STILLWATER #1-12 (Chip Zdarsky / Ramon K. Perez)

Dans la petite ville de Stillwater, personne ne meurt. Ce n’est pas juste une promesse…c’est une menace…

Image Comics publiera à partir de septembre Stillwater, une nouvelle série du label Skybound…un comic-book horrifique créé par Chip Zdarsky et Ramon K. Perez !

Premier aperçu :

unnamed-5-1

unnamed-6-1

The New York Times bestselling, Eisner Award winning writer Chip Zdarsky ( The White Trees, Daredevil, Sex Criminals ) and Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning artist Ramón K Pérez (Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand, Jane ) dive into a world of horror and intrigue in an all-new, ongoing series from Image/Skybound Entertainment this September— Stillwater .

In the town of Stillwater , nobody dies. That’s not just a promise. It’s a threat.

“I’m thrilled people are finally going to see Stillwater ! This idea’s been percolating in my for years now, and it’s been fun working with Ramon to build this tiny, strange world! I’ve always wanted to write a horror comic so I can show the world that I’m not JUST creepy, I can also write creepy!” said Zdarsky. “I love getting to explore immortality on a small stage, the idea that you can live forever but just within such a constrained space. It’s been a treat getting to write characters struggling with that terrifying deal.”

Pérez added: “It’s been a joy to step away from the superhero genre and delve into the horror, thriller, and a dash of mystery genre with Chip on Stillwater ! I hope readers are as unsettled as I was drawing the book…”

Stillwater #1 (Diamond Code JUL200017) will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, September 16.

Stillwater #1 will also be available for purchase across many digital platforms, including Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, comiXology, and Google Play.

Source : www.comicsbeat.com

1 « J'aime »

La couverture du #1 :

Stillwater-01_Cover

1 « J'aime »

Eh eh eh, elle est choc la couv’ !

stillwater1c

STILLWATER #1

Written by: Chip Zdarsky.

Art by: Ramon K. Perez, Mike Spicer.

Covers by: Ramon K. Perez.

Description: Nobody dies. In the town of Stillwater, that’s not just a promise. It’s a threat. Zdarsky and Perez dive into a world of horror and intrigue in this new ongoing Skybound series.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: September 16.

stillwater12

stillwater13

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

stillwater2c

STILLWATER #2

Cover by: Ramon K. Perez.

Description: Daniel West has returned to Stillwater, but his homecoming is anything but happy! What secret is the town hiding from the outside world? And can Daniel save his mother from meeting her fate within The Park? Find out in Skybound’s newest horror sensation!

In stores: October 21.

stillwater21

stillwater22

STILLWATER #3

Description: After witnessing what happens to rule breakers in Stillwater, Daniel must come to terms with what it really means to live forever. And what exactly is a deathday?

In stores: November 18.

stillwater31

stillwater32

Bon, ça commence enfin à prendre son envol.

J’ai sauté sur la série Stillwater à cause de Zdarsky et parce j’avais envie de reprendre la lecture d’une intrigue à un rythme régulier - de préférence fantastique - pour en apprécier chaque mois les surprises.
Connaissant un peu l’auteur et sa manière de faire monter la mayonnaise avec application, j’avoue m’être un peu endormi sur les deux premiers numéros. Ce n’est pas que le pitch de départ ne promet pas de lourdes ramifications, ni que les dialogues ne sonnent pas correctement à l’oreille, sans parler de Ramon K. Perez qui fait le taff (malgré quelques techniques d’industrialisations qui sortent de ses habitudes comme la copie/colle d’une même position d’une case à l’autre), mais il faut avouer que les personnages de cette (fausse) ville normale sont un peu trop… normaux justement. Et que le héros, jusqu’ici, n’est pas forcément des plus intéressant non plus (probablement mis en contraste avec son meilleur ami, on me dira).

Enfin bref, ce troisième épisode commence à décoller à travers un enchainement d’échanges qui manquaient cruellement jusqu’ici. Comme souvent avec Zdarsky, les évènements s’enchainent avec une certaine forme de logique sans pour autant être perceptible au premier abord.

J’attends de voir ce que donnera ce prémisse à la conclusion du premier arc mais j’espère quand même être autant diverti à chaque numéro. L’auteur y parvient déjà avec Daredevil donc j’aime y croire.

stillwater4c

STILLWATER #4

Description: In the town of Stillwater, the Judge’s word is law. But what does the law mean when the townspeople decide they’ve had enough?

In stores: December 16.

stillwater41

stillwater42

stillwater6c

STILLWATER #6

Description: End of story arc. The first arc of Skybound’s newest hit horror series ends here! After last issue’s explosive cliffhanger, everyone’s least favorite officer, Ted, takes the law into his own hands…

In stores: February 17.

stillwater61

stillwater62

stillwater7c

STILLWATER #7

Covers by: Ramon K. Perez, Soo Lee.

Description: New story arc. Chaos in Stillwater erupts! With the Judge nowhere to be found, Ted and his militia storm the town and take control. But in this small town where no one can die, there are others willing to go further…

In stores: May 19.

stillwater71

stillwater72

stillwater8a

STILLWATER #8

Covers by: Ramon K. Perez, Gabrielle Kari.

Description: How do you dispose of a body in Stillwater? Looks like it’s time for Sheriff Tanya to take a road trip.

In stores: June 16.

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-9_c

Published: August 4, 2021
Diamond ID: MAY210205
Age Rating: M
Imprint: Skybound
Buy

Cover price: $3.99
Ted loves to welcome new visitors to Stillwater and show them around. That’s too bad for Faith.
Writer
Chip Zdarsky
Artists
Ramón K. Pérez
Mike Spicer
Cover A
Ramón K. Pérez

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-9_1

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-9_2

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-10_c

Published: September 22, 2021
Diamond ID: JUN210254
Buy

When no one can age or die, are the children still the future? The town of Stillwater is about to find out.
Writer
Chip Zdarsky
Artist
Ramón K. Pérez
Cover A
Ramón K. Pérez

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-10_1

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-10_2

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-12_c

Published: January 12, 2022

Diamond ID: AUG210264
Buy

Ted and the Marines. Galen and the children. Caught in the middle, is Daniel prepared to die? Can he?
Writer
Chip Zdarsky
Artists
Ramón K. Pérez
Mike Spicer
Ramón K. Pérez

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-12_1

stillwater-by-zdarsky-pérez-12_2