DICK TRACY FOREVER #1-4 (Michael Avon Oeming)

Après le Dick Tracy de Mike Allred et Rich Tommaso, IDW enchaînera avec une nouvelle mini-série intitulée Dick Tracy Forever.

Grand fan du personnage créé par Chester Gould, Michael Avon Oeming (Powers) est le scénariste et dessinateur de cette aventure en 4 épisodes.

Oeming :

« I’ve gotten to write and draw most of my bucket list characters, from The Spirit to Batman and more, but I never dreamed that Dick Tracy would even be a possibility. It feels completely natural and I cannot wait to show why he’s such a relevant character for all times. »

La couverture du #1 par Michael Avon Oeming :

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

La couverture variante du #1 par Kyle Baker :

dick-tracy-kyle-baker

Oeming, sacrée évidence sur le personnage.

J’ai réservé la mini rien que pour lui!

DICK TRACY FOREVER #1

(W) Michael Avon Oeming (A/CA) Michael Avon Oeming

Dick Tracy is Sisyphus, pushing the law boulder up the hill as he struggles for reason and order in a world with none. His attempts at law and order are met with crime and chaos, in the form of unpredictable and absurd villains. But Dick Tracy will never give up trying, no matter the era or incarnation. Join Eisner Award-winning creator Michael Avon Oeming on a startling case through time and space! From the mind of Eisner Award winner Michael Avon Oeming, co-creator of Powers! Variant cover by multiple Eisner and Harvey award winner Kyle Baker!
Ask your retailer about the special « noir » variant cover by Michael Avon Oeming!

" Ask your retailer about the special « noir » variant cover by Michael Avon Oeming!

In Shops: Apr 24, 2019

SRP: $3.99

Source : www.syfywire.com

Ah effectivement, il est inspiré.

Jim

Tiens, Jim, je me disais avant de lire ton post que je ne te voyais pas « lire » du Oeming…

Pourquoi? Je ne sais pas!

Oh, c’est pas faux : Oeming n’est pas un auteur que je suis de près, j’aime bien ses propositions graphiques mais j’ai toujours trouvé qu’il avait de telles faiblesses de dessin qu’un parti pris stylistique ne pouvait rien y faire. Mais là, je sais pas : entre sa volonté de travailler dans les limites d’une certaine caricature et sa capacité à utiliser des aplats convaincants en droite provenance de chez Kirby, il me convainc bien plus. De là à dire que je vais le lire, c’est une autre affaire…

Jim

dicktracy2a

DICK TRACY FOREVER #2

Written by: Michael Avon Oeming.

Art by: Michael Avon Oeming.

Covers by: Michael Avon Oeming.

Description: Dick Tracy is Sisyphus, pushing the law boulder up the hill as he struggles for reason and order in a world with none. His attempts at law and order are met with crime and chaos, in the form of unpredictable and absurd villains. But Dick Tracy will never give up trying, no matter the era or incarnation.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: May 29.

dicktracy3a

DICK TRACY FOREVER #3

Description: Dick Tracy is Sisyphus, pushing the law boulder up the hill as he struggles for reason and order in a world with none. His attempts at law and order are met with crime and chaos in the form of unpredictable and absurd villains. But Dick Tracy will never give up trying, no matter the era or incarnation.

In stores: June 26.

DICK TRACY FOREVER #4

Description: Dick Tracy is Sisyphus, pushing the law boulder up the hill as he struggles for reason and order in a world with none. His attempts at law and order are met with crime and chaos in the form of unpredictable and absurd villains. But Dick Tracy will never give up trying, no matter the era or incarnation – even in the far-flung future!

In stores: August 7.