DOCTOR DOOM #1-10 (Christopher Cantwell / Salvador Larocca)

img_20190719_124900

Après Invisible Woman et Future Foundation, les rangs des séries FF ou affiliés continuent de grossir, et cette fois c’est au tour de Fatalis d’avoir droit à sa propre série régulière (plusieurs décennies/années après les Astonishing Tales de Wally Wood, la série Super-Villain Team-Up, la version 2099 d’Ellis/Francis Moore ou encore la mini-série de Brubaker, sans oublier Infamous Iron Man).

Le premier numéro est prévu pour octobre et l’équipe créative est composée de Christopher Cantwell (Halt and Catch Fire) au scénario, Salvador Larocca (Uncanny X-Men) au dessin et ACO (Nick Fury) aux couvertures.

img_20190719_124945

img_20190719_124933

Source : https://www.bleedingcool.com

Kool.

Les couvertures des deux premiers numéros :

MTU2MzU0NTUyNw%3D%3D

MTU2MzU0NTUyOA%3D%3D

En espérant une orientation plus intéressante que ce qu’en a fait Slott récemment.

J’aime bien les covers

Larocca, je passe mon tour. Mais c’est vrai que les covers sont chouettes !

Tiens, ça me rappelle que j’ai toujours pas vu la dernière saison de ce très bons soap - aux personnages pourtant fortement antipathique - qu’était Halt and Catch fire.

D’ailleurs, j’ai cru voir le nom du créateur associé à un autre projet intéressant mais je ne me souviens plus quoi.

Sa BD She could fly va devenir une série TV…

https://www.newsarama.com/46171-amc-picks-up-she-could-fly-as-a-tv-show.html

Et il a d’autres comics à venir chez Dark Horse…

La chance qu’on peut avoir, c’est que Vad … euh Fatalis, il a un masque. Et Larroca, il est meilleur quand il n’y a pas de visage !

Ouais c’est vrai qu’à côté de ses Star Wars, ses Vador étaient presque beaux ^^
Enfin il reste les anatomies étranges, les perspectives douteuses, les couleurs plates…

Il va plaider non coupable !

HAHAHAHA

Jim

Premier aperçu :

a16ece32-791e-4328-a2c8-16767174af2e-e1567160561104

d99065fc-717a-483f-9c67-7c69a1b79eab-e1567160591220

Source : www.bleedingcool.com

La première planche c’est du Larroca d’il y a 20 ans celui que j’aime.

En raison de Fatalis je présume ?

mu7254

Comme je disais plus haut !

Tout à fait. Le problème sur cette preview c’est justement les visages plutôt que l’armure.

Je sais pas, mais tout dans le trait sonne comme il y a 20 ans.

L’interview de Cantwell :

Getting a real in-depth human look at Doom has been fascinating. The first thing I did was to go back and read all of the best Doom stories I could find, stretching all the way back to the Kirby days. I was kind of blown away by the entire « Zorba » arc, too…to see Doom overthrown by a « rightful » heir, then to see that heir completely screw up the country, and turn into a worse despot than Doom. It was amazing to read a story where the Fantastic Four help reinstall Doom as the Latverian ruler. It was this strange argument for totalitarianism that was much more complex than you’d think at first glance. Not that I support totalitarianism, it just gave tremendous insight into the guy behind the mask. It’s this storyline that shows Doom receiving flowers from a young Latverian girl, one of the earliest glimpses of his love for his people. I did a similar thing in [WAR OF THE REALMS] WAR SCROLLS #3 as an homage to that moment, but mine emphasized some other harsher aspects of the dictator.

For one, Doom might not have his armor for certain parts of the story. We’ll see him rely on his sorcerer’s abilities, which are fairly phenomenal (just go back and read Roger Stern and Mike Mignola’s TRIUMPH AND TORMENT run to see what I’m talking about). He’ll also have to rely on his intellect, which is equally powerful. But he’ll be going up against some other extremely strong minds as well. He’s also up against a pretty nasty cabal lurking in the shadows, so he’s got to act as a detective in a way.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/exclusive-the-first-look-inside-doctor-doom-1?linkId=73648564&fbclid=IwAR3gRVrKNQLobFRtMY3UhEwMvNyLRBDmJDu83ZnZIJIvKvG_P_KNb9eqmMg&linkId=73648752

doom2019001004_col1

doom2019001005_col1

doom2019001011_col1

doom2019001013_col1

From Christopher Cantwell (HALT AND CATCH FIRE, SHE COULD FLY) comes a new monthly ongoing series… Victor Von Doom – scientist, sorcerer, disfigured face, twisted soul – has been spending much of his time warning against a trillion-dollar global effort to create the first “artificial” black hole. Wrestling with visions of an entirely different life…a better future…DOCTOR DOOM finds himself at a crossroads. (what is he questioning?) A catastrophic act of terrorism kills thousands, and the prime suspect is… DOOM? Victor will have to push his unexplained thoughts aside and focus on remaining alive as the title of “Most Wanted Man” is thrust upon him…. Left with no homeland, no armies, no allies, indeed, nothing at all, will the reign of Doctor Doom come to an abrupt halt?

Writer
Christopher Cantwell
Illustrator
Salvador Larroca
Cover Illustrator
Aco
Release Date: October 9, 2019

Source : www.adventuresinpoortaste.com