THANOS: THE INFINITY REVELATION (Jim Starlin)

[quote=« Jim Starlin »]It’s like visiting old friends. I had a certain amount of trepidation coming back and working here just because I hadn’t done this sort of work in a while and they started me off with a 100-page story. Marvel doesn’t believe in half measures. [Laughs]

It’s gone very well. Originally Mark Bagley was supposed to draw this story, but his schedule prevented him from doing so and something I was supposed to write couldn’t happen just yet. So I took on the penciling job as well. That was the part I was a little bit hesitant on. It worked out tremendously well though, and Andy Smith is doing a bang up job on the inking. Frank D’Armata is our colorist and his pages are just looking terrific.[/quote]

[size=200]INTERVIEW DE JIM STARLIN[/size]

Thanos est de nouveau du coté des héros?

(En même temps,c’est comme ça que je le préfère).

Quand je vois ses dessins ces dernières années, je me demande s’il a changé l’inclinaison de sa table à dessin ou s’il a un problème de vue.
Les contre-plongées sont toutes bizarres et son Surfer est raté pour moi.

L’artiste Jim Starlin à accordé une interview rétrospective sur le personnage de Adam Warlock au site Newsarama. Il y parle notamment de la création d’un l’univers « Galactique » à l’époque de ses études, du rapport entre Darkseid et Thanos, de Pip « Kirby » le Troll, et de l’influence qu’a eu l’afro-américaine Angela Davis sur le design de Magus.

[size=200]INTERVIEW DE JIM STARLIN - PARTIE 1[/size]

Deuxième (et dernière) partie de l’interview rétrospective sur Jim Starlin. L’auteur revient sur la création de Gamora, le rapport entre Warlock et la série Le Prisonnier, sa rencontre fortuite avec Archie Goodwin, et le Warlock géant (!):

[quote=« Jim Starlin »]It wasn’t all planned…there was that plan for Warlock to kill himself as part of the storyline I had already done, the scene that repeated itself in Avengers Annual.

But most of the time, I don’t like planning out too far ahead. I like to be spontaneous, make decisions, and go, “Hey! That inspired me! I want to do more with that!” But when I started Warlock, I had no idea where it was going.[/quote]

[size=200]INTERVIEW DE JIM STARLIN - PARTIE 2[/size]

3 pages de Thanos : The Infinity Revelation par Jim Starlin :

euh… Juste comme ça, pourquoi il y a 2 têtes de thanos et une tête de (warlock?) qui se baladent sur la seconde planche? ^^

Une scène de flashback, peut-être, ou Adam et Thanos qui discutent d’une vieille bataille…à voir plus tard avec la version lettrée…

[quote]STORY BY
Jim Starlin

ART BY
Jim Starlin

COVER BY
Jim Starlin

PUBLISHER
Marvel Comics

RELEASE DATE
Wed, August 6th, 2014

The Mad Titan embarks on a new journey next Wednesday in Thanos: The Infinity Revelation OGN, the all-new Marvel OGN from comics legend Jim Starlin! But first, Marvel is proud to present a new lettered preview of the newest entry in Marvel’s all new Original Graphic Novel line. Featuring the world’s most popular characters brought to life by the best creators, Marvel’s new OGNs debut in a high-end, oversized format featuring sophisticated packaging and design. Witness as master storyteller Jim Starlin (The Infinity Gauntlet, Captain Marvel) returns to the cosmic arena for a new story featuring his most famous creation Thanos! With his once sworn enemy Adam Warlock at his side, he’ll cross paths with the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Silver Surfer, the Badoon, the Annihilators and ultimately, Death herself!

As Thanos and Warlock square off against some of the most powerful beings in the universe, but to what ends? And when the dust settles, what will remain? Prepare for an epic tale of death and rebirth that will leave the Titan changed in Thanos: The Infinity Revealation OGN – on sale in comic shops and book stores everywhere next Wednesday, August 6th![/quote]

Mouais. Comme un air de déjà (trop ?) vu…

Possible, oui. En revanche, j’aime beaucoup les dessins !