G.I JOE : A REAL AMERICAN HERO - SATURDAY MORNING ADVENTURES #1-4 (Burnham / Schoening)

IDW annonce la mini-série G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero - Saturday Morning Adventures, qui se déroulera, comme son titre l’indique, dans l’univers du dessin animé G.I. Joe des années 80.

Déjà à l’oeuvre sur les bandes dessinées Ghostbusters de l’éditeur, le scénariste Erik Burnham et le dessinateur Dan Schoening reforment leur duo pour ce titre qui sera publié à partir de février 2022.

« I loved how straight-up weird cartoons can be, » Burnham said. « The G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero cartoon allowed for gremlins, Egyptian gods, and of course, a ninja dressed in an 80’s New Wave outfit, wig and all. You never knew where the show might take you. Writing a story set in that universe, you can do anything, and I’m partnered with artists like Dan Schoening and Luis Antonio Delgado, who can draw anything. The idea we came to felt right at home within the world of the cartoon, and I can’t wait to share it with everyone. »

G.I. Joe is the codename for America’s daring, highly trained, special mission force. Its purpose: To defend human freedom against Cobra, a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world… well, you know the story! But now, Cobra might have found their most versatile weapon yet! Can even G.I. Joe stop the Aladdin Initiative?
Find out in this special Saturday morning send-up, based on the classic 1980s cartoon, and brought to you by the superstar creative team of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Luis Antonio Delgado (Ghostbusters, Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors)!

DEC210515
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening, Luis Antonio Delgado

In Shops: Feb 16, 2022

Written by: Erik Burnham.

Art by: Dan Schoening.

Covers by: Dan Schoening, Tim Lattien, Fero Penich.

Description: Cobra strikes! Paris, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. are attacked by MegaB.A.T.s, and G.I. Joe is there to fight them! But will the Joe team be enough to stop the extra-large androids from wreaking havoc in these three capital cities? And is there more to the fiendish Cobra Commander’s plans than simple destruction? Find out in « Three Heads of the Serpent, » the second chapter in this extension of the classic animated adventures of G.I. Joe!

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: March 30.

Covers by: Dan Schoening, Tim Lattien, Fero Penich.

Description: G.I. Joe has tracked down Cobra’s new island base – and is making plans to invade! The Joes are determined to rescue Duke and regain everything that Cobra stole during their recent attacks in France, Japan, and the United States. Meanwhile, Cobra Commander’s temper leads to a misuse of his new source of power, one that might just expedite a showdown between his ruthless organization and America’s elite special mission force! Join us for the penultimate chapter of this four-part storyline, « A Little Island Getaway! »

In stores: May 4.

Covers by: Dan Schoening.

Description: Explosive final episode… er, issue! After meddling with forces beyond his control, Cobra Commander’s wishes blow up in his face-and the Aladdin Initiative ends in a way he could never have predicted! And now every G.I. Joe and all enemy Cobra forces face off on Cobra Island in a battle that could determine the final outcome of their ongoing war, and the fate of the world!

In stores: June 15.