THE BOYS : DEAR BECKY #1-8 (Garth Ennis / Russ Braun)

Le scénariste Garth Ennis retrouve l’univers de The Boys à l’occasion d’une mini-série intitulée The Boys : Dear Becky. Cette suite du comic-book publié entre 2006 et 2012 se déroulera douze ans après le dernier épisode, alors que le mariage entre Hughie et Starlight est menacé par un mystérieux document qui promet de révéler la répugnante vérité sur leur passé et les actions des Boys. Et comme le titre l’indique, Becky, la femme de Billy Butcher, aura un rôle important dans ce récit construit en flashbacks.

Darrick Robertson s’occupe des couvertures de la mini-série qui sera dessinée par Russ Braun (Jimmy’s Bastards). La publication débutera en avril.

the-boys-dear-becky-1

the-boys-dear-becky-2

Source : www.comicsbeat.com

Garth Ennis :

“Originally I never intended to do more with The Boys at all, but for obvious reasons I’ve found myself thinking about the story and characters again over the past couple of years. There was one aspect of the original story and one character in particular that I never felt got a fair shake—Becky Butcher, whose demise motivates her husband Billy to do the terrible things he does, but who only actually appears in two issues of the original book. I liked writing Becky very much, almost as much as Butcher himself, and I wanted to look in greater detail at how her relatively brief appearance cast such a long shadow.”

L’équipe de folie !

C’est clair, on va se régaler

Premier aperçu :

the-boys-21

the-boys-31

the-boys-4

(W) Garth Ennis (A) Russell Braun (CA) Darick Robertson
As Hughie’s discoveries take him down a highly dangerous rabbit hole, what he learns about the good old days reveals a strangely conflicted Butcher- at the worst possible time, as the Boys investigate a particularly insidious supe threat.
In Shops: Jul 01, 2020
SRP: $3.99

Source : www.newsarama.com

boys7c

THE BOYS: DEAR BECKY #7

Written by: Garth Ennis.

Art by: Russell Braun.

Cover by: Darick Robertson.

Description: Butcher comes clean about why he’s doing what he’s doing, while Annie helps Hughie understand a few truths of his own. It’s time for the Boys to clean house- which for Julian Baxter Pugh and the Skorchers, might just be very bad news indeed…

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: December 2.

DERNIER NUMERO !

THE BOYS: DEAR BECKY #8

Written by: Garth Ennis.

Art by: Russell Braun.

Cover by: Darick Robertson.

Description: With the aid of some old familiar faces, Hughie’s globetrotting efforts to discover the origin of Becky’s diary finally bear fruit – but is he ready to face the shadowy figure behind the conspiracy that almost destroyed him? Old debts are paid and old scores settled, as the last story of The Boys comes to its conclusion.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: December 30.

«ce que j ai fait de plus horrible, c est d utiliser toutes ces choses que tu m as apprises, pour me rendre pire encore »

Garth ennis écrit les meilleurs histoires d amour des comics. Je l ai dit et redit. Et une fois encore…