FREEDOM FIGHTERS #1 (Robert Venditti / Eddy Barrows)

(Le Doc) #1

DC explorera à nouveau la Terre-X, ce monde parallèle où les Nazis ont gagné la Seconde Guerre Mondiale, dans une maxi-série en 12 épisodes dont la publication débutera en décembre.

Les Combattants de la Liberté se reformeront sous la houlette de Robert Venditti (Hawkman) et Eddy Barrows (Detective Comics).

Premier aperçu :

Source : www.cbr.com

(Oncle Hermes) #2

Là, c’est exactement le contraire de ce que je disais à l’instant sur le projet de série Martian Manhunter : autant le pitch ne m’attire pas plus que ça dans l’absolu, autant avec Venditti et Barrows dans l’équation ça devient un titre que je ne vais pas manquer de tester.

(Le Doc) #3

Robert Venditti: For me, it was interesting because I mired in this headspace and dealing with material because of the graphic novel Six Days I have coming out with Vertigo, which is about a battle my uncle was in at the D-Day invasion and, you know, just really kind of put me in the mindset of thinking about that more and the sacrifice and how much it meant to history. To have an opportunity to have Freedom Fighters and really kind of look at that same material from an opposite angle — you know, what if that sacrifice had gone a different way, what would be like?

So I’m doing a ton of world building, dealing with real history and also the timeline of the story story, bringing in the elements of superheroes. We get to see how 2018 America looks if the Germans won WWII, but also what the status of superheroes is in that kind of environment as well. It’s a lot of fun because you get to just kind of build everything from scratch and really get to throw a lot of concepts out there and it’s something that takes place in the wider DC multiverse but not being set on this Earth means it isn’t as constraint as other stories might be.

We’re really drawing from the Multiversity one shot, so that’s established some elements but we’re really working a lot from scratch. Eddy Barrows is really doing a fantastic job rendering this world and handling the designs.

(Le Doc) #4

Les designs de Eddy Barrows pour les PlaSStic Men :

Robert Venditti : “Plastic Man doesn’t exist on Earth-X because he was captured by the Nazis and they extracted his DNA, his ability to shape shift. And now they’ve used that science and applied it to an entire force of covert agents called the “PlaSStic Men”. So there’s a new SS, and they live among the American population. They can literally be anybody. They could the person who works in the store, someone in your life. They could be your next door neighbor and they’re always living in secret — they’re a force that everybody knows is out there, but not where they are. It keeps the American population living in abject terror all the time.

“In their default form, all the PlaSStic Men look exactly the same. Their appearances, their uniform — they all have the blue eyed, blonde hair, but you very rarely see them in that form, because they’re always under cover.”

(Hush2 0) #5

Vu le sérieux de Venditti sur Hawkman, je prendrais cette série.
Vu le talent d’Eddy Barrows, je prendrais cette série.

Curieux de lire ce scénariste sur un team book.