SILVER SABLE & THE WILD PACK #36 (Christa Faust / Paolo Siqueira)

En novembre et décembre, Marvel publiera 6 one-shots qui auront la particularité d’utiliser la numérotation LEGACY.

Silver Sable & The Wild Pack #36 est écrit par la romancière Christa Faust et dessiné par Paolo Siqueira (Titans Hunt).

SILVER SABLE AND THE WILD PACK #36
CHRISTA FAUST (W) • PAULO SIQUEIRA (A)
SILVER AND BOLD Part 1 (OF 1)
After faking her own death, SILVER SABLE is back in the mercenary game, and this time she REALLY might not survive! In the wake of Norman Osborn’s control of the Symkarian government, one of Sable’s operations goes south, and she finds herself and a small group of hostages trapped in the clutches of a dangerous group of terrorists! With no equipment and no back up Sable has to make sure that she and the innocents trapped with her find their way out alive. Piece of cake.

Source : www.cbr.com

Silver Sable is the perfect character for me to dip my toes into the Marvel universe. While I’ve done work in other genres, I’m primarily a hardboiled crime writer. I’m particularly attracted to gritty, complex stories in which the line between good and evil isn’t always so clear. Silver Sable is nobody’s hero, but she’s not an evil villainess either. She has no superhuman powers, she’s just an extraordinarily tough woman trying to make her own way through a treacherous and violent world. She’s morally flexible when she needs to be, but still has a heart. And hey, I love a bad ass chick with silver hair, because my hair started going silver at a young age too. I’ve finally stopped dyeing it dark, and from now on I’m going to tell people I’m not getting older, I’m just cosplaying Silver Sable!

INTERVIEW DE CHRISTA FAUST

Tout lien avec le projet de Sony est fortuit.

Voir ce titre me rappelle une période (il y a vingt cinq ans de cela, en gros) où le catalogue Marvel (mais DC, c’était pareil) était composé de tas de séries dont les personnages étaient des seconds couteaux. C’était une époque où Silver Sable avait sa série, mais aussi Darkhawk, Nomad, Sleepwalker et tant d’autres dont la présence dans les présentoirs était étonnante.
Alors bien entendu, cette surproduction (qui a mené à une explosion de la bulle, on connaît l’histoire) avait pour corollaire une qualité moyenne (bon, moi, je détestais pas Silver Sable, les épisodes que j’ai, je les trouve sympathiques), les récits étant pondus au kilomètres afin d’occuper le rayon et d’offrir un spectaculaire à peu de frais afin de contrer la montée en puissance d’Image. Bref, y en avait beaucoup, et y avait plein de radouilles.
Mais d’une certaine manière, je préfère cette période à la période actuelle, caractérisée par les déclinaisons surmultipliées des franchises qui fonctionnent. Je préfère une période où Nomad et Darkhawk ont leur place, qu’une période alignant douze séries Avengers et huit séries X-Men.
Mais ce n’est que mon avis.

Jim

Je suis bien d’accord avec toi.

SILVER SABLE AND THE WILD PACK #36

Written by: Christa Faust.

Art by: Paulo Siqueira.

Cover by: Mahmud Asrar.

Description: After faking her own death, Silver Sable is back in the mercenary game, and this time she really might not survive! In the wake of Norman Osborn’s control of the Symkarian government, one of Sable’s operations goes south, and she finds herself and a small group of hostages trapped in the clutches of a dangerous group of terrorists! With no equipment and no back up Sable has to make sure that she and the innocents trapped with her find their way out alive. Piece of cake.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Nov. 22.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

Je comprends que Steranko est marqué une époque. Mais Steranko ce n’est pas qu’une seule et unique couverture.