SECRET WEAPONS #0-4 (Eric Heisserer / Raul Allen, Adam Pollina)

Valiant a dévoilé un teaser cryptique annonçant la sortie en juin d’un nouveau titre (qui sera révélé demain), écrit par Eric Heisserer et dessiné par Raul Allen (Wrath of the Eternal Warrior).
Eric Heisserer est un scénariste très en vue en ce moment puisqu’il vient d’être nommé aux Oscars dans la catégorie « meilleur scénario adapté » pour Premier Contact de Denis Villeneuve. Il fait également partie des scénaristes qui travaillent sur le passage sur grand écran des personnages Valiant.

Parallèlement à sa carrière pour le cinéma, Eric Heisserer avait signé pour l’éditeur Dark Horse Comics les mini-séries Lone Wolf 2100 et Shaper.

Source : cbr.com

Amanda McKee, alias Livewire, assemble une nouvelle équipe dans la mini-série en 4 épisodes Secret Weapons. À peine réunies, ces « Armes Secrètes » vont devoir unir leurs pouvoirs pour faire face à la menace du tueur mécanisé Rex-o.

Etudes de personnages et 2 pages par Raul Allen :

[quote=« Eric Heisserer »]“My path to ‘Secret Weapons’ is a bit wonky. I started writing for characters like Pete, Faith, Livewire, and Bloodshot in the film adaptations of their stories. When I am given the opportunity to translate a property to screen, it’s like adopting someone else’s child for a while. I put in my time, try to respect all the hard work of the original authors, and sooner or later I’m on my way.”

“The Valiant characters were different, especially Livewire. I kept thinking about her, long after my official writing services were complete. I wanted back into that world. I had crazy ideas for her powers, and the hard choices ahead of her. So, I asked to build a new book for Valiant, with a new group of faces, all led by Amanda. To my relief, Dinesh and Warren said yes.”

“Of all the writing I’ve done in the last year, my heart is most in ‘Secret Weapons’ and its collection of freaks, misfits, and outcasts. And I think a story of a woman who’s shouldered such great burdens, now trying to rescue some lost souls and form a surrogate family, may be one of the most emotional stories I’ve put to paper.” [/quote]

Secret Weapons #1 sortira le 28 juin.

Source : vulture.com

Adam Pollina. Voilà un nom surgi du passé. Le dessinateur de X-Force dans les années 90 est de retour dans le monde des comics puisqu’il illustre le numéro 0 de la mini-série Secret Weapons à paraître en janvier 2018.

Ci-dessous une couverture et un premier aperçu :

Valiant is proud to announce SECRET WEAPONS #0 – an all-new, standalone prelude to the year’s best-selling independent limited series from Academy Award-nominated writer Eric Heisserer (Arrival) and legendary artist Adam Pollina (X-Force)! Before the fall of the Harbinger Foundation… Before the opening pages of SECRET WEAPONS #1… An essential new chapter in the Harbinger mythos will soon be revealed as Nikki Finch – a future founding member of Livewire’s squadron of misfit telekinetics – relives the never-before-told saga of her recruitment and activation at the hands of Toyo Harada’s Harbinger Foundation in a must-read standalone special from two of Valiant’s most accomplished storytellers!
Meet high school senior Nikki Finch… She’s a gifted athlete with an unusual set of medical ailments and high-aptitude test scores that have drawn the attention of an obscure and little-known NGO calling itself the Harbinger Foundation. With seemingly limitless resources at its disposal, the Harbinger Foundation has just offered Nikki a place in their newest class of recruits for a prestigious, but secretive, mission: to unlock her hidden potential via the invasive, dangerous and often deadly process known as “psiot activation.”
If they succeed, Nikki could become an extraordinary example of Toyo Harada’s vision for the future of post-human biological superiority. If they fail, she’ll likely die on the operating table…or be locked away for future study in the mysterious research facility only known as The Willows…Told in an poetic storytelling style chronicling the most formative year of Nikki’s life one week – and one panel – at a time, the New Year’s most surprising and poignant superhero origin starts here on January 3rd with an all-new introduction to the world of SECRET WEAPONS, the breakout series that has earned acclaim and accolades from all corners of the globe.

Source : www.comicsbeat.com

Il a bien fait de revenir !

Secret Weapons #0

"Meet high school senior Nikki Finch… She’s a gifted athlete with an unusual set of medical ailments and high-aptitude test scores that have drawn the attention of an obscure and little-known NGO calling itself the Harbinger Foundation. With seemingly limitless resources at its disposal, the Harbinger Foundation has just offered Nikki a place in their newest class of recruits for a prestigious, but secretive, mission: to unlock her hidden potential via the invasive, dangerous and often deadly process known as “psiot activation”…

If they succeed, Nikki could become an extraordinary example of Toyo Harada’s vision for the future of post-human biological superiority. If they fail, she’ll likely die on the operating table…or be locked away for future study in the mysterious research facility known as The Willows…

An essential new chapter in the Harbinger mythos is about to be revealed as Nikki Finch – a future founding member of Livewire’s squadron of misfit telekinetics – relives the never-before-told saga of her recruitment and activation at the hands of Toyo Harada’s Harbinger Foundation in a must-read standalone special from two of Valiant’s most accomplished storytellers!"

SECRET WEAPONS #0
Written by ERIC HEISSERER
Art by ADAM POLLINA
Cover A by RAÚL ALLÉN
Cover B by VERONICA FISH
Cover C by SIBYLLINE MEYNET
Variant Cover by SIJA HONG
Variant Cover by ADAM POLLINA

Source : www.comicbook.com