HELM GREYCASTLE #1-4 (Henry Barajas / Rahmat M. Handoko)

hc1C

Critically acclaimed writer Henry Barajas (La Voz de M.A.Y.O.: Tata Rambo) teams up with artist Rahmat M. Handoko (Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix, Ultimate Spider-Man: Infinite Comic) and colorist Bryan Valenza (Witchblade) for the all new Latinx fantasy series Helm Greycastle. This four-issue miniseries will launch from Image/Top Cow Productions this April.

Helm Greycastle will also feature alternative covers by such talent as David Lapham (Stray Bullets), Tony Parker (God of War), and Becky Cloonan (Immortal Wonder Woman), along with a bonus Latinx one-shot RPG (5E compatible) written by Tristan J. Tarwater (Rolled & Told) and showcasing art by Jen Vaughn (d20 Dames).

« What if the Aztec Empire defeated the Spanish Conquistadors? As a Mexican-American who has had no formal education on my indigenous background, writing this book has been very empowering, » said Barajas. « I’m excited to share some Mesoamerican history while mixing it with swords and sorcery. »

In Helm Greycastle, the last dragon prince has been abducted—kept prisoner by an unknown threat: AZTEC MEXICA! Helm Greycastle and his outsider comrades are here to save the prince—but are recruited by a resistance plotting to overthrow Montezuma. Will Greycastle help save the people of MEXICA…or rescue the dragon prince and flee?

« Working on Helm has been very challenging for me because this time I am not only a colorist but also a co-creator, » said Valenza. « One of my biggest achievements in 2020 is being able to be involved in this project. »

Handoko added: « I’m having a blast working on Helm Greycastle and bringing Aztec gods to life. »

Helm Greycastle #1 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, April 28

hc14

hc15

helm1a

HELM GREYCASTLE #1

Written by: Henry Barajas.

Art by: Rahmat Handoko, Bryan Valenza.

Cover by: Rahmat Handoko, Bryan Valenza, David Lapham, Tony Parker, Becky Cloonan.

Description: New Latinx fantasy by Henry Barajas, author of La Voz De M.A.Y.O.: Tata Rambo! The last dragon prince has been abducted-kept prisoner by an unknown threat: Aztec Mexica! Helm Greycastle and his outsider comrades are here to save the prince-but are recruited by a resistance plotting to overthrow Montezuma. Will Greycastle help save the people of Mexica…or rescue the dragon prince and flee?

Pages: 40.

Price: $4.99.

In stores: April 28.

helm13

helm14

helm2a

HELM GREYCASTLE #2

Written by: Henry Barajas.

Cover by: Dale Deforest, Stjepan Sejic.

Description: Helm and the gang are tasked with locating Mexica’s greatest warrior: Camazotz! But will Camazotz join their crusade to overthrow Montezuma III?!

In stores: May 26.

helm21

helm22

helm3a

HELM GREYCASTLE #3

Written by: Henry Barajas, Claire Napier.

Cover by: Chloe M. Giroux, Stjepan Sejic.

Description: Montezuma III and the Mexica Gods have assembled their army. Will Helm and Camazotz be enough to stop the war - and rescue the last dragon prince before it’s too late?

In stores: July 14.

helm31

helm32

helm4a

HELM GREYCASTLE #4

Written by: Henry Barajas, Claire Napier.

Cover by: Bjorn Barends, Rahmat Handoko, Bryan Valenza.

Description: Can Mexica weather the ice storm? Is this the end for Helm Greycastle? Bonus: Last one-shot (5E Compatible) RPG written by Matt Hawkins for new or experienced players!

In stores: September 8.

helm41

helm42