first issue, with appropriate bombast. “In a far-flung corner of deep space, Frank Castle has eked out a quiet existence, his days as Cosmic Ghost Rider finally behind him. But across the universe, a vicious bounty hunter is leaving a trail of bodies in his wake and his name is… Cosmic Ghost Rider?! When Frank’s peaceful existence is shattered, he must suit up once more and face his most savage enemy yet — himself! Be there for the start of a sprawling space adventure with shocking twists and turns in the saga of Cosmic Ghost Rider!”

“Working on Cosmic Ghost Rider means blending absurdity and realism in ways that I don’t think my previous work has allowed me to do,” Phillips said. Cosmic Ghost Rider, along with the upcoming Rogue & Gambit series, will mark Phillips’ debut at Marvel comics. “I also love the chance to explore Marvel’s cosmic side and push Frank Castle in ways we haven’t yet seen.”

Written by: Stephanie Williams.

Art by: Juann Cabal.

Covers by: Valerio Giangiordano, Ryan Stegman, Nick Roche, Cory Smith, Todd Nauck.

Description: In a far-flung corner of deep space, Frank Castle has eked out a quiet existence, his days as Cosmic Ghost Rider finally behind him. But across the universe, a vicious bounty hunter is leaving a trail of bodies in his wake and his name is…Cosmic Ghost Rider?! When Frank’s peaceful existence is shattered, he must suit up once more and face his most savage enemy yet – himself! Be there for the start of a sprawling space adventure with shocking twists and turns in the saga of Cosmic Ghost Rider!

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: March 1.

large-3857726

COSMIC GHOST RIDER #2

DUEL IDENTITY, PART TWO

There are now TWO Cosmic Ghost Riders. One is the reclusive Frank Castle, living on a remote alien planet. And the other is a ruthless assassin causing violent havoc across the universe. When the bounty hunter Starstalker comes looking to collect Frank for his counterpart’s crimes, Frank is forced to suit up once more—and solve the mystery of his new dual existence.

CREATIVE TEAM

• Writer: Stephanie Phillips
  • Artist: Juann Cabel
  • Colorists: Espen Grundetjern
  • Letterer: VC’s Travis Lanham
  • Designer: Anthony Gambino
  • Cover Artists: Valerio Giangiordano & Morry Hollowell
  • Variant Cover Artist: Jung-Geun Yoon; Marco Mastrazzo; Martín Cóccolo; Maria Wolf
  • Executive Editor: Tom Brevoort
  • Editor: Martin Biro
  • Format: Limited Series
  • Cover Price/Page Count: $3.99/28 pages

COSMIC GHOST RIDER #3

DUEL IDENTITY, PART THREE

VALKYRIE VS. COSMIC GHOST RIDER! It’s the mighty Valkyrie versus Cosmic Ghost Rider—but which of the now TWO Riders is she facing?! As the mystery deepens, the two Cosmic Ghost Riders draw closer to one another for a final confrontation in the depths of space. But first, they both must survive the bevy of bounty hunters, heroes and villains in hot pursuit!

CREATIVE TEAM

• Writer: Stephanie Phillips
  • Artist: Guiu Vilanova
  • Colorists: Espen Grundetjern
  • Letterer: VC’s Travis Lanham
  • Designer: Anthony Gambino
  • Cover Artists: Valerio Giangiordano & Morry Hollowell
  • Variant Cover Artist: Pete Woods
  • Executive Editor: Tom Brevoort
  • Editor: Martin Biro
  • Format: Limited Series
  • Cover Price/Page Count: $3.99/28 pages

Written by: Stephanie Phillips.

Cover by: Valerio Giangiordano, Gerardo Sandoval.

Description: Cosmic Ghost Rider vs. Cosmic Ghost Rider! A battle royal between the two different Cosmic Ghost Riders in the depths of space! But will either of them survive long enough to uncover the mystery of their new dual existence? The revelations and flaming fisticuffs will come fast and furious in this issue!

In stores: June 14.

Written by: Stephanie Phillips.

Cover by: Valerio Giangiordano.

Description: Cosmic Ghost Rider has been tested like never before as he’s battled his own twisted alter ego across the galaxy. But now, trapped on an isolated moon, he must face off against an entire horde of Cosmic Ghost Riders! Who will be left alive when the moondust settles?! And one character will undergo a shocking transformation as a new force explodes into the Marvel Universe!

In stores: July 26.

La série s’arrête au numéro 5?
Ce n’était pas prévu que ce soit une mini série si?
Merci

Oui, c’est une mini-série en 5 numéros.

1 « J'aime »

Matías Bergara :