SUPERMAN : YEAR ONE #1-3 (Frank Miller / John Romita Jr)

Frank Miller va revisiter les origines de Superman dans un graphic novel de 100 pages qui sera dessiné par un de ses collaborateurs réguliers, John Romita Jr.

Frank Miller : “Through Dark Knight I got to touch about all the [characters] at the DC pantheon, but I never really had my real, meaningful crack at Superman. In the case of DC Comics, which has by far and away the strongest and richest mythology, there are those three fundamental pillars they have of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. All of the other characters kind of string along underneath of them, which is wonderful.”

Plus de détails sur Superman : Year One prochainement…

Source : www.bleedingcool.com

ça, c’est pas gentil …

Ce qui me fait peur c’est romita …

Je vais surveiller. La narration de Miller pouvant canaliser l’énergie de Romita Jr, ça peut être intéressant. Est-ce que Miller va ressortir certaines des idées qu’il avait pour le personnage au début des années 1980, ça peut être aussi intrigant, ça.

Jim

Sur Romita, je trouve que la patte se redresse. Ses derniers Suicide Squad, voire Métal, me rassurent.

John Romita Jr a révélé quelques détails sur Superman : Year One au Boston Comic Con :

“I’ve seen the reactions online about, ‘Oh, my God, here we go, another Superman origin,’ and it’s not really the origin retelling. It’s after the origin, it’s after he lands, what happens between the time he lands and the time he realizes what he is. And this slight slant on the development of Superman is that he’s really unconscious that he’s an alien ’til his parents tell him that he’s an alien. In the meantime, he just thinks he’s special. And he doesn’t appear in costume until the very end. It’s similar to the Daredevil: Man Without Fear back in the ’90s, and it’s the period of time up until he puts the costume on for the first time.

And Frank has this twisted imagination about what should happen, and we talked about it, and [Frank’s] eyes glow. He said he’s wanted to do this as long as he can remember, since, when did Batman: Year One come out? Was that 30 years ago? He said he always wanted to complete the cycle and do a Superman: Year One. Well, he finally got the chance to do it, and of course it’s a hundred pages and there’s a million people in it.

It’s gonna be a hundred pages. I don’t know if it’s gonna be 92, or 100, I don’t know. But knowing Frank, it could be 200 pages. I look forward to that more than anything, and I’m hoping it can turn out as good as I can see it in my head.”

Source : www.cbr.com

Newsarama évoque ce projet à nouveau, à l’occasion d’un article parlant du lancement d’un label « auteur », le « Black Label », qui promet de belles choses. Reste à espérer que ce soit autre chose qu’un effet de manche, et que ça dure un peu.

https://www.newsarama.com/38970-dc-launch-new-creator-driven-black-label-line-with-miller-deconnick-snyder-more.html

Jim

D’après le communiqué de DC, Superman : Year One passe d’un graphic novel de 100 pages à une mini-série en 3 épisodes.

Le titre de Frank Miller et John Romita Jr lancera le « Black Label » de DC en août.

SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE from Frank Miller (THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT: MASTER RACE) and John Romita Jr. (ALL-STAR BATMAN, SUPERMAN)
A groundbreaking, definitive treatment of Superman’s classic origin story in honor of his 80th anniversary. This story details new revelations that reframe the Man of Steel’s most famous milestones—from Kal-El’s frantic exile from Krypton, to Clark Kent’s childhood in Kansas, to his inevitable rise to become the most powerful and inspiring superhero of all time.

superman_year_one_-_embed_2018

Source : www.thehollywoodreporter.com

M’ouaif. On verra.
Pour Batman : Year One, on avait deux auteurs au top. Après Born Again - déjà un monument - la team M&M’s frappait fort.
Là…

C’est marrant comme l’histoire a tendance à se répéter ; le « Man Without Fear » de la même équipe créative était lui aussi prévu sous la forme d’un graphic novel au départ, pour être finalement transformé en mini-série.

Danny Miki se chargera de l’encrage :

Janson n’était pas dispo ?

Premier aperçu :

SupermanYearOne11

SupermanYearOne12

SupermanYearOne13

Source : www.dccomics.com

Y a quelque chose de pas désagréable dans l’encrage de Miki : il parvient à rester fidèle à certains tics du dessinateur tout en rajoutant de la précision et de la profondeur, du soin.

Jim

Sur le Superman de Johns, JR² était déjà encré par Miki ?

Non, c’était Klaus Janson.

Ceci expliquant cela !

Il faut maintenant prier pour que ce ne soit pas Dean White qui colorise.

Sortie repoussée en novembre.

Après avoir été repoussée à deux reprises, la mini-série Superman : Year One sera finalement publiée cette année.

Le premier épisode sortira en juin et les deux autres en août et en octobre.

Ci-dessous, les couvertures des 3 numéros par John Romita Jr :

1-Superman-Year1-CVR1

2-Superman-Year1-CVR2

3-Superman-Year1-CVR3

Le recueil est prévu pour novembre. La couverture par Frank Miller :

4-Superman-Year1-collection

SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE is a coming-of-age story for the future Man of Steel, featuring a young alien-boy just trying to find his place in a new world. Faced with the need to hide his heritage and powers in order to survive, Clark will find his humanity through the grounding of the Kent family and the relationships that will define the man he will become. Told by two of the most revered voices in comics, SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE is more than a superhero story – it’s about the choices made by Clark Kent on his path to becoming a legend. It’s a testament to the importance of choosing to become a hero.

Source : www.cbr.com