VALHALLA MAD #1 (Joe Casey / Paul Maybury)

Gods coming to Earth, having fun, doing a little drinking.

Le scénariste Joe Casey (Godland) retrouvera le talentueux dessinateur Paul Maybury (Catalyst Comix) pour raconter le retour de trois dieux sur une Terre qui leur parait bien étrangère.

Le premier numéro de Valhalla Mad devrait paraitre au début de l’année 2015.

http://imageshack.com/a/img901/5176/32f237.jpg

Liens
Le site de l’éditeur: imagecomics.com
Le site de Paul Maybury: paulmaybury.com

[quote]Valhalla Mad #1
Story by Joe Casey
Art by Paul Maybury
Cover by Paul Maybury, Nick Pitarra
Publisher Image Comics
Cover Price: $3.50
Release Date May 20th, 2015
Their names are legend: the Glorious Knox! Greghorn the Battlebjörn! Jhago the Irritator! Three warrior gods vacationing on Earth, just looking to get their drink on and have a good time! Join the drunken festivities with toastmasters JOE CASEY (SEX) and PAUL MAYBURY (SOVEREIGN). The new mythology begins now![/quote]

Source: www.comicbookresources.com

[quote=“Maybury”]In both instances Joe’s written stories that riff of classic methods that are dear to him. I love the challenge of stretching my own abilitie,s and I get to develop all sorts of new storytelling muscles on these projects.

Joe’s known for packing a cosmic punch with his stories, but I can’t wait for people to find out how down to earth Valhalla Mad is in contrast.[/quote]

[quote=“Joe Casey”]Obviously, when you read the comic, its influences should be pretty obvious. Hopefully, we’re taking it someplace beyond its influences, but we set out to use a specific set of storytelling tools to get our story across.

In terms of the vernacular… I can tell you that it ain’t easy coming up with that stuff and making it sound authentic. Even in its pomposity, there’s an authenticity that has to be there, otherwise it’s just too ridiculous.

As it is, it’s still ridiculous, but in the best possible way.[/quote]

[size=150]INTERVIEW DE PAUL MAYBURY & JOE CASEY[/size]