JOY OPERATIONS #1-5 (Brian Michael Bendis / Stephen Byrne)

Brian Michael Bendis a dévoilé la nouvelle maison de son Jinxworld, bannière qui regroupe ses créations personnelles : Dark Horse Comics.

Le scénariste lancera en novembre la série Joy Operations, avec Stephen Byrne aux dessins,

Created with Wonder Twins artist Stephen Byrne, Joy Operations takes place 55 years in the future. It centers on Joy, who is EN.VOI — special agent of one of the Jonado Trust. In this world, trusts are corporate-owned cities for whom she rights its wrongs. She is a legendary figure in some parts due to her job, until one day she hears a voice in her head urging her to betray here everything she has ever believed.

et prépare également de nouvelles histoires pour des séries comme Cover, Pearl et Murder Inc.. Dark Horse sortira aussi des nouvelles éditions des séries Jinxworld, dont Powers, Torso et Jinx.

Brian Bendis :

“I am so proud to call Dark Horse Comics home! From Dark Horse Presents all the way up to Black Hammer , Dark Horse has been at the forefront of the kind of creator-owned comics I personally adore and aspire to. This partnership has been brewing for a very long time,” Bendis said in a statement. “Mike Richardson, Daniel Chabon, and everyone else at Dark Horse has welcomed us with open arms and it’s very exciting to start rolling out our brand-new epics like Joy Operations and reintroduce you to some of our classic Jinxworld titles like Powers , Torso , and Jinx . Any of my friends will tell you I wished those books were published by Dark Horse back when we first made them. To the future!”

Snyder, Bendis…Dark Horse mise sur des noms connus après avoir perdu pas mal de franchises…

Tant mieux.

Jim

il ne lui manque plus que Boom et il aura fait le tour des éditeurs.

Plus que classiques comme prémisses.

Bah tiens. Je posais la question la semaine dernière.

J’y pense : ça peut changer d’éditeur français dans ce cas ?

Les titres Jinxworld ne sont pas/plus édités en France si ?

Les titres Bendis sont édités par Panini de tête. Après, est-ce que ceux-ci font partie du Jinxworld, j’en sais rien.

Je verrais bien Delcourt reprendre tout ça…

Est-ce que les gros « transferts » auxquels on assiste (Snyder, Bendis…) seront l’occasion d’une nouvelle bataille des licences entre éditeurs français, comme on a vu ça il y a quelques années ?

Jim

Y’a t il encore des éditeurs français pour vraiment faire une guerre des licences comme avant ?

Je pense qu’ils se sont calmés, mais jusqu’à quand ?

Jim

Jusqu’au prochain WD like en termes de succès je suppose, donc c’est pas pour tout de suite

Les couvertures du #1 par Stephen Byrne et David Mack :

joy1a

joy1b

joyopcov

JOY OPERATIONS #1

• BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STEPHEN BYRNE (A/C)
  • Variant Cover by DAVID MACK
  • Things From Another World EXCLUSIVE Variant Cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
  • 32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
  • ON SALE 11/24/21
  • BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, the New York Times bestselling, Peabody and multi-Eisner award winning co-creator of Miles Morales, Naomi, Jessica Jones, and Powers , teams up with scorching hot comics sensation STEPHEN BYRNE ( Wonder Twins , Legion of Superheroes ) for their very first creator-owned blockbuster series.
  • Fifty-five years from now. Joy is an EN·VOI. A special agent of one of the JONANDO TRUST. Trusts are corporate-owned cities that are the centerpiece of modern society. She rights wrongs for the trust. She is excellent. Perfection. Hard on herself. Driven. Almost legendary in some parts. Until one day a voice pops in her head trying to get her to betray everything she has ever believed.
  • This meticulously-designed Akira meets All of Me journey shows us a new future like only comics can. All this and also an exclusive look behind-the-scenes and a look forward to other Jinxworld projects coming exclusively to Dark Horse.

JOYOP-i1-PG-02-03

JOYOP-i1-PG-04-05

Je n’ai pas l’impression d’avoir vu du Jinxworld chez Urban en tout cas.

Tu oublies Delcourt avant Panini.

Et même Semic pour Torso et Goldfish !