INKBLOT #1-15 (Emma Kubert, Rusty Gladd)

Image annonce la sortie de Inkblot, la première série co-créée par Emma Kubert, la fille d’Andy, en collaboration avec son scénariste Rusty Gladd.
Monde magique, puissante sorcière et chat capable de voyager à travers le temps, l’espace et la réalité sont au programme de ce titre dont la publication débutera en septembre.

PORTLAND, Ore. 06/08/2020 — Third-generation comic artist Emma Kubert partners with up-and-coming writer Rusty Gladd to deliver the epic high-fantasy adventure, Inkblot. The new ongoing series will launch from Image Comics this September.

Kubert is known most recently for contributions as a penciler, inker, and colorist for DC Entertainment’s DC Super Hero Girls and Teen Titans Go! She also drew layouts for The New York Times bestselling young adult graphic novel Raven by Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo.

Inkblot follows a powerful sorceress attempting to correct her greatest mistake—the creation of a magical cat that can travel through time, space, and reality. The cat threatens to unravel the fabric of the universe, doesn’t care, and just won’t listen!

« I’ve been working on Inkblot since I was a student at the Kubert school (about four years in the making). Growing up, I always thought comics were all about masculine super men, which wasn’t quite relatable, so I turned to the world of fantasy, like Harry Potter, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” said Kubert. “I loved the fantasy genre so much that I knew one day, I’d have to forge a world of my own. The creation of Inkblot was an extremely collaborative effort between Rusty and I. We both work in the same studio, talking about plots, checking each other’s work, and making sure everything fits seamlessly together. We each use our strengths to create our magically fun comic and epic fantasy world! »

Gladd added: “Expect the fabric of the universe to be held in judgement by a cat—a cat which can conjure any reality and travel through time, but is nevertheless a cat. Emma and I work as a team to put each stitch into the tapestry of Inkblot. Readers can expect the cat to behave erratically, to accomplish the absurd, and to be just as vindictive as it is cute and cuddly. It will lead others on adventures, save those in peril, and play with its food.”

Inkblot #1 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, September 2.

Inkblot #1 will also be available for purchase across many digital platforms, including Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, comiXology, and Google Play.

Source : www.cbr.com

À surveiller…

Tori.

Trois générations.
Purée, ça donne un coup de vieux : je me rappelle avoir vu arriver son père (et son oncle) sur le marché.

Jim

inkblot3c

IMAGE COMICS FIRST LOOKS – INKBLOT #3

Written, art and cover by: Emma Kubert, Rusty Gladd.

Description: The cat befriends a sea monster, and the two venture into the realm of the Depths. Sorcerers have become seafolk, living peacefully in floating kingdoms upon the endless ocean. The peace ends with the arrival of an unlucky cat.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Nov. 4.

inkblot31

inkblot32

C’est pas mal graphiquement.

Hmmm ne serait-ce pas un must-buy ?

PS : Hey @soyouz Je suis tombé sur ce gif hier :

Bah ouais … Ça fait longtemps qu’il existe. Mais on peut mettre de gif animé en avatar sur ce forum.

INKBLOT #4

Description: In the time of ancient Egypt, Sorcerers roamed the sands in search of the End of the Earth. Lost, they turn to an ancient monster to be their guide.

In stores: Dec. 2.

inkblot41

inkblot42

INKBLOT #5

Description: The mysterious cat wanders further backward in time into an ancient jungle. Ten young sorcerers make camp, but the youngest of the group wanders off in search of a cute little cat.

In stores: Jan. 6.

inkblot6c

INKBLOT #6

Description: Desperate to capture, contain, and study the cat, the Seeker builds a magical prison to begin her experiments. The cat unravels the fabric of reality anyway.

In stores: Feb. 3.

inkblot61

inkblot62

inkblot63

inkblot7c

INKBLOT #7

Description: New story arc! Oblivious to the profound grief it has caused the Seeker, the cat travels to Earth where it befriends a young sorceress named Eliza Proctor. Eliza throws a party with her friends to celebrate the beginning of summer, but it’s ruined by a monster tearing through the void.

In stores: April 6.

inkblot71

inkblot72

inkblot8b

INKBLOT #8

Description: The Seeker visits her sisters in the mountainlands in hopes of soothing hot tempers before they flare. Unfortunately, the cat tags along in a particularly playful mood.

In stores: May 5.

inkblot81

inkblot82

inkblot9c

INKBLOT #9

Description: Two Mountainfolk take advantage of the chaos wrought by the Sisters’ War to execute a heist. The mischievous little black cat crosses their path and foils their plan for a clean getaway.

In stores: June 2.

inkblot92

inkblot10c

INKBLOT #10

Description: The cat returns to the Cobblewood and leads Princess Arabella into the Haunted Cave. Lost in the tangled tunnels, new friends – and new discoveries – are made.

In stores: July 7.

inkblot101

inkblot102

INKBLOT #12

Description: End of story arc. The Seeker attempts to feed the cat, determined to get it to like her. It denies her efforts and leads her again to the mountainlands, where further peril befalls them both.

In stores: September 1.

Quelqu’un sait si cela va paraître en France ?
Moi je vois Kubert, j’achète et s’il y a un chat mignon, ma fille va le lire.

En tout cas, chez les Kubert, les chiens ne font pas des chats…

Pas vu passer d’info sur une V.F. pour le moment…

Merci Doc ! Dommage.

inkblot13c

INKBLOT #13

Description: After so much wasted time struggling to contain the cat, the Seeker decides to create a magical bell collar that she can use to track it across the realms. The cat, however, slips away to play with Eliza on Mother Earth.

In stores: November 3.

inkblot131

inkblot132

inkblot-15_c

Published: January 12, 2022
Diamond ID: NOV210218
Age Rating: T
Buy

Cover price: $3.99
The cat returns to the library only to be ambushed by the Seeker. She fastens a bell collar on the cat, reveling in her victory. The cat flees through every realm, meeting familiar characters and seeking their help in removing the collar.
Writers
Emma Kubert
Rusty Gladd
Artists
Emma Kubert
Rusty Gladd
Cover A
Emma Kubert
Rusty Gladd

inkblot-15_1

inkblot-15_2

inkblot-15_3