SECOND COMING #1-6 (Mark Russell / Richard Pace, Leonard Kirk)

Après avoir été annulée par DC/Vertigo, la mini-série Second Coming de Mark Russell et Richard Pace a trouvé refuge chez Ahoy Comics.

La publication des aventures de ces deux colocataires pas comme les autres que sont Jésus, le fils de Dieu, et Sunstar, le plus puissant héros de la Terre, débutera le 10 juillet.

SECOND COMING #1

Series:

Second Coming

Story:

Mark Russell

Cover:

Amanda Conner

Art:

Richard Pace

AHOY is proud to present—for the first time anywhere—the series everyone’s talking about, by award-winning writer Mark Russell ( Snagglepuss , The Flintstones ) and artist Richard Pace ( Pitt , New Warriors )! God commands Earth’s mightiest super-hero, Sunstar, to accept Jesus as his roommate and teach him how to use power in a…more powerful way. Jesus, shocked at the way humans have twisted his message over two millennia, vows to straighten them out. This deluxe first issue features 30 pages of story.

I think it was more a matter of Second Coming not being a good fit for DC. I had, and still have, a good working relationship with DC where I can pitch things to DC that would sound like terrible ideas to just about anyone else - The Flintstones as a manifesto about civilization, Snagglepuss as a gay playwright who gets caught up in the Lavender Scare in the 1950s, Jesus returning to Earth during the age of superheroes… and they got what I was doing and trusted me to pull it off.

But I think right now DC is trying to figure out its brand and there’s been so much movement at the top that it was just a particularly bad time to be a title that stuck out in their catalog and made people wonder, « Wait. Why are we doing this?! »

https://www.newsarama.com/45887-jesus-christ-back-for-second-coming-and-his-first-superhero-team-up.html

Les couvertures des #2 et 3 par Amanda Conner :

Second%20Coming%202%20cov

secondcoming3_200

Les séries Ahoy Comics arrivent en France en 2020 chez Delcourt ! Trois premiers titres sont annoncés : The Wrong Earth en janvier, Captain Ginger vers le milieu de l’année et Second Coming au second semestre.

En plus, les couvertures d’Amanda Conner sont (comme toujours) hilarantes.

Jim

ça me fait penser à la chanson de Java

Petit extrait :

SECONDCOMING_01_5-e1562624513399

Second Coming #2, by writer Mark Russell, artists Richard Pace and Troy Leonard as well as colorist Andy Troy.

Second Coming, which was originally slated to be published by Vertigo, is a satirical comic book series in which Jesus Christ is forced to learn to be humanity’s savior from a superhero named Sunstar. The preview for issue #2 shows Heaven’s food court, which contains such famously defunct or near-extinct chains such as Burger Chef and Chi-Chi’s, as Sunstar has a heart-to-heart conversation with God. The end of the preview shows the devil tempting Jesus in the desert, providing a humorous twist on the biblical story.

Source : www.cbr.com

SECOND COMING #3

Written by: Mark Russell.

Art by: Richard Pace, Leonard Kirk.

Cover by: Amanda Conner.

Description: Searching for his missing grandmother, Sunstar is forced to confront the shortcomings of his super-powers. Jesus, left on his own for the day, runs afoul of street preachers. Also: the usual assortment of AHOY prose stories and extra features.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Sept. 18.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

Second Coming #4

(W) Mark Russell
(A) Richard Pace, Leonard Kirk
Cover: Amanda Conner
Jesus Christ is missing! Sunstar recruits a team of lesser costumed heroes (who resent his great power) to assist him in the search for the Son of God! Plus the usual AHOY Prose fiction, beautifully illustrated.
October 23, 2019
$3.99

Source : www.newsarama.com

SECOND COMING #6

Written by: Mark Russell.

Art by: Richard Pace, Leonard Kirk.

Cover by: Amanda Conner.

Description: Extra-sized first season finale, featuring 30 pages of story! Sunstar and Shiela leave Jesus in charge as they go off on their honeymoon. Satan tempts Jesus one last time. Plus! Illustrated prose fiction, humor, and/or poems, and an exclusive preview of writer/creator Mark Russell’s brand new Ahoy title, debuting soon!

Pages: 42.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Jan. 15.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com