LES COUVERTURES NON PUBLIÉES

Unused X-Statix « Lady Di » cover

Good-DI-cover-

I assume Mike Allred did this as a joke after Marvel rejected his Lady Di covers.

XSTATXElvis

Unused X-Statix #14 cover

XSTATX014covDI

Unused X-Statix #15 cover

XSTATX015CoverDi

Oui, je me souviens de cette histoire avec Lady Di.

Gammill :

« Here’s what I originally wanted to do for the cover of Action Comics #659. Inspired by the classic Gene Colan cover for Iron Man #1. I don’t remember why it was rejected. I still think it would have been cool. »

10341447_10152849576074778_2740608319906420665_n

tumblr_ncbssf75zi1sat64io1_500

1 « J'aime »

Superbe !

Jim

1975 - Unpublished cover to Incredible Hulk #193 by Herb Trimpe

tumblr_nmtvfsYmKX1shdts2o1_640

1982 - Rejected cover art for Spectacular Spider-Man #65 by Bob Layton

Along with the published cover.

tumblr_ncioxryqKj1shdts2o1_640

Couverture non publiée de the Uncanny - Men #264 par Mike Collins & Joe Rubinstein

FB_IMG_1636805689343

J’ai une préférence pour la Lee.

J’ai du mal à le reconnaître sur cette couverture, de prime abord j’aurais dit portacio pour les visages ( à part forge )

C’est pas faux. Mais y a la signature en bas … me serais-je tromper de Jim … Monsieur Lainé, venez ici, s’il vous plaît !

C’est bien du Jim Lee qui s’encre lui-même . La filiation avec Portacio me paraît juste parce que je ne serai pas étonné qu’ils aient partagé un même studio. Je crois d’ailleurs que Portacio a commencé comme encreur (sur de la Division Alpha peut être) , et il a encré Jim Lee sur l’épisode 267, avec Gambit.

Ses visages sont pourtant assez caractéristiques de qu’il faisait au début du titre. Style qu’il a progressivement « perdu » après la période de rodage qui va jusqu’à l’épisode où Malicia est en Terre Sauvage.

C’est prévu dans mes relecture, je me refais l’intégrale de la série, même si ça va pas être pour tout de suite car j’en suis qu’en 65 pour l’instant. Pas facile d’avancer avec toutes ses sorties de fin d’année.
Édit pour le 267 sur mycomicshop scott williams est crédité aussi en plus de Lee et portacio

Une quinzaine de numéros (dont deux dessinés par Jim Lee) mais auparavant chez Marvel, il encre quelques épisodes des X-Men et c’est l’encreur de la mini-série Longshot de Ann Nocenti et Arthur Adams

Mais oui ! Il a encré Adams sur Longshot!! Comment ai-je pu oublier ?!

Tom Brevoort : « This would have been the cover to Avengers #2, but the EIC didn’t like it. After the Comics Code approved it, he told me to send it to them again. Frustrated, I asked him, “If they approve it again, will we run it?” He admitted we wouldn’t, so it was spiked. »

FGC0x7ZWYAM7EkU

Mémorable cette scène

Oui, elle marquait le retour de Wonder Man.

Oui,mais c’est moche,les pieds.

Jeff Purves unused cover art
John Byrne final cover art

FHIbOXWWYAgAHKZ

97049e96-a55f-4eaf-9552-909aa14a8370

Ultimates03v1

Frank Cho : « Ultimates #3 cover that you’ll never see. This was done with a Brandy float art ball point pen. This is just the first prelim version. The final version has the Scarlet Witch cape covering all the naughty bits. Brandon Peterson helped me Photoshop the cape over her giant butt. I can’t show the final version since the book hasn’t been released. Steve Morger is my art agent. Bother him. »

Ultimates03v3

« Here’s the final cover image that I turned in for Ultimates #3. I drew the swirling cape on a separate sheet of paper, and combined it with the Scarlet Witch-Wolverine art in Photoshop. (Thanks to Brandon Peterson for all his tech help.) Anyway, I just found out that this final cover image is rejected and will not see print. It was deemed too risque. Story of my life. (The cape was inked with Micron pens and the Scarlet Witch-Wolverine was done with a ball-point pen.) »

ULTMTSV3003variantBW_COL3

« Here’s the replacement cover that I did for the Ultimates 3, #3. (Beautifully colored by Jason Keith.) I decided to go with a solo image of Scarlet Witch, minus the groping Wolverine. However, The original cover with Scarlet Witch and Wolverine might still see print if I get my butt in gear and make the few changes. I’m on the fence. I would like to see it in print but I just don’t have the time… »

1 « J'aime »