SUPERMAN, L'ANGE DE METROPOLIS (Saisons 1-3)

Unique survivant de l’explosion de la planète Krypton, le bébé Kal-El échoue sur Terre dans un vaisseau conçu par ses parents. Recueilli par la famille Kent, il grandit sous le nom de Clark Kent. Mais il finit par découvrir qu’il a d’étranges pouvoirs. Devenu adulte, Clark Kent est alors journaliste au Daily Planet. Mais personne ne sait que derrière sa timide façade se cache l’homme le plus puissant de la planète : Superman.

CRÉATEURS

Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett & Paul Dini

DISTRIBUTION

Tim Daly, Dana Delany, David Kaufman, Clancy Brown, Corey Burton, Michael Ironside…

INFOS

Série américaine
Genre : super-héros
Titre original : Superman : The Animated Series, The New Superman Adventures
Diffusion : du 6 septembre 1996 au 12 février 2000 sur Kids’ WB
Format : 13/28 x 20 mn

1 « J'aime »

Souvenirs…

J’adore cette série.

Jim

2 « J'aime »

tumblr_nus8lwUR771tijkw9o2_640

tumblr_nus8lwUR771tijkw9o3_1280

In the 1990s cartoon Superman: The Animated Series , Dan Turpin was modelled on Jack Kirby and voiced by Joseph Bologna. He appears often in the early part of the series. At first highly critical of Superman, he becomes more appreciative of him after he and Superman save each other’s lives from Intergang. Turpin eventually stands up to and is killed by the alien tyrant Darkseid using his Omega Beams, in the latter half of the two-part episode «Apokolips … Now!», just before Darkseid leaves Earth. The character’s funeral was presided over by a rabbi who recited a kaddish. Out of respect for the legacy of Kirby, the character’s creator, producer Bruce Timm found a genuine religious leader for the voiceover, the cantor of a large Conservative temple in LA. He also modeled the cemetery after the real-life one where Jack Kirby is buried. Among the attendees of the fictional funeral in the original TV airing were some of Kirby’s Marvel comics creations, such as the Fantastic Four and Nick Fury, as well as the likeness of Kirby’s frequent collaborator Stan Lee (these were edited from the DVD release to avoid infringement issues with Marvel). Superman watches the funeral at a distance and delivers the words «In the end, the world didn’t need a Superman…just a brave one». The episode ends with a dedication to Kirby with the afterword «Long Live the King».

1 « J'aime »

Un lien alternatif au cas où (car 1 un seul article gratuit par mois chez Vulture) :

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/other/superman-s-15-best-animated-moments/ar-AA1dw2C2

Bruce Timm :

Batman and Superman Adventures: World’s Finest (November 30, 1997)

1 « J'aime »

Superman Pre-STAS / STAS Designs

Bruce Timm:

« If I had it to do over again, I’d update the character more—I think that the show would have been more successful if we had reinvented a little bit. Superman’s just not as intrinsically [as] cool as Batman. Superman makes a lot of sense in 1940; he doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense in 1999. The DC tell you the same thing—they have a very hard time making him seem fresh and exciting. He’s just been around for so damn long. I’m proud of the Superman show. It’s very traditional; we did incorporate all the Kirby stuff, and we gave Jimmy Olsen baggy pants, and we had mecha-style robots instead of 1940s-style robots, but other than that it’s very true to the old-fashioned Superman. The reason why we didn’t make it Fleischer-esque is that I didn’t want anybody to literally put it side-by-side with the old Fleischer shorts and say, ‘They’re just doing a third-rate knockoff of the Fleischers,’ because we can’t compare with that. »

Tim Levins :

Superman has been portrayed in many different ways over the decades, but to me SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES captured the essence of the character perfectly. The producers of the show did what they had previously done with Batman: they took the best elements from the character’s rich comic book mythology, put their own stamp on it, and created a series that presents the definitive version of Superman and his universe.

I wanted to pay tribute to the series with this drawing. I was lucky enough to be able to illustrate this version of Superman a few times in BATMAN: GOTHAM ADVENTURES and JUSTICE LEAGUE ADVENTURES, and as a lifelong Superman fan, it was a dream come true for me.

The 11" x 17" original art is available for sale in my store. Follow this link if you’re interested:

timlevins.bigcartel.com/

2 « J'aime »