KING CONAN #1-6 (Jason Aaron / Mahmud Asrar)

Après avoir travaillé sur les douze premiers numéros de Conan the Barbarian, le scénariste Jason Aaron et le dessinateur Mahmud Asrar poursuivent leur collaboration sur l’univers de la création de Robert E. Howard en prenant les commandes d’une série King Conan.

La date de publication n’a pas encore été révélée.

La couverture du #1 par Mahmud Asrar :

EQ_RE1wWoAALIj1

New York, NY— September 8, 2021 — Writer Jason Aaron, artist Mahmud Asrar, and color artist Matt Wilson will return to the saga of Conan the Barbarian this December in KING CONAN! The superstar creative team relaunched the tales of the Robert E. Howard hero in 2019 to critical acclaim and are back in this long awaited limited series that will take the story of Conan further than has ever been revealed in ANY media to date!

As Robert E. Howard posited, when King Conan grows restless on the throne, he sails west, toward land and adventure unknown. Now see the first step of King Conan’s fateful journey from Aquilonia, as an old and terrible danger threatens to end the saga of the Cimmerian once and for all!

“I knew as soon as Mahmud, Matt and I finished “The Life and Death of Conan” in CONAN THE BARBARIAN, one of the absolute personal highlights from my career as a comic book writer, that I wasn’t done hanging out with everyone’s favorite Cimmerian,” Aaron said. “As King Conan rode into the sunset at the end of that story, with his son, Prince Conn, by his side, I always knew where I wanted that story to take us next. Now at last comes that next chapter, as Mahmud, Matt and I reunite to reveal a pivotal moment in Conan’s life as a king, as a father, as a mortal enemy of snake-worshipping Stygian wizards and as a barbarian who was born to chase the wind, even to the ends of the earth.”

“By Crom, we’re finally bringing the barbarian-turned-king to the readers,” Asrar said. “It’s criminal how much I’m enjoying drawing each panel in this book considering what we’re putting him through.”

Don’t dare miss the first issue of the adventure of a lifetime when KING CONAN #1 arrives on December 15th! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

KING CONAN #1 (OF 6)

Written by JASON AARON

Art and Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR

Colors by MATT WILSON

On Sale 12/15

Aperçu :

kingconan2021001002_col

kingconan2021001003_col

kingconan2021001004_col

Je suis vraiment fan des couleurs de Wilson !

1 « J'aime »

William Stout :

tumblr_67143f78eced8b545c4fc19c14c1b9a7_0fb08d94_1280

1 « J'aime »

Tandis que De La Torre reste en mode « Buscema » :

Et visiblement, il fait ça bien.

Jim

La couverture variante du #1 par Stan Sakai :

KING-CONAN-1-OF-6-SAKAI-VAR

1 « J'aime »

King Conan #1 (of 6)

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Mahmud A. Asrar
PARENTAL ADVISORY
In Shops: Dec 22, 2021
SRP: $4.99

CONAN’S LAST STAND AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD!
Jason Aaron and Mahmud Asrar return to the saga of CONAN in an all-new adventure that takes the story of the Cimmerian further than has ever been revealed in ANY media to date! As Robert E. Howard posited, when King Conan grows restless on the throne, he sails west, toward land and adventure unknown. Now see the first step of King Conan’s fateful journey from Aquilonia, as an old and terrible danger threatens to end the saga of the Cimmerian once and for all!
Don’t dare miss the first issue of the adventure of a lifetime!

THE BARBARIAN KING OF AQUILONIA VS. THE UNKNOWN! CONAN must make an unholy alliance if he is to continue his journey on the Western Sea! But as the fallen warriors of this mysterious isle rise to fight once more, will Conan succumb to the lure of CURSED SORCERY after all this time? And what of his son, PRINCE CONN, and the Kingdom of Aquilonia left behind?

Written by
Jason Aaron
Art by
Mahmud A. Asrar, Matt Wilson
Cover by
Mahmud A. Asrar
Genres
Action/Adventure
Fantasy
About Book
Page Count
23 Pages
Print Release Date
January 12 2022

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Mahmud Asrar, Matt Wilson (CA) Jay Anacleto
A BEASTLY COURT!
• The mysterious PRINCESS of the cursed island reveals her secret to CONAN…one powerful enough to rock the foundations of the king’s journey!
• But will her temptation save the king…or lead to ruin? It won’t matter if Conan can’t survive the assault of the island’s violent beasts!
• And, as one plan fails, what does THOTH-AMON’S newest scheme bring?
Parental Advisory
In Shops: Feb 16, 2022
SRP: $3.99

Les pleureuses sont de retour.

Jim

Je n’arrive même pas à comprendre ce qui les gêne/choque dans l’utilisation de ce nom.

Ce n’est pas le vrai personnage historique, on s’inspire seulement de son histoire et, a priori, on ne présente même pas spécialement le personnage sous un jour mauvais…

Tori.

Voilà : Aaron, d’après ce que je comprends, se sert du personnage comme un vecteur afin de bien faire comprendre que le véritable personnage historique a été une victime.
Un personnage métaphore, ou parabole, genre roman à clés.
Mais non, ça, ils peuvent pas comprendre.
On va attendre qu’ils rebranchent leur cerveau.

Jim

T’es pas pressé, alors !

Jamais.

Trop peur d’être déçu.

Jim

Le pire est que c’est Jason Aaron qui doit faire des excuses publics :thinking:

Aaron il n’est pas amérindien donc il n’a pas le droit de parler des amérindiens.
Merci le wokisme !

Ce sont quoi les ventes de Conan aux USA ? 20k singles ? Wouhou…

Alors qu’il a quand même bien démontré, avec Scalped, qu’il sait faire parler les Indiens.
La preuve, il a démontré qu’ils sont aussi butés, cons et violents que les Blancs. Totale égalité.

Sérieux, quel monde de merde.

Jim