THE PUNISHER #218-228 (Matthew Rosenberg / Guiu Vilanova)

Cet automne, Marvel Comics donnera le coup d’envoi d’une nouvelle initiative intitulée MARVEL LEGACY. Marvel annonce un retour aux sources, à l’ancienne numérotation des plus vieux titres de son catalogue, des récits qui seront des points d’entrée idéals…un accent mis sur les personnages iconiques mais sans oublier la nouvelle génération du Marvel NOW.
Bref, “de l’espoir, du plaisir, du fun, du sense of wonder” !

Marvel a dévoilé une salve de 52 (!) titres par le biais de couvertures teasers rendant hommage à une illustration passée. La numérotation et les équipes créatives n’ont pas encore été révélées.

Frank Castle…dans l’armure de War Machine !

Ca me fait penser à du Manco.

L’air de rien, le Punisher dans l’armure, c’est un peu plus trippant que Fatalis ou Riri. Il y a plus à faire.

ça fait sens en plus. Après Punisher War Zone, voilà la série Punisher War Machine !
ça va donner des idées à Niko pour blog en l’an 2105 …

La série The Punisher débutera l’ère LEGACY avec le #218 et un arc intitulé “Frank Castle : War Machine”.

Marvel a dévoilé la nouvelle équipe créative de The Punisher : Matthew Rosenberg (Rocket Raccoon, Secret Warriors…) au scénario et Guiu Vilanova (Slayer : Repentless, Weird Detective) aux dessins.

As for where the idea came from, my editor Jake Thomas brought it to me. It took me a second to really get it. I love War Machine and Rhodey. I love him as a character and what he stands for. In a lot of ways, he is this optimistic view of what our government and our military stand for. Like Cap, he is the best of us going above and beyond to keep all of us safe and free. And obviously, he is much more than that too.

But none of that is what Frank is.

Frank is the inverted nightmare version of that. He is all the anger and hatred and vengeance that is built into our society, personified. The Punisher brings up a lot of uncomfortable questions about who we are as a society and what we are willing to let happen and what we’d like to see done. So, putting Frank in Rhodey’s armor felt so wrong to me at first. It felt almost blasphemous. It wasn’t until I realized this wasn’t a superhero story anymore that I got it. This isn’t a celebration of the Punisher taking on the mantle of War Machine and becoming a hero. This is a look into how easily War Machine can become overshadowed by the Punisher when it falls into the wrong hands.

INTERVIEW DES AUTEURS

La couverture du #219 par Clayton Crain :

The Punisher #218
SEP170838
(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A) Guiu Vilanova (CA) Clayton Crain
FRANK CASTLE: WAR MACHINE Part 1
For years, Frank Castle has been fighting a one-man war against criminals who endanger the innocent, but when a certain one-eyed operative offers him the tools to take his fight global…how could he say no? Find out how Frank found his way into the WAR MACHINE Armor! PLUS: Includes 3 bonus MARVEL PRIMER PAGES!
Parental Advisory
In Shops: Nov 15, 2017
SRP: $3.99

Source : www.comicbook.com

THE PUNISHER #219

Written by: Matthew Rosenberg.

Art by: Guiu Vilanova.

Cover by: Clayton Crain.

Description: “Frank Castle: War Marchine,” part two. Frank enters enemy territory, and he does not enter quietly! But there’s more to this land than just war. Can Frank navigate both the soldiers and citizens?

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Dec. 13.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

THE PUNISHER #220

Description: “Frank Castle: War Marchine,” part three. Frank’s torn through General Petrov’s soldiers and tanks, but an even deadlier force has Frank in their sights. A trap is set, with innocent lives on the line. Can Frank save the endangered civilians? Can he even save himself?

In stores: Jan. 10.

THE PUNISHER #221

Description: “Frank Castle: War Marchine,” part four. With a damaged suit of armor, Frank’s got one hand tied behind his back going up against the rogue former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. But if they think a damaged suit is going to make Frank less dangerous, they’ve got another thing coming.

In stores: Feb. 14.

THE PUNISHER #222

Description: “Frank Castle: War Machine,” part five. General Petrov ups the ante by demanding Punisher leave Chernaya or he’ll launch a nuclear weapon. The General should know, you do not play chicken with the Punisher.

In stores: March 14.

THE PUNISHER #224

Art by: Stefano Landini.

Description: Back in the U.S. of A. Frank Castle brings the War Machine armor back to the good old USA! Better armed than ever before, nothing can stand in the way of the Punisher’s mission. Well, that is, unless Captain Marvel and other heroes of the Marvel Universe have something to say about it!

In stores: May 16.

Source www.comicscontinuum.com

THE PUNISHER #225

Art by: Guiu Villanova.

Description: Guiu • Frank Castle is a man on the run! With his War Machine armor being tracked, Frank needs to stay one step ahead of Nick Fury if he wants to keep a handle on this heavy artillery. • And for what the Punisher’s got planned…he’s gonna need IT!

In stores: May 30.

THE PUNISHER #226

Art by: Stefano Landini.

Description: Frank Castle vs. Hydra Nation! After being used by Evil Steve Rogers during “Secret Empire,” Frank Castle is out for revenge. First on Frank’s big targets list: Baron Zemo. But Frank’s not the only one who hasn’t shaken off the specter of Hydra Nation, and Zemo may have a few surprises of his own.

In stores: June 13.

The Punisher #227

Matthew Rosenberg (W), Stefano Landini, Lee Loughridge (A)
Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
ROAD TRIP TO HELL!

• The Punisher and Black Widow go off the grid on a secret mission of revenge!
  • Frank and Natasha are now Most Wanted by heroes and villains alike!
  • The War Machine armor is busted, and with the forces coming down on our heroes, they’re going to need every bit of firepower they can get.
    32 pages, $3.99.

Source : www.adventuresinpoortaste.com

THE PUNISHER #228

Description: The Punisher and Black Widow go off the grid on a secret mission of revenge! Frank and Natasha are now Most Wanted by heroes and villains alike! The War Machine armor is busted, and with the forces coming down on our heroes, they’re going to need every bit of firepower they can get.

In stores: July 25.