DUCK AND COVER (Scott Snyder / Rafael Albuquerque)

• DUCK AND COVER written by Scott Snyder with art by Rafael Albuquerque. “A manga-influenced teen adventure set in the strange post-apocalyptic America… of 1955. In conjunction with Albuquerque’s Stout Club Entertainment.”

654457128_38

Avec un tel titre, on pouvait s’attendre à ce que ça se déroule pendant les années 50… En revanche, le « manga-influenced », je me demande ce que ça recouvre.

Tori.

« Duck and Cover » ça me fait toujours penser à l’épisode de South Park avec le volcan (et Kukrapock avec sa jambe en Patrick Duffy :rofl:)

Je n’ai jamais regardé South Park.
Le peu que j’en ai vu ne m’a jamais fait envie.

Tori.

Début de publication en juillet 2023 sur Comixology (et un peu plus tard dans l’année chez Dark Horse) :

duck-and-cover-5

Hm et il est ou le manga donc ?

Tu veux vraiment connaître la réponse ?

Comixology Originals has announced a July 11 digital launch for Duck and Cover, a post-apocalyptic adventure series from Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque, with a historical twist.

The book is part of Comixology Originals exclusive digital content line, in conjunction with Best Jackett Press and Stout Club Entertainment.

« Duck and Cover is a character driven thrill-ride that blends elements of manga, 1950’s Americana, and post-apocalyptic lore to create something truly unique, » Snyder said.

Here’s how the book is described:

"For generations, the threat of nuclear attack was always in the corner of their minds. Millions of elementary school students and teens were taught that ‹ the flash means act fast. Duck and cover! › But what happens after the blast?

« The year is 1955, and teenager Del Reeves dreams of ditching town life for a life in movies beyond projecting them at the local drive-in. But when Cold War nightmares become a reality, Del discovers that the film genres he’d grown up watching are more real than he could have ever imagined. When a sudden nuclear exchange obliterates the U.S., only the children who hid under their school desks are spared. These teens now find themselves the lone survivors in a strange and wild new '50’s America. »

« Scott and I had so much fun following the decades of American culture and history through American Vampire, I’m thrilled to revisit the '50’s in a whole new way, » Albuquerque said."