STRANGE ACADEMY #1-18 (Skottie Young / Humberto Ramos)

Marvel annonce l’ouverture d’une nouvelle école, un établissement dirigé par le Docteur Strange, avec des professeurs comme Frère Vaudou, l’Ancien, Hellstrom, Magik, Shaman ou encore la Sorcière Rouge.

Bienvenue à la Strange Academy, à la Nouvelle-Orléans…mais comme les jeunes sorciers et sorcières vont l’apprendre, la magie a toujours un prix !

Ecrit par Skottie Young (Deadpool) et dessiné par Humberto Ramos (Champions), Strange Academy sera publié à partir de mars 2020.

STRANGE ACADEMY will launch this March as a new ongoing series helmed by best-selling comic book veterans: Eisner Award-winning writer Skottie Young (DEADPOOL, ROCKET RACCOON) and critically acclaimed artist Humberto Ramos (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, CHAMPIONS). The new series will bring together a whole new class of students from Earth, Weirdworld, Asgard, the Dark Dimension, and beyond to learn how to control their gifts in the Mystic Arts under Doctor Strange, Brother Voodoo, The Ancient One, Scarlet Witch, Magik, Hellstrom, and all of Marvel’s most iconic magicians. But with a new threat looming on the horizon, is it too late?

“What we’re really trying to do is tell those classic coming of age stories that we’ve seen in so many other properties or other projects out there in the world whether it be TV or film or novels or comics,” Skottie Young told the Associated Press. “Whether it’s kids running around mazes or kids at a magic school or people running around trying to survive a post-apocalyptic landscape.”

“Over a year ago, I was driving Skottie down from the airport in Mexico, and out of the blue, he asked me what I wanted to do after working on Spider-Man,” said Ramos. “He began to pitch me on an incredible project for the rest of the weekend…and I’m excited to now say that project is STRANGE ACADEMY! Like all great stories, they all start with an idea…and this idea blew me away. We can’t share too much yet, but if you stick around, you’ll get to experience magic like you’ve never seen before in the Marvel Universe. Welcome to Strange Academy! Man, I love the first day of school!”

STRANGE ACADEMY will center on Emily Bright (a girl who discovered magical powers since birth), Doyle Dormammu (the illegitimate son of the Dark Dimension’s ruler), and their new classmates as mysteries begin to unfold not just for the students at the school, but for the entire Marvel Universe. With a new cast rooted in Marvel’s history and fan-favorite characters, this series will be the perfect introduction for both fans just diving into comics and for fans who have been following Marvel for years.

Set in the mystical backdrop of New Orleans, The Big Easy will play a pivotal role in STRANGE ACADEMY with its rich local culture, folklore, and innate magic of the French Quarter, the Bayou, the Swamps, and more. To capture the essence of STRANGE ACADEMY, Young and Ramos conducted their research firsthand.

“It just kind of occurred to me that there’s a nice history and folklore about magic and the mystic arts and the dark arts and things like that that kind of surround the mythos of New Orleans,” Young said. “Having just gone there myself for my 40th, I thought that would be a great place to set it. And that it would be awesome just to go back again and do a nice little research trip.”

Source : www.marvel.com

Ah ça peut être marrant, ça.

Jim

Premier aperçu :

strangeacademy1

strangeacademy2

strangeacademy3

strangeacademy4

Source : www.marvel.com

Et y aura Voldemort ?

Toutafe

A suivre! Ça me plaît bien et ça pourrait plaire au reste de la famille également.

Mais c’est pas une mauvaise idée, ça.

Et le docteur Strange jouera le rôle de Lassard ?

Hmmmmmm, ça sent bon ça.

Une couverture variante du #1 par Humberto Ramos :

STRACADEMY2020001-Ramos-Beaulieu

Est-ce que ça peut avoir une dynamique à la Wolverine and The X-Men ?

Je vois a la Avengers Academy

Ce qui n’est pas un mauvais modèle non plus…

Jim

Un petit aperçu du #2 :

StrangeAcademy21

StrangeAcademy22

Franchement quand on voit le super taf fait sur toutes les séries de jeunes (Gen X / Avengers Academy / Wolvie and…), je ne comprends pas que les pontes ne s’orientent pas plus là-dessus.

C’est sûr que ça doit moins vendre que les séries-mères mais gros vivier de personnages et j’imagine que les auteurs ont plus les coudées franches.

Je veux un panini book !

je ne comprends pas que les pontes ne s’orientent pas plus là-dessus.

Mais les pontes de Marvel ont toujours des projets pour les séries de jeunes :

• Ne surtout pas développer les personnages surtout si ils sont intéressants.
  • En faire de la chaire à canon lors du prochain event débile où l’on mettra en avant toujours les mêmes personnages insipides mais qui ont un film en ce moment au cinéma.

Que demander de plus à Mickey ??? De la créativité ? de la diversité ? … Bas non !

Toutes blagues mises à part, Skottie Yong avaient déjà fait des merveilles lors de son passage sur les jeunes X-Men. D’ailleurs surement le seul scénariste à les avoir bien exploité. Du coup coup j’attend la série avec impatience.

A quel passage fais tu allusion?
Young Marvel: Little X-Men, Little Avengers, Big Trouble?

Young était au scénario/dessins d’un arc des new avec magie et les limbes avec la paire Kyle/Yost en coscénariste. En vf x-men 134 - 139