LOVE EVERLASTING #1-14 (Tom King / Elsa Charretier)

Love Everlasting 1a

From superstar, award-winning creators Tom King (Batman, The Vision, Mister Miracle) and Elsa Charretier (November, The Infinite Loop), cast popular Romance genre tropes in an unsettling Horror light in their new series Love Everlasting. This ongoing series will launch in August from Image Comics.

« Love Everlasting is my dream project. It is a chance to create another Vision or Mister Miracle, to explore the themes of conformity and rebellion through the tale of one woman’s journey through the fantastic and horrifying world of Romance,” said King in an exclusive scoop on the announcement at ComicBook.com. “After a decade in comics, this is my first creator-owned and the most ambitious project I’ve ever worked on. Elsa and I are trying to create another Sandman, an epic exploration of the entire history of storytelling, of how myths and tales of love haunt us, enthrall us, imprison us, and perhaps, occasionally, free us. »

In Love Everlasting, Joan Peterson discovers that she is trapped in an endless, terrifying cycle of “romance”—a problem to be solved, a man to marry—and every time she falls in love she’s torn from her world and thrust into another teary saga. Her bloody journey to freedom and revelation starts in this breathtaking, groundbreaking first issue.

Charretier added: “Never before in my career have I had the opportunity to dig so deeply into all aspects of storytelling. Love Everlasting pushes me to explore world-building, to extrapolate designs from all eras and places and adapt them to comics, to come up with gestures and compositions that delight readers and terrify them all the same. We’re really firing on all cylinders here.”

The series will feature a number of eye-popping variant covers showcasing the talents of such artists as: Cliff Chiang, Alison Sampson, Sean Phillips, Amanda Conner, Terry Dodson, Tula Lotay, Stjepan Šejić, Jenny Frison, Clay Mann, Leslie Hung, Matias Bergara, Mitch Gerads, and more!

Love Everlasting #1 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, August 10:

Cover A by Charretier - Diamond Code JUN220024
Cover B by Clay Mann - Diamond Code JUN220025
Cover C by Charretier - Diamond Code JUN220026
Cover D by Tula Lotay - Diamond Code JUN220027
Cover E by Jenny Frison - Diamond Code JUN220028
Cover F (1:10 copy incentive) by Leslie Hung - Diamond Code JUN220029
Cover G (1:25 copy incentive) by Matias Bergara - Diamond Code JUN220030
Cover H (1:50 copy incentive) by Mitch Gerads - Diamond Code JUN220031
Cover I (1:100 copy incentive) by Mann - Diamond Code JUN220032

Love Everlasting 11

Love Everlasting 12

Love Everlasting 13

1 « J'aime »

Ouh là, Tom King qui décide de se la jouer « à la manière de », d’un coup, ça me fait dresser l’oreille.

Jim

Pourquoi, c’est pas comme d’habitude ?

Ah non, les petits récitatifs, la voix off à la première personne, la composition des cases, même (et surtout) la mise en scène de la page d’intro, c’est clairement un hommage formel aux romance comics des années 1950. Et là, si le talent de King s’allie à une volonté de pastiche, si le zigue s’extirpe du gaufrier moorien, surtout pour aller s’amuser dans un genre ultra-codifié, ça m’intéresse à nouveau.

Jim

Donc, tu confirmes qui se la joue déjà "à la manière de "

Oui, ça peut être rigolo. On va voir si Blackie sera toujours intéressé, d’un coup.

C’est tellement consubstantiel d’une partie de son travail mainstream que ça en devient « sa » manière, à mes yeux. S’il change de source d’inspiration, ça me plaît. Car il sait faire, le bougre.

Jim

oh que le beau projet que voilà !

loveeverlasting1a

LOVE EVERLASTING #1

Written by: Tom King.

Art by: Elsa Charretier.

Covers by: Elsa Charretier, Clay Mann, Tula Lotay, Jenny Frison.

Description: From creators Tom King and Elsa Charretier comes a new ongoing series set in a world as frighteningly fantastical as any found beyond the stars: Romance Comics! Joan Peterson discovers that she is trapped in an endless cycle-a problem to be solved, a man to marry-and every time she falls in love, she disappears into another teary saga. Her bloody journey to freedom starts in this first issue.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: August 10.

loveeverlasting11

loveeverlasting12

J’y pense. Un genre auquel ne s’est pas encore frotté Millar, me semble-t’il.

Ben si …Trouble. ^^

Je pensais en création pour lui, mais tu as raison, j’avais oublié Trouble.

Tu as des Troubles de la Mémoire?

Je suis surtout troublé devant ce comic book.

love-everlasting-2_c

Arriving: September 14, 2022
Diamond ID: JUL220217
Cover price: $3.99

“THE HUNT FOR LOVE” Joan wakes into another nightmare of love. 1920. She’s the maid and Roger’s the heir to the manor, and though it is forbidden, they are inevitably drawn together. But soon clichés begin to crumble and blood begins to spill as Joan fights back.

Writer
Tom King
Artist
Elsa Charretier, Matt Hollingsworth
Cover
Elsa Charretier

love-everlasting-2_1

love-everlasting-2_2

love-everlasting-3_c

Arriving: October 12, 2022
Diamond ID: AUG220201

« TOO LATE FOR LOVE »

After the bloody end of issue two Joan finds herself free in the pristine suburbs of the 1950s. But again love pulls at her demanding her attention her life. She fights it fights to escape but still it pulls and Joan must find a new way to fight this terror.

Writer
Tom King
Artist
Cover
Elsa Charretier

love-everlasting-3_1

love-everlasting-3_2

Eh eh eh … on est à plein dedans.

love-everlasting-5_a

Arriving: December 14, 2022
Diamond ID: OCT220180

END OF STORY ARC « TRAPPED BY LOVE » Joan slips outside of the Romance world. She meets her second Everlasting, a woman who, like Joan, sees this warped world for what it is, but unlike Joan knows why it is there. Can Joan get the answers she needs before she falls back into the trap of love?

Writer
Tom King
Artist
Cover A
Elsa Charretier
Cover B
Amanda Conner

love-everlasting-5_1

love-everlasting-5_2

love-everlasting-7_ea9d079643

LOVE EVERLASTING #7

Series: Love Everlasting

Published: May 3, 2023
Diamond ID: MAR230154

“TOO HIP FOR LOVE,” Part Two The acclaimed horror/romance series continues. After the game-changing twist in the last issue, Joan wakes up in a world she does not and cannot understand. Every rule has been broken, and she must fight her way out of this new trap of love or face her greatest fear—her wedding night!

_f31ec8efaf

_dc7875a691

Quelqu un a tenté ?

Non mais même moi qui suit réfractaire à Tom King, si je tombe sur une V.O. ou une V.F., je me laisserai probablement tenter. Ne serait-ce que pour l’ambition de revisiter les « Romance Comics » ou le dessin de Charretier (qui tend lentement vers Cooke, un peu Oeming des grands jours ou même Dragotta).