RIRI WILLIAMS : IRONHEART #1-12 (Eve Ewing / Kevin Libranda, Luciano Vecchio)

C’est vrai, tiens. D’autant que, en trois épisodes, il démontre sa maîtrise absolue dans un casting fourni : Tony, Rhodey, Bethany, la mère de Tony, le nouveau venu, Jocaste, Machine Man, et même le Contrôleur qui rôde.

C’est pas le tatouage informatique de Cable ?

IRONHEART #1
Written by Eve L. Ewing
Art by Kevin Libranda, Luciano Vecchio, Matt Milla
Published by Marvel Comics
Release Date: November 28, 2018

THE FORMER STAR OF INVINCIBLE IRON MAN HEADLINES HER OWN SOLO SERIES! When a group of world leaders is taken hostage by one of Spider-Man’s old foes, Riri Williams will have to step up her game. And she’ll be stunned when someone from back in Sweet Home Chicago enters her life… CHAMPIONS artist Kevin Libranda joins award-winning poet Eve Ewing, as Ironheart steps boldly out of Tony Stark’s shadow to forge her own future!

Source : www.comicosity.com

Moi perso je la trouve plutôt chouette.

IRONHEART #2

Written by: Eve Ewing.

Art by: Luciano Vecchio.

Cover by: Amy Reeder.

Description: Ironheart is caught between her need for independence and her obligations at M.I.T., and when an old friend is kidnapped, she needs to make some tough decisions. Luckily, she’s got a brand-new A.I. system on her side!

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: January 16.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

IRONHEART #3

Art by: Luciano Vecchio, Beaulieu Geoffrey.

Cover by: Amy Reeder.

Description: As Ironheart gets deeper into the search for a missing friend, she stumbles into something much bigger than a single kidnapping - and something much more dangerous. She may not know it yet, but she faces an ancient power, and it’s deadly.

In stores: February 13.

Writer: Eve L. Ewing
Artist: Luciano Vecchio
Colorist: Matt Milla
Letterer: VC’s Clayton Cowles
Cover Artist: Amy Reeder
Publisher: Marvel

Riri’s missing friend has been found, but the mystery surrounding her disappearance is far from over. Midnight’s Fire makes it clear that he’s not done with Ironheart — and he intends to make her an offer she can’t refuse. In the face of incredible power and uncertain choices, what path will Ironheart take?

Source : www.comicsbeat.com

There’s still more to uncover about the forces behind Daija’s kidnapping, and Ironheart will have to face them once and for all. Can she survive her first showdown with the mysterious Ten Rings?

Written by Eve Ewing
Art by Luciano Vecchio
Cover by Amy Reeder
Page Count 25 Pages
Release Date April 24 2019

Source : www.adventuresinpoortaste.com

ih7_0

Ironheart #7
(W) Eve Ewing (A) Luciano Vecchio (CA) Stefano Caselli
The IQ on this team-up is off the charts! Nadia Van Dyne, A.K.A. the Unstoppable Wasp, swings by Chicago to visit Ironheart…but neither of them was expecting a zombie invasion! Can these two girl geniuses put their heads together and figure out what’s turning ordinary Chicagoans into the walking dead? Read and find out, True Believers!
Rated T
In Shops: Jun 12, 2019
SRP: $3.99

Source : www.bleedingcool.com

IRONHEART #8

Cover by: Stefano Caselli.

Description: As Ironheart creeps closer to understanding the powerful people who have been wreaking magical havoc around her, she needs to talk to someone who can give her a clue… and it’s none other than the Sorcerer Supreme himself, Doctor Strange!

In stores: July 10.

IRONHEART #9

Cover by: Stefano Caselli.

Description: Guest-starring Shuri. Hot on the trail of the Ten Rings and trying to stop whatever destruction they have planned, Ironheart pays a visit to Wakanda…but doesn’t exactly hit it off with Princess Shuri. And a new ally may be able to shed some light on the story of Midnight’s Fire.

In stores: August 14.

IRONHEART #10

Cover by: Luciano Vecchio.

Description: The Iconic Ironheart and her new squad continue their trek in search of the Wellspring of Power, hidden somewhere in uncharted Wakandan territory. But Riri’s in for a surprise when she meets her match…literally!

In stores: Sept. 11.

La série Ironheart s’arrêtera au #12.

Finally, Riri, Shuri, and Silhouette have made it to the Wellspring of Power. But they find themselves confronting the full force of the Ten Rings, and for Riri, the identity of one Ten Rings member hits a little too close to home.

Written by : Eve Ewing
Art by : Luciano Vecchio
Cover by : Luciano Vecchio
Page Count : 22 Pages
Release Date : October 30 2019
Age Rating : 9+ Only

DERNIER NUMERO !

Ironheart’s Wakanda adventure comes to a shocking conclusion. With allies Shuri, Silhouette and Okoye by her side, Riri Williams faces her biggest challenger yet: her own past. And things will never be the same.

Written by : Eve Ewing
Art by : Luciano Vecchio
Cover by : Luciano Vecchio
Page Count : 23 Pages
Release Date : November 27 2019
Age Rating : 9+ Only

‘You Are a Threat to Them’

By Eve L. Ewing | Author of the Marvel series Ironheart

My Twitter notifications were a garbage fire. They said I had no talent, that I was a harbinger of everything that was going wrong in the comics industry. Some of them used coded language like “forced diversity.” Other messages, like a simple image of a burning cross, were more direct.

It was December 2017 and everything was a culture war; the world of comics was no different. Comicsgate had emerged beginning in 2016: a loose conglomeration of hashtags, YouTube channels and Twitter accounts that derived glee from the targeted harassment of women, trans people and people of color. That included real people, like me, and fictional people, like the character I’m best known for writing: a Black teen girl from Chicago named Riri Williams who enters the valiant fray of Marvel superheroes under the moniker Ironheart.

As a Black woman with an established public internet presence, I was used to harassment. I had some tried-and-true strategies: block, mute, ignore and go do something else with your day.

But there was something fundamental that I didn’t understand, and it bugged me. Of all the things I had said and done in public, of all my commentary about policing and politics and education and media, nothing had attracted a firestorm like the one prompted by the mere rumor that I might be writing Ironheart.

Why this ? Pretend stories about a girl who flies around the city and shoots energy beams out of her armored super suit — this was the thing that made them so angry?

Writing for Marvel seemed to me to be about the least political thing I had ever done. To me, this was about fun. It was the stuff of youthful miracles, a shiny new bike and unlimited arcade tokens rolled into one.

More than anything, I was concerned with the essentials of writing something decent. Riri had an origin story furnished by the writer Brian Michael Bendis and the artist Mike Deodato. She was a teen genius who had tragically lost loved ones to gun violence and was now attending M.I.T.

My job, as I saw it, was to puzzle out the deeper elements of who she is with and without her armor. What fears and desires motivate her? What are her quirks and flaws? Who are the people in her life who love her?

I knew I had to figure out how Riri might see things as someone who grew up in a hyper-policed community, including her thoughts on who gets labeled a criminal. The page pictured above is my remix of the iconic superhero landing pose: Riri transitions from that super aggressive stance with her fist down to a more gentle and empathic stance, down on one knee to talk to a child.

The not-so-hidden secret of superhero stories is that readers want to understand who the person is when they’re not suited up.

Once you figure that out, then you can get to the titanic battles over the future of the universe. But for me, this was all in good fun.

Don’t get me wrong — I knew that what I was doing was historic. At the time I was hired, I was the fifth Black woman writer in Marvel’s nearly 80-year history. Still, why Riri and I were so divisive, I didn’t get.

I mused aloud about this to Ta-Nehisi Coates, who himself had been targeted for his writing on Captain America.

“If you do this,” he told me, “you will face the most racism and sexism you’ve ever dealt with in your life. And you will also have the most fun you’ve ever had writing anything.”

I told him I was all in on the fun part but I was confused by the racism and sexism part. Why were people so angry?

“No, Eve,” he said. “Don’t you see? They’re right .”

I didn’t see.

“They’re right. About you. About us. About these characters,” he said. “You are a threat to them.”

And when he said that, I was a kid again, walking home from the train station at night, in a time before anyone had apps to track you, before Black girls snatched up from the street had any means to go viral. If you disappeared, you would be gone forever.

In those moments, I always thought of one person: Batman. In my head, he was just out of view, perched atop a darkened church. I almost caught the smallest edge of his cape disappearing around a corner, I reasoned, but I had turned my head a beat too late. When I was scared and alone, that’s who my mind called out to.

Superheroes reflect our shared cultural mythologies: what it means to be good, to be courageous, to face unbeatable odds. In recent years, “representation matters” has become a refrain acknowledging how vital it is that children see possibilities for themselves in media.

But superheroes represent something beyond that. It’s not only that if little Black girls see Ironheart being brave, they will understand that they can do the same because they look like her. It’s that superheroes serve as a shared cultural mirror, paragons of what bravery even is .

A panel from Ironheart that highlights the hero’s interaction with children.Credit…Marvel/Eve L. Ewing and Luciano Vecchio

For example, in one of my favorite panels from the series (shown above), I wanted to show the unbridled joy Black kids from Chicago would feel if they got to meet Ironheart and experience flying for the first time. It’s important to me to push against the adultification of Black children, and show them being silly and having fun. This is also a full-circle moment because, early in the story arc, Ironheart catches the boy in green committing a petty crime, but instead of punishing him, she wants to help him.

If kids who are scared and alone call out in their heart of hearts for protection and the face they see in their mind’s eye is a Black teen girl from the South Side of Chicago, or a Muslim Pakistani-American nerd from Jersey City (Kamala Khan, a.k.a. Ms. Marvel), or an undocumented Mexican-American kid from Arizona who can fly (Joaquín Torres, also known as Falcon) — if those faces become cultural stand-ins for the ideals we strive for in our society, in the ways that Superman, Batman and Captain America have been for generations … man, if I was a white supremacist, that would make me mad, too.

There’s a folder of images I keep on my phone. It contains some screenshots from Twitter and Instagram, but not the ones calling me unprintable names. I keep the photos of kids dressed as Riri — kids across the country whose parents posted images of their children reading comics I wrote and tagged me online, and kids who showed up at comic book conventions and store signings.

I keep the pictures of the line that snaked out the door and into the street the first time I did a signing at my local shop, First Aid Comics. I save the photos from the first time I attended New York Comic Con and posed with a squad of other Black comics creators, grinning wildly beneath our thick glasses.

I save the photos from when I posed with the Ironheart who had braces, and the littlest Black Panther, and the Ms. Marvel who sat on my lap.

It’s still true that some people are pretty angry about the future of comics, but it doesn’t bother me. I’m on the best superhero team. And as you may have heard, we are mighty.

Les suprematistes considèrent que c est très grave donc c est que c est très important.

Au final, elle leur donne donc raison.

Les suprematistes fixent ils ainsi l agenda ?

On peut saisir l idée mais bon.

Ah l esprit de sérieux…