ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #1-13 (Jason Aaron / collectif)

La maison d’édition Boom! continue d’attirer les talents (continuant ainsi à faire de l’ombre à Image), mettant cette fois-ci le grappin sur le nouveau creator-owned de Jason Aaron (actuellement à l’oeuvre sur une maxi-série Punisher et sa fin de run sur Avengers), décrit comme une de ses oeuvres les plus ambitieuses (une romance en pleine fin du Monde est au programme). Un titre prévu sous la forme d’une triptyque, avec un dessinateur différent à chaque numéro (dont les noms n’ont pas été révélés).

Aaron : « This is the story of two lost kids who find each other at the very end of days. Like if Wes Anderson had directed ‘Road Warrior.’ But that’s only the beginning of their journey of survival and of the world’s last great love story. »

ça y est, il l’a annoncé ?

"As announced at San Diego Comic Con, I’m getting to work with the legendary artist Bryan Hitch for the very first time on the Alpha issue of AVENGERS ASSEMBLE, a massive multi-issue saga that represents the culmination of years’ worth of stories and serves to unite the AVENGERS, AVENGERS FOREVER and the AVENGERS 1,000,000 B.C. in one cataclysmic showdown. I’m pulling a whole bunch of threads into my final AVENGERS epic, leaving no character or crazy idea unexploded. And man, what a thrill to be working with Bryan. This is as gorgeous an oversized, prehistoric slugfest as Marvel has ever seen.

“Avengers Assemble.” Say the words like a prayer. And hope it will save you."

Merci. Je n’avais pas vu passer l’info.

S’il peut enfin se remettre à Southern Basterds et The Goddamned, ça fera quelques heureux je présume (moi le premier).

1 « J'aime »

Le premier arc narratif est dessiné par Alexandre Tefenkgi.

Et pour le second, ce sera Leila del Duca.

Oh, pas mal !
Depuis qu’il a quitté le franco-belge, il s’éclate complètement.

Jim

1 « J'aime »

Et le dessinateur du troisième et dernier arc de la série sera Nick Dragotta.

Nouvel aperçu :

Written by: Jason Aaron.

Art by: Alexandre Tefengki.

Covers by: Mike Del Mundo, Alexandre Tefenkgi, Jung-Geun Yoon.

Description: Maceo and Mezzy have never met anyone like each other, and they’ll need all the help they can get to survive a planet ravaged by environmental catastrophe. This epic trilogy - each issue overflowing with 30 story pages – spans a lifetime as the dark mysteries of a ruined world and their own stark differences tear at the threads holding Maceo and Mezzy together. Will they, and the earth beneath their feet, ultimately be torn apart?

Pages: 32.

Price: $4.99.

Available: Nov. 23.

A Wasteland of Horrors in ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #2

Discover Postapocalyptic Peril from NYT Bestselling Writer & All-Star Artists Starting in December 2022

BOOM! Studios revealed today a first look at ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #2, an epic post-apocalyptic series from Eisner and Harvey Award winner and New York Times bestselling writer Jason Aaron (Thor, The Avengers, Southern Bastard), artist Alexandre Tefengki (The Good Asian) with colorist Lee Loughridge and letterer AndWorld Design, about a love story at the end of the world that’s brutal and nostalgic, whimsical and grounded… and ultimately, timeless. BOOK ONE of this epic series, entitled LOVE IN THE WASTELAND, available December 2022.

Jason Aaron and Alexandre Tefenkgi’s fable of a bleak future continues in Maceo and Mezzy’s childhood years, with nothing but Mezzy’s guidebook and her skills as a wastelander to get them through their dangerous, post-apocalyptic journey. As time passes and they endure the horrors of plastic tornadoes and frozen sludge, Maceo proves to be more than just a burden, and they make a connection where none seemed possible at first. But to their unexpected peril, they might not be as alone as they thought…

ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #2 features main cover art by highly acclaimed illustrator Mike Del Mundo (Thor), and variant cover art by famed artists Frany (Grim) and Peach Momoko (Wynd).

BOOM! Studios announced a first look at ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #3, from New York Times bestselling and Eisner and Harvey Award winner, writer Jason Aaron (Thor, The Avengers, Southern Bastards), artists Alexandre Tefenkgi (The Good Asian) and Nick Dragotta (Alien), colorists Lee Loughridge (Deadly Class) and Rico Renzi (Plush), and letterer AndWorld Design (Something is Killing the Children) ambitious creator-owned series to date with three unique artistic teams to take on a vision of the end of the world that’s brutal and nostalgic, whimsical and grounded… and ultimately, timeless.

Just as Maceo and Mezzy manage to find a touch of laughter and whimsy in the toxic hellscape they are traveling through, a gruesome encounter changes both of them forever. Even though Mezzy has been able to protect her naive companion so far, there is no shielding him from what comes next… an encounter with the nightmarish WASTELAND RANGERS!

ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #3 features main cover and variant art by highly acclaimed illustrator Mike Del Mundo (Thor), and variant cover art by famed artists Frany (The Neighbors), and Miguel Mercado (Black Panther).

Art by: Alexandre Tefenkgi.

Covers by: Mike Del Munto, Frany, Jorge Corona…

Description: The Apocalympics begin, but it isn’t fun and games – the Wasteland Rangers won’t let Maceo, a rival suitor for Mezzy, go without competing to the death! The stakes are high as Mezzy’s close connection with The Rangers’ Chieftess is revealed and Maceo seems out of his league. But there’s more than one way to save someone.

Available: Feb 22.

Art by: Alexandre Tefenkgi, Nick Dragotta.

Covers by: Mike Del Munto, Frany, Mike Allred, Terry Dodson, Rachel Dodson.

Description: Maceo is determined to prove himself the only way he knows how, and his stubbornness brings Mezzy’s ire. But the Wasteland Rangers prove too dangerous even for Mezzy, and Maceo will have to do more than a symbolic gesture if they want to make it out alive. Will love prevail…,at least for a while?

Available: March 29.

« For the first time since 2008 or so, I’m not bound by any sort of exclusive agreement with Marvel Comics. My deal was up late last year, and while I remain very happy with my relationship with Marvel and have been talking with them about another project, I chose not to renew my exclusive. With my run on AVENGERS wrapping up and me wanting to step away from ongoing work-for-hire series commitments for the moment, after a 15 year run of one ongoing after another, it seemed like the right time to spread my wings a bit. So now I find myself enjoying a sort of freedom I haven’t had in a very long time, able to pursue whatever creative opportunities I so choose. And I’ve already been busy pursuing a few. Some creator-owned, some work-for-hire. The division of my workload and my time has already shifted, as I’m placing more of an emphasis on new creator-owned work, while also looking to tackle some brand new work-for-hire challenges. In short, as I said, it’s an exciting time, a fun-as-fuck time, you might say, and I can’t wait to tell you more about what all I’ve been up to, as soon as I can. »

BOOM! Studios announced today a first look at ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #6 , the start of the second story arc, THE RISE AND FALL OF GOLGONOOZA , from New York Times bestselling and Eisner and Harvey Award winning writer Jason Aaron (Thor, The Avengers, Southern Bastards ), debuting the new artists for this arc, illustrator Leila del Duca (Wondergirl: Homecoming ), colorist Tamra Bonvillain (Sins of the Black Flamingo ), and letterer AndWorld Design (Something is Killing the Children ), with guest art by Alexandre Tefenkgi and colors by Lee Loughridge. One of the most ambitious creator-owned series to date with three unique artistic teams to take on a vision of the end of the world that’s brutal and nostalgic, whimsical and grounded… and ultimately, timeless.

Mezzy and Maceo found the unimaginable–a secluded suburban community, well-preserved and filled with everything they’d need to survive until adulthood. As adults, however, the highest highs of romance and contentment are shadowed by dysfunction, just as their quaint community is surrounded by the ever-present horrors of the wasteland. How long can their little piece of paradise last?

ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #6 features main and variant cover art by highly acclaimed illustrator Kevin Wada (Specs), and variant cover art by famed artists Leila Del Duca (Wondergirl: Homecoming) with colors by Tamra Bonvillain (Sins of the Black Flamingo), Stephanie Hans (Journey Into Mystery), and Jenny Frison (Harley Quinn).

Print copies of ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #6 will be available for sale on June 7, 2023 exclusively at local comic book shops (use comicshoplocator.com to find the nearest one) or at the BOOM! Studios webstore. Digital copies can be purchased from content providers, including comiXology, iBooks, Google Play, and Kindle. Fans and readers can purchase print copies of ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD vol 1 SC , collecting the first five issues, in June 2023.

ONCE UPON A TIME AT END OF WORLD #7a

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Leila Del Duca, Tamra Bonvillain (CA) Kevin Wada, Cory Godbey
A secluded suburban community is the last thing Maceo and Mezzy expected to find, especially one so well-preserved and packed with everything one would need to thrive in the wasteland.

As more people come to reside in this settlement called Golgonooza, it flourishes, and becomes a home for Mezzy and Maceo, just as they become home to each other.

However, the wasteland won’t feel satisfied with being shut out for long…
In Shops: Jul 05, 2023
SRP: $4.99

Art by: Leila del Duca.

Covers by: Kevin Wada, Cory Godbey, Becca Carey.

Description: In the post-apocalypse, paradise can’t last for long! The cracks in Maceo and Mezzy’s oasis turn to chasms as their relationship stability (and that of the community) faces its first disasters. Will Golgonzola, and their relationship, survive the horrors of the wasteland?

Available: August 2.

Art by: Leila del Duca.

Covers by: Kevin Wada, Cory Godbey, Becca Carey.

Description: In the final issue of The Rise and Fall of Golgonooza, Maceo and Mezzy inflict emotional damage on each other in ways even the wasteland couldn’t dream of, and the threads of their relationship continue to tear. The community is dissolving and breaking, just like Maceo’s machines, and he and Mezzy are poised to be the final remaining members. If it comes to that, can they salvage what’s there, or will they even want to cross the chasm between them?

Available: Oct. 28

Book Three Begins in ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #11

Everything in Maceo and Mezzy’s Story Has Led to This…

BOOM! Studios revealed today a first look at ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #11, the first issue of the third and final story arc, NOT EVEN IF YOU’RE THE LAST PERSON ON EARTH, one of the most ambitious creator-owned series to date with three unique artistic teams to take on a vision of the end of the world that’s brutal and nostalgic, whimsical and grounded… and ultimately, timeless. Iconic artist Nick Dragotta (East Of West, Ghost Cage) join New York Times bestselling and Eisner and Harvey Award winning writer Jason Aaron (Thor, The Avengers, Southern Bastards), colorist Rico Renzi (Grim), letterer AndWorld Design (Something is Killing the Children), and returning artists Leila Del Duca (Sleepless) and Alexandre Tefenkgi (The Good Asian), to bring this epic post-apocalyptic love story to an unbelievable conclusion that no comic book reader can afford to miss, available in January 2024.

From their initial meet cute in the wasteland to the paradise oasis they built in adulthood, everything in Maceo and Mezzy’s story has led to this. Torn asunder by the events of the critically acclaimed Book Two, each faces old age and the unforgiving end of all things, isolated on a planet breathing its last breaths. But fate has other plans for these star-crossed lovers, and they will be reunited one last time… with nothing less than the fate of the entire world at stake.

ONCE UPON A TIME AT THE END OF THE WORLD #11 features main and variant cover art by highly acclaimed illustrator Ariel Olivetti (Cable), and variant cover art by famed artists Nick Dragotta, Jenny Frison (Alice Never After), and Alexandre Tefenkgi (The Good Asian).

STL305602

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Nick Dragotta (CA) Ariel Olivetti

The Ravagers, a group that Mezzy was once involved with who are hellbent on destroying the world, are primed to do just that, having been interested in Maceo’s machines.
With Maceo determined to stop them from doing the unthinkable, will Mezzy be able to find him in time to save not just the one she once loved, but what’s left of the world?

In Shops: Mar 20, 2024

SRP: $4.99