GIANT-SIZE X-MEN : TRIBUTE TO WEIN & COCKRUM (collectif)

En mai, Marvel fêtera le 45ème anniversaire de la sortie de Giant-Size X-Men #1 de Len Wein et Dave Cockrum avec un album hommage. Chaque page du légendaire numéro sera recréée par un dessinateur différent. Et la liste est la suivante : Alex Ross, Kevin Nowlan, Chris Samnee, Marcus To, Siya Oum, Stephen Segovia, Marguerite Sauvage, Carmen Carnero, Bernard Chang, Aaron Kuder, Takeshi Miyazawa, Juann Cabal, Gurihiru, Mark Brooks, Kris Anka, Phil Noto, Valerio Schiti, Leinil Francis Yu, Matteo Lolli, Ema Lupacchino, Carlos Gomez, Iban Coello, R.B. Silva, Ramon Rosanas, Joshua Cassara, David Baldeon, Marcelo Ferreira, Javier Garron, Rod Reis, Javier Rodriguez, Marco Checchetto, Jen Bartel, Mike Del Mundo, Rahzzah, Pepe Larraz et Mike Hawthorne.

La couverture par Adi Granov :

Marvel Comics has announced a May 27 release for Giant-Size X-Men: Tribute to Wein & Cockrum #1.

In 1975, writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum changed the comics landscape with Giant-Size X-Men #1. The issue marked a new genesis for the team, introduced iconic Marvel characters like Storm and Nightcrawler, and set the X-Men on the path to becoming a cultural powerhouse.

Now, 45 years later, Marvel Comics is honoring the issue with the help of 37 of the industry’s top artists. Each page of the issue will be re-envisioned from the orignal art.

« The artists were so excited to work on it because the art in this book inspired them all, » said editor Jordan D. White. « Everybody involved loves this comic book and is doing amazing work. You’ve gotta check it out. »

« As a kid the X-Men was my very first comic and Len Wein and Dave Cockrum were instrumental in influencing me to become a comic book illustrator, » said artist Mark Brooks. « Being able to contribute to the recreation of a book that means so much to me is an honor and a privilege. This assignment along with the accompanying pressure to do Len and Dave justice is one I’m thrilled to take on as a thank you for showing a nerdy kid that it’s okay to be different and pave your own path. »

« The presence Wein and Cockrum have on comics is too immense to weigh, » said artist Mike Hawthorne. « I can honestly say their X-Men were my first love and it’s a privilege to pay homage to these two giants and their contribution to our culture. I drew my page with my heart in hand, sirs. I hope it’s enough. Thank you. »

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

1 « J'aime »

GIANT SIZE X-MEN TRIBUTE #1

Written by: Len Wein.

Art by: Alex Ross, Kevin Nowlan, Chris Samnee, Marcus To, Siya Oum, Stephen Segovia, Marguerite Sauvage, Carmen Nunez Carnero, Bernard Chang, Aaron Kuder, Takeshi Miyagawa, Juan Cabal, Gurihiru, Mark Brooks, Kris Anka, Phil Noto, Valerio Schiti, Leinil Francis Yu, Matteo Lolli, Emanuela Lupacchino, Carlos E. Gomez, R. B. Silva, Ramon Rosanas, Joshua Cassara, David Baldeon, Marcelo Ferreira, Javi Garron, Rod Reis, Javier Rodriguez, Marco Checchetto, Jen Bartel, Michael Del Mundo, Rahzzah, Pepe Larraz, Mike Hawthorne.

Covers by: Adi Granov, Dave Cockrum, Tradd Moore.

Description: Forty-five years ago, a comic book came out that would change the face of Marvel Comics forever. Writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum revamped the X-Men completely, replacing the bulk of the teen heroes with a completely new international cast! The legendary one-shot took comic fans by storm and set the series off in a new direction, setting the stage for the legendary X-scribe Chris Claremont to make them the most popular heroes in the Marvel Universe! Now, 37 of Marvel’s top artists come together to re-create this epic story, each re-drawing one pulse-pounding page in tribute to this Marvel masterpiece!

Pages: 40.

Price: $5.99.

In stores: Sept. 30.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

Très étrange, comme projet, quand même. Très gadget, assez inutile, et presque frustrant (parce que là, par exemple, une révision entièrement par Nowlan, ça laisserait rêveur, alors qu’une seule page…)

Jim

Oui, je me demandais hier soir à quoi ça servait, en fait !