THE EMPTY MAN #1-8 (Cullen Bunn / Jesus Hervas)

Parce qu’il n’a visiblement pas besoin de dormir, le scénariste Cullen Bunn ajoute une nouvelle série à son planning bien chargé avec le retour de The Empty Man, quatre ans après la mini-série dessinée par Vanesa R. Del Rey.

Le monde est toujours en proie à l’épidémie meurtrière appelée « L’Homme Vide » dans ce nouveau volume dessiné par Jesus Hervas (Penny Dreadful). Le numéro 1 sortira en novembre.

Cullen Bunn : « Why am I writing this book now? I guess I could say the Empty Man made me do it. The original run of The Empty Man came out during a time of great uncertainty and fear in my life. The story, with its air of surreal dread and horror, seemed to mirror a lot of what was going on in my head. It’s only fitting, then, that we return to The Empty Man now, during another strange and uncertain time in my life. Maybe unease and unpredictability and restlessness are part of the sorcery that calls The Empty Man into existence. I always knew it would come back. The story is so much larger and stranger than the tale that’s already been told. If you haven’t read the original limited series, don’t despair. The new book sets everything up for you. There’s a new mystery to be solved and new horrors to be revealed. And, for those of you who have read the original series, there will be plenty of connective tissue to grab onto. The world of The Empty Man is only getting weirder as the influence of this terrifying unseen force continues to spread. »

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

Je me disais bien que ça faisait longtemps qu’il n’avait pas présenté une nouvelle série !

Nouvel aperçu :

EmptyMan-001-Main-PROMO-2

EmptyMan-001-InteriorArt1-PROMO

EmptyMan-001-InteriorArt2-PROMO

EmptyMan-001-InteriorArt3-PROMO

Source : www.cbr.com

Graphiquement, c’est pas mal.

Jim

THE EMPTY MAN #1

Written by: Cullen Bunn.

Art by: Jesus Hervas.

Covers by: Vanesa R. Del Rey, Jesus Hervas.

Description: The nation is still in the grips of the terrible Empty Man pandemic. Government quarantines are mandatory, so for Melissa Kerry, one of the afflicted, the next step should be to isolate her – but those who enter the system are never seen again. Melissa’s family won’t let that happen. All they have to do is care for her, keep her worsening condition a secret – and they’ll do anything, trust anyone, to keep her safe.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Nov. 7.

THE EMPTY MAN #2

Description: Terror rises as the Empty Man pandemic continues to ravage entire populations, tearing families apart and bringing the afflicted together to commit heinous acts of violence with no end or relief in sight. The Kerry family continues to struggle with Melissa’s early stages of the disease as the rest of the world unravels and the mystery deepens. What compels the victims to perpetrate such twisted savagery on themselves and others? What do they really see when they hallucinate the Empty Man? And does the disease simply unleash the rage and madness within or is the Empty Man who makes them do these things real?

In stores: Dec. 12.

THE EMPTY MAN #3

Description: Chaos descends on the Kerry family’s neighborhood as the mysterious cult known as the Whisper Oracles engages in a full-fledged assault to « save » their mother.

In stores: Jan. 2.

THE EMPTY MAN #4

Description: Hell has broken loose in the neighborhood, and the Kerry family must flee to escape the deadly effects of the Empty Man virus.

In stores: Feb. 6.

THE EMPTY MAN #5

Description: The Empty Man disease is going viral in more ways than one, as a deadly enemy taps into the nation’s television signals to broadcast their message.

In stores: March 13.

Graphiquement, c’est pas mal.

Jim

Oui, je trouve aussi. ça donne vraiment une ambiance particulière.

The Empty Man #6

Publisher : BOOM! Studios
Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Jesús Hervás
Colorist : Niko Guardia
Letterer : Ed Dukeshire
Cover Artists:
Main Cover:
Vanesa R. Del Rey
Preorder Cover: Jesús Hervás
Price : $3.99

As the cults around The Empty Man virus gain more power, there may be nowhere that’s safe for the Kerry family anymore.

Source : www.graphicpolicy.com

The Empty Man #7

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Jesús Hervás
Colorist: Niko Guardia
Letterer: Ed Dukeshire

Cover Artists:
Main Cover: Vanesa R. Del Rey
Preorder Cover: Jesús Hervás

SRP: $3.99

After the return of someone long thought dead, Jensen and the Kerry family might finally have the reinforcements needed to stave off the Empty Man’s advances once and for all.

Source : www.popculthq.com

The Empty Man,c’est un genre de croque-mitaine?

Il me fait penser au garçon à la batte dans « Paranoia Agent »…

THE EMPTY MAN #8

Description: Final issue. Jensen and the Kerry family make one last desperate attempt to stop the Empty Man’s signal before the world is completely lost.

In stores: June 12.