DICK TRACY #1-4 (Allred, Tommaso)

La deuxième fois sera-t-elle la bonne ? Après le projet avorté de Archie Comics (annulé pour une question de droits), le célèbre privé à l’imper jaune créé par Chester Gould fera son retour dans les pages des comics en septembre, dans une mini-série en 4 épisodes publiée par IDW.

Dick Tracy est écrit par Mike et Lee Allred, dessiné par Rich Tommaso (Sam Hill, Peter et Miriam…), encré par Mike Allred et colorisé par Laura Allred.

Ci-dessous, la couverture du #1 par Mike et Laura Allred :

Mike Allred : “Dick Tracy is an instantly recognizable old-school icon, like Mickey Mouse and Superman, but he’s been out of the spotlight a while and due for a curtain call. We want to shake it up and show the glow in the 21st Century. I always get a big kick working with my first-ever collaborator and big brother, Lee Allred, as well as my favorite colorist and favorite wife, Laura. But I’m crazy excited about working with Rich Tommaso! He is one of the most innovative and thrilling cartoonists working in comics. I’m lit up with giddy shock that he’s letting me slop ink on his beautifully rendered pencils, keeping me on my toes to do the work justice on this thrilling series!”

Source : www.cbr.com

Publiés en France chez les Editions çà et là !

DICK TRACY: DEAD OR ALIVE #1

Written by: Lee Allred, Michael Allred.

Art by: Rich Tommaso, Michael Allred.

Covers by: Michael Allred, Rich Tommaso, Mike Oeming, Ryan Kincaid.

Description: IDW Publishing proudly presents the rebirth of one the most iconic comic-strip heroes of all time, Dick Tracy! The All-American detective just made the biggest collar of his career, and it only cost him his job! But now the honest cop has packed his bags for « the city by the lake, » and its criminals better watch out! Reimagined for the 21st century through a retro lens by the superstar team of Michael Allred, Lee Allred, Rich Tommaso and Laura Allred, Dick Tracy: Dead or Alive is a lock to be the pop-art event of 2018! Bizarre villains! Crooked cops! Gunfights galore!

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: September 19.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

Amusant, Tommaso encré par Allred.

Jim

Dick Tracy: Dead or Alive #2 (of 4)

Lee & Michael Allred (w) • Rich Tommaso & Michael Allred (a) • Laura Allred (co) • Michael Allred (c)

The pop-art event of 2018 continues! Dick Tracy begins the herculean task of ridding the city of its crooked cops and bizarre mobsters, but has he bitten off more than he can chew this time? The iconic comic-strip hero reimagined for the 21st century through a retro lens by the superstar team of Michael Allred , Lee Allred , Rich Tommaso and Laura Allred!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Source : www.comicosity.com

DICK TRACY: DEAD OR ALIVE #3

Covers by: Michael Allred.

Description: The pop-art event of 2018 continues! Dick Tracy finds himself on the run from both crooks and cops! Can he survive long enough to clear his name? The iconic comic-strip hero reimagined for the 21st century through a retro lens.

In stores: January 16

DICK TRACY: DEAD OR ALIVE #4

Covers by: Michael Allred, Richard Tommaso.

Description: With Tess Trueheart by his side, Dick Tracy faces a final showdown with Yesterday Knewes in this shocking conclusion to Dead or Alive! Bear witness to the iconic comic-strip hero reimagined in the 21st century through a retro lens.

In stores: February 13.