THANOS #13-18 (Donny Cates / Geoff Shaw)

Cet automne, Marvel Comics donnera le coup d’envoi d’une nouvelle initiative intitulée MARVEL LEGACY. Marvel annonce un retour aux sources, à l’ancienne numérotation des plus vieux titres de son catalogue, des récits qui seront des points d’entrée idéals…un accent mis sur les personnages iconiques mais sans oublier la nouvelle génération du Marvel NOW.
Bref, « de l’espoir, du plaisir, du fun, du sense of wonder » !

Marvel a dévoilé une salve de 52 (!) titres par le biais de couvertures teasers rendant hommage à une illustration passée. La numérotation et les équipes créatives n’ont pas encore été révélées.

La série Thanos continuera après le départ de Jeff Lemire :

La série Thanos débutera l’ère LEGACY avec le #13 et un arc intitulé « Thanos Triumphant ».

Après le départ de Jeff Lemire, la série Thanos sera reprise par le duo Donny Cates (le nouveau scénariste de Doctor Strange) et Geoff Shaw, déjà à l’oeuvre sur les séries Buzzkill et The Paybacks chez Dark Horse et God Country chez Image.

Donny Cates : “I keep coming up with ideas that are just so darkly brutal. I just understand him as a character and as a god. I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing…I don’t want to get too much into what I’m doing, but the basic idea is that…I believe every Marvel hero in the galaxy, if you were to catch them on a dark day and asked them how the world was going to end, they’d say, ‘Thanos, of course.’ He’s just always there.”

Geoff Shaw : “I’m just excited. I get to draw everything. It’s just so big and out there. Not to belabor the point, but Donny told me the pitch too, and I was like, ‘Really?’ It’s out there, it’s crazy, it’s huge.”

Source : www.cbr.com

Cette série résiste, dis donc !

THANOS #13

DONNY CATES (W) • GEOFF SHAW (A/C)

THANOS WINS Part 1

Ask the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe how they fear the universe will end, and in their most honest moment, they will answer with two words… THANOS WINS. Now… see what happens when he does.

Interview de Donny Cates (via IGN) :

IGN: How will Thanos embrace the idea of Marvel Legacy?

Donny Cates: No one has risen higher and fallen faster than the Mad Titan. Over the years Thanos has come closer to victory than probably any other Marvel villain and has been met with defeat every single time. I mean, he famously killed half of all life in the universe and still wound up on the wrong end of the scorecard. Time and time again, we have seen Thanos falter on the edge of glory. And I for one think it’s about damn time the devil got his due.

We’re going to show you what happens when Thanos wins. And just how…horrific that would really be. For everyone.

IGN: Thanos has had a pretty rough time in his solo series thus far, but now it sounds like he’s going to come out a winner. What can you tell us about what has changed for Thanos?

Cates: Yeah, Jeff Lemire’s run was (IS) just incredible. It was exactly the kind of high-stakes cosmic adventures that I LOVE in Thanos stories. Equal parts grand and poetic and « punch it until it dies » intense. So when Jordan D. White, our editor, offered me the gig, I knew immediately what I wanted to do, and how I was going to do it. Jeff had laid such a strong foundational voice on the book, It was very easy to step into the character and the tone, while also making the book my own.

I’m also just kind of a cosmic Marvel nut and Thanos fanboy already, so this has just been a blast for me.

So yeah, I can’t tell you much in the way of what, exactly, precipitates Thanos’ victory in our story, or even the modality by which it’s achieved. But I can tell you that this is perhaps the strangest and most unbelievably brutal story I have ever written. I’m continually shocked by the things Marvel lets me get away with on this.

I’m not exaggerating whatsoever when I tell you this book has given me nightmares. It’s been hard to shake this one off when I clock off for the day. And let me tell you… having Thanos, especially THIS Thanos in your head when you close your eyes is not something I would inflict on anyone.

IGN: What threats and antagonists can we expect Thanos to clash with now that he’s in such a powerful position?

Cates: Threats? The story is titled Thanos WINS.

You’re assuming there’s anyone in the Marvel universe that’s still breathing…

THANOS #13
Lenticular Homage (LH) Variant Cover by JACEN BURROWS
Legacy Headshot Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE
Trading Card Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
THANOS WINS Part 1
Ask the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe how they fear the universe will end, and in their most honest moment, they will answer with two words… THANOS WINS. Now… see what happens when he does.PLUS: Includes 3 bonus MARVEL PRIMER PAGES!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

THANOS #14
DONNY CATES (W) • GEOFF SHAW (A)
Cover by Geoff Shaw
Phoenix Variant Cover by RAHZZAH
THANOS WINS Part 2
• Thanos has journeyed to the end of time to the moment of his complete victory…and he’s not happy with what he sees!
• Writer Donny Cates and artist Geoff Shaw (God Country) continue the tale of the Mad Titan’s biggest glory and ultimate shame!

Source : www.newsarama.com

THANOS #15
THANOS WINS Part 3
As King Thanos and his Rider prepare to face the coming forces of the Fallen One, he surveys the Universe he’s dominated…just a king and his dog. His big…green…dog…

ça a l’air franchement pas mal. J’avais vraiment apprécié ce que les deux auteurs ont fait chez les indépendants (surtout Buzzkill et sa suite). J’ai hâte de voir ce qu’ils donnent chez Marvel. Et j’avoue que le rédacteur qui les a foutu sur une série comme Thanos, il a eu le nez creux. Tard, mais creux.

Mais la tête de Thanos a rétréci ?

Je me dis la même chose.
Je découvre les Doctor Strange de Cates, qui sont sans doute la première chose que je lis de lui, et je trouve ça très sympa. Je vais goûter leurs Thanos, je crois.

Jim

THANOS #16
DONNY CATES (w) • GEOFF SHAW (a/C)
THANOS WINS Part 4
• The secret origins of King Thanos’ right-hand man, the cosmic spirit of vengeance, Ghost Rider!
• Just who IS this madman and how did he become allies with the most evil man in the Universe?

Cette couverture est complètement folle j’adore !

Il paraît qu’il pourrait reprendre les FF.

Galactus fait attention à sa gorge !

Ca me fait tellement mal Galactuc fringué en Hope avec les armes de Cable, mais vraiment mal.

J’ai lu les numéros 13 & 14, et c’est plutôt pas mal. C’est effectivement brutal mais comme souvent avec Cates mâtiné d’une bonne couche d’humour. Et comme ses Doctor Strange, ça se lit agréablement.

Je n’avais pas prévu de m’y mettre si tôt mais, intrigué par le Ghost Rider cosmique, j’ai hâté ma lecture.
Cosmic_Ghost_Rider
Et je n’ai pas été déçu, si le Ghost Rider cosmique n’est, dans ces 2 numéros, qu’un second rôle, Donny Cates lui donne suffisamment d’épaisseur (et de répliques), pour le doter des bougies d’allumage nécessaires pour en faire un acteur de premier plan pour le « fresh start » de la Marvel.

THANOS #17
VARIANT COVER BY CHRISTIAN WARD
THANOS WINS Part 5
THE SURFER STRIKES! Thanos and his future self take on the most powerful opposition to his reign left in the universe – Norrin Radd. Can even two Thanoses crack his Cosmic Shell?

Donny Cates annonce la fin de la série Thanos au #18.

THANOS #18 will, in fact, be @GeoffShaw12 and I’s final issue, and the final issue of the Thanos run for the time being. I want to emphasize that this was OUR call, and it serves a higher story-related reason. Expect to see BIG Thanos stuff this summer. And thank you all SO MUCH.

DERNIER NUMERO !

Thanos #18

(W) Donny Cates (A/CA) Geoff Shaw
AT LONG LAST…THANOS WINS!
When there is nothing left to kill, Death comes…to the one who loves her most - KING THANOS. How will the fantastic saga of Thanos, King Thanos and the Cosmic Ghost Rider end?
Parental Advisory
In Shops: Apr 11, 2018
SRP: $3.99

Source : www.theavclub.com