EDEN (Cullen Bunn / Dalibor Talajic)

Aperçu du nouveau one-shot horrifique de Cullen Bunn, prévu pour mai chez l’éditeur Aftershock :

Tattoo artist Niles lives his life in a kind of daze. Minute after minute, he muddles through the repetitive moments of his job, his life and his guilt. All that changes when Eden walks through the doors of the tattoo shop. She’s looking for something…different…and she finds it with Niles. But Eden is a woman surrounded by deep mysteries…not the least of which is how and why her new tattoos vanish after only a few days. As Niles learns more about Eden, he is driven to fathomless depths of both love and horror.

A prestige format “One-Shock” featuring top creative talent, EDEN is a harrowing horror/romance conceived and written by Cullen Bunn (PIECEMEAL, DARK ARK, KNIGHTS TEMPORAL, BROTHERS DRACUL), drawn by Dalibor Talajić (WITCH HAMMER, RELAY) and colored by Valentina Briški. Be prepared to accompany the notions of love, creation and heartbreak to terrifying places.

Listen to the latest episode of our weekly comics podcast!

EDEN

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Dalibor Talajić
Colorist: Valentina Briški
Letterer: Marshall Dillon
Cover: Dalibor Talajić
Incentive Cover: Tony Harris
$6.99 / 48 pages / Color / On Sale 5.5.21

CULLEN BUNN ON WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT AND WHY HE IS EXCITED FOR IT TO COME OUT:

“EDEN is the story of Niles, a tattoo artist who is stuck in something of a rut. His life is a cycle of work, drunkenness, and guilt—lather, rinse, repeat. All that changes for him, though, when a mysterious young woman named Eden walks through the doors of his tattoo shop. She’s looking for something… different… and she finds it with Niles. But Eden is a woman surrounded by deep enigmas… not the least of which is how and why her new tattoos vanish after only a few days. As Niles learns more about Eden, he is driven to fathomless depths of both love and horror.

This is absolutely a horror story, but it is also a love story. Love and horror—they go so well together. It’s also a simply gorgeous book, thanks to Dalibor Talajić, and

Valentina Briški.

This book is like nothing else you have ever seen from me.”

*CULLEN BUNN ON WHAT HIS INSPIRATION WAS BEHIND CREATING THE BOOK:*

“A few years ago, a good friend of mine took over management of a tattoo shop. Hanging out with him at the shop and talking about the business helped to plant the first bits of inspiration for the story. And, of course, because I’m me, my thoughts of the tale turned toward darkness. I knew I wanted to tell a story that was equally beautiful and dangerous and horrific. Sadly, my friend is no longer with us. He passed away several months ago. I would have liked for him to see this. He was a huge horror fan, and I think he would have loved it.”

CULLEN BUNN ON (3) REASONS WHY COMIC READERS SHOULD PICK THIS BOOK UP:

“This is a complete story, told in this volume. It is a love story and a horror story, and it will provide an experience unlike anything else you’re reading.

The artwork in this book is simply… astounding. I think it is some of Dalibor’s best work. When we first started working on the project together, we discussed the idea of making even the most horrifying parts of the story beautiful. And the results are breathtaking.

In a lot of ways, I see this story as an evolutionary step for me as a writer. It’s the kind of tale that changes things for me. Nothing I work on after this will ever be the same.”

CULLEN BUNN ON IF HE HAS ANY TATTOOS AND IF YES, WHAT ARE THEY? IF NO, DOES HE WANT ANY?

“I do not have any tattoos! When I was younger, I thought about it, but I never had the money to do it. My wife has a few amazing tattoos. A few years back, I (along with the owner of our local comic shop) but on a comic convention here in our town. We even had a tattoo shop on site doing tattoos for folks. I swore that if I broke even on the money I had invested in the convention, I’d start a massive tattoo project, getting a series of tattoos of images and icons connected to all my creator-owned work. Sadly, the convention didn’t do well money-wise! And that killed my enthusiasm for the idea!”

Nouvel aperçu :

EDEN03_kolor

EDEN04_kolor

Pas foufou le dessin.

Cullen bunn est officiellement le scénariste le plus prolifique ?

Il a ses phases de sortie de nouvelles séries, visiblement.
Je ne sais même pas si le Doc arrive à suivre, c’est dire.

C’est pas toujours facile à suivre, en effet. Là, on est sur 6 titres pour la première moitié de l’année (il y aussi un autre album et la relance de Shadowman pour Valiant), ce qui est son rythme habituel…

Sept titres par mois ? Bendis enterré !

ça, c’est quand il prend une semaine de vacances.

Sourire

On est plutôt sur un one-shot, un graphic novel, trois mini-séries et une série régulière…^^

J espère qu il est célibataire ou qu il est en fait flash.

Il écrit aussi des webcomics et il finance des projets directement par crowdfunding. Et j’avais oublié çà aussi :

Oui, il ne bosse plus pour les Big Two pour le moment mais il reste très prolifique…^^

C est fou !

Après, il est possible aussi qu’il mette plein de choses en mouvement, et que le temps que les planches arrivent, il y ait des effets de vague semblables. C’est arrivé à Morvan, qui a développé plein de projets, et qui a connu des accélérations à partir du moment où Sillage a été un succès : les portes s’ouvrent, les planches arrivent, le travail en coulisse paie, etc…

Jim

Ouais, alors ça fait quand même quelques années que c’est comme ça, pour Bunn.
Ce sont des choses qui sont en mouvement perpétuel, chez lui.

Oui, c’est possible. Tu rajoutes le fait qu’il a sans doute une grande puissance de travail et une solide capacité de concentration… Mais là aussi, ça semble être le cas de Morvan, donc pendant qu’ils travaillent, le hasard des calendriers fait qu’il y a des « vagues » de sorties. Tout ça cumulé, ça ne m’étonne pas tant que ça.

Jim

Je suis pas choqué, en france on a Morvan, Trondheim, Sfar, Bec, qui sortent énormément de trucs toute l’année.