GEORGE PÉREZ

mag et lib. C’est Avengers The Final de bendis ça a 20 ans.

18 ans à la fin de l’année. Il y a 20 ans c’était plutôt l’arc « The Kang Dynasty » de Busiek (avec un jeunot nommé Rick Remender à l’encrage).

Entre Disassembled et New Avengers.

Bon vais fouiner.

C’est ça ?

Yep (avec plein d’autres dessinateurs invités pour l’occasion).

Comicsvf n’est donc pas à jour.

Ah bon ? C’est surprenant.

Ils mettent que ça pour la VF :

Marvel Comics : La Collection de référence n° 9 (06/14)

parce que le lien est cassé, mais si tu vas sur le mavel icons #4, tu verras qu’il y ait.

Ah ouais, tiens ! Assez rare chez eux !

Pas une nouvelle.

Jim

DC publiera dans tous ses numéros de juin une double page en hommage à George Pérez.
On retrouve sur cette page des personnages sur lesquels il a travaillé ainsi que Pérez lui-même, tout ce petit monde étant dessiné par différents artistes.

Tom Brevoort (responsable éditorial des Vengeurs depuis pratiquement 25 ans, à partir du Avengers #1 de Busiek & Pérez) à propos de cet hommage (une initiative de sa part) :

" This caused a little bit of chatter over the week, so let’s talk about it a little bit. In AVENGERS #55 , which came out this past Wednesday, we (and by we, I mean I) ran the page below as a tribute to storied AVENGERS artist George Perez . As most of you probably know, George was diagnosed some time ago with inoperable and terminal pancreatic cancer. Since they, he and his family have been working to make the most out of the time George has remaining to him, and we’ve seen all sorts of people turning up to express what his work over the years has meant to them. In fact, DC Comics just unveiled a terrific jam piece that depicts George among many of the characters from that company whom he either helped to invent or refurbish. It’s a pretty great piece.

In terms of the page below, while some have characterized it as “Marvel’s statement”, it’s really not that at all. While folks at Marvel were made aware of it, the creation and execution of this salute was all me and my guys—the editorial team working on AVENGERS . I wanted to get something into print while George could still see it and appreciate it (and I’m told he was touched by it by the people I know showed it to him prior to publication.) It was built from a page of AVENGERS FINALE from 2004, originally scripted by Brian Michael Bendis , one of six pages in that issue that George did as a favor to me, and which made up his last time drawing the Avengers for publication. It struck me that, without the copy, this page could represent Earth’s Mightiest Heroes raising a glass to one of their own—at Marvel, George’s home, his strongest association, was always with the Avengers, going back to the 1970s. I can’t think of many others with such a similar strong connection to the title—Roy Thomas, perhaps, or Steve Englehart. And it felt right to me, on some level: only George Perez could properly memorialize George Perez and wordlessly convey what he brought to all of the stories that he worked on.

I know that it confused some, who thought that George might have passed. (He didn’t—at last word, the prognosis for how much time he has remaining to him had to be positively revised, which is wonderful news.) And I know that some found it morbid, or too sad and downbeat, or even thought that it was a mistake, printed too early. And I’m sorry for all of those feelings. But I’d do it again. I’m not just a fan of George’s, but also an editorial collaborator for a long time, and a friend. So there’s really only one person whose opinion I care about in this matter. But by all means, if you’ve got a different idea for a fitting tribute, bring ‘em on, I’m sure that George would love to see them."

La nouvelle tant redoutée :

Triste, très triste…
:cry:

On a beau s’y attendre, ça fait un choc !
:sob:

Tori.

David Mack

2 « J'aime »

:cry::cry: