WINTER SOLDIER #1-5 (Kyle Higgins / Rod Reis)

Vous connaissez son nom. Vous savez ce qu’il a fait.
Et maintenant que le Soldat de l’Hiver a trouvé la rédemption, il va aider d’autres personnes à suivre le même chemin…même si ce n’est pas aussi facile qu’il le pense…

Après les séries C.O.W.L. et Hadrian’s Wall publiées par Image Comics, le scénariste Kyle Higgins et le dessinateur Rod Reis collaborent à nouveau pour raconter la prochaine aventure de Bucky Barnes, alias le Soldat de l’Hiver.

Winter Soldier est une mini-série en 5 épisodes. Le #1 sortira en décembre.

Ci-dessous, une couverture par Rod Reis :

WINTERSOLDIER001_CVR-600x910

Source : www.bleedingcool.com

Kyle Higgins : As someone with quite a bit of experience writing grown up sidekicks, I know firsthand how important it is to define the character outside of their relationship with their mentor. Since being freed from Soviet brainwashing, Bucky has done a massive amount of work to atone for his sins–becoming Captain America, spending time in the Gulag, dying to save the world… in many ways, he’s found redemption. So, what’s next for him? He’s going to help other people do the same.

As someone who grew up loving sidekicks, I’ve been fascinated by Bucky Barnes for as long as I’ve been reading comics. Then, in 2005, I fell in love with the character all over again thanks to Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting’s incredible Winter Soldier run. Now, along with one of my favorite artists in comics, I’m thrilled to be taking Bucky Barnes on his next journey.

Rod Reis : To be able to work with a character that has such a rich legacy and striking visual identity is really exciting. Taking Bucky forward and building a world unique to him – one that still respects his past – is an artist’s dream. I can’t wait for people to see what we’ve come up with.

cool

Le flingue plus gros que la moto, c’est un gag ?

Ou un hommage à Liefeld :laughing: (pas le seul de toute façon à tomber dans ce genre de travers ou d’hyperbole).
SX360_QL80_TTD

Le « badass guys lift heavy guns », plus fort que le « cool guys don’t look at explosions » ? :laughing:

Joli tandem créatif.
Même si Bucky se cherche clairement une orientation depuis le départ de Brubaker.

…qui commence à dater !

wintersoldier1c

WINTER SOLDIER #1

Written by: Kyle Higgins.

Art by: Rod Reis.

Cover by: Rod Reis.

Description: Bucky Barnes believes in second chances. Having escaped death, the loss of identity, and a life of murder, the man known as the Winter Soldier has worked hard to atone for his sins. But now…he’s going to go one step further. What do you do when you’ve found redemption? You help others do the same. The next chapter in the saga of the Winter Soldier. He’s becoming a « fixer, » working to help others leave behind lives of crime. It’s Bucky’s way of channeling his own pain in a productive, personal way…by helping others find the redemption that he found. However, as Bucky is going to learn, not all paths are the same…and not everyone can be « saved. »

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Dec. 5.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

wintersoldier2c

WINTER SOLDIER #2

Description: As Bucky works to help others find the redemption that he found, Hydra takes issue with his new initiative…and sends a young killer to rectify the situation. Introducing R.J., teenage assassin extraordinaire, who’s been sent to kill the man he’s been modeled after: the Winter Soldier.

In stores: Jan. 2.

WINTER SOLDIER #3

Description: Having pulled RJ out of HYDRA, Bucky begins diving into the mystery of the young killer’s past. Where does he come from? Who are his parents? How do you rehabilitate someone who’s only ever known death? You give him something new to live for.

In stores: Feb. 13.

A face from the past returns at a pivotal time in RJ’s deprogramming. But is his return too good to be true? Or is Bucky just being paranoid? What lengths is he willing to go to keep RJ safe? An issue filled with shocking choices.

Written by : Kyle Higgins
Art by : Rod Reis
Cover by : Rod Reis
Page Count : 23 Pages
Release Date : March 13 2019
Age Rating : 12+ Only

Source : www.adventuresinpoortaste.com

ws5_1

Winter Soldier #5
(W) Kyle Higgins (A/CA) Rod Reis
Bucky and RJ must come to terms with RJ’s new life and Bucky’s brash decision. Will RJ accept the truth? Or has Bucky lost him for good? An ending filled with answers and regret!
Rated T+
In Shops: Apr 10, 2019
SRP: $3.99

ws5_2

ws5_3

Source : www.bleedingcool.com

Ca vaut quoi ?
J’aime bien l’équipe créative, mais Bucky seul me passionne peu.