AVENGERS : TWILIGHT #1-5 (Chip Zdarsky / Daniel Acuña)

L’équivalent chez Marvel du Justice League: Last Ride par le même Zdarsky ?

Un crossover avec des vampires ?

Déjà fait (officieusement).

BladeTwilight

2 « J'aime »

Le trailer donne envie.

1 « J'aime »

La couverture variante du #1 par Frank Miller :

2 « J'aime »

Yeah, miller !

Pas trop mal.

Aperçu :

sans moi j’aime toujours pas Acuna.

Avengers: Twilight #1

In a gleaming new world of prosperity, Captain America is no more. But Steve Rogers still exists, floating through an America where freedom is an illusion, where THE AVENGERS are strangers and his friends are long dead. But is the Dream? How do you assemble Avengers in a world that doesn’t want them?

PLUS: A behind-the-scenes look at the making of this issue!

Creative Team

• Writer: Chip Zdarsky
  • Artist: Daniel Acuña
  • Colorist: Guru-eFX
  • Letterer: VC’s Clayton Cowles
  • Designer: Tom Muller
  • **Standard Cover Artist(s):**Alex Ross
    Variant Cover Artist(s): Daniel Acuña; Felipe Massafera; Frank Miller; Leinil Francis Yu; Skottie Young; Simone Bianchi; InHyuk Lee; Davide Paratore
  • Editor(s): J
  • Associate Editor:
  • Format: Limited Series
  • Page Count/Cover Price: 48 pages/$5.99

Can the future be avenged when the people don’t want the heroes in Avengers: Twilight #1, on shelves and digital platforms on Wednesday, January 17, 2024, from Marvel Comics

You have no idea how long AVENGERS TWILIGHT has been cooking, so it’s a great feeling to see it finally begin to come to fruition. I began working on it in 2016 as an evergreen project inspired by a conversation that I’d had with then-EIC Axel Alonso and VP of Sales David Gabriel about the huge success DC was then having with DARK KNIGHT III . I came up with the core idea of TWILIGHT then, but there wasn’t a good window for it, so I kept picking away at it in teh background every now and then, occasionally attempting to recruit a creative team to make it a real book. Finally, once SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY was finished, Chip Zdarsky was looking to do something similar in my office, and I sent him all of the notes that I’d put together. We rapidly settled on Daniel Acuna as the artist, and got the book under way. That was in 2019, and the intention was to have it released in 2020. But then the pandemic hit, and the whole industry went through convulsions, such that we’re only, finally, getting this project out now. That said, I think it’s a truly super-cool series, one that Chip and Daniel have made their own and which I hope will surprise you. I’m very proud of it, and it’s going to wind up being the very last AVENGERS thing that I edit before handing over the reins. Alex Ross also helped out by doing a series of spectacular covers, each of which is designed to be combined with the others to form a larger group image.

C’est une sorte d’Avengers 2099 ?

Plus proche d’un The End (il y avait déjà eu The Last Avengers Story dans les 90’s).

1 « J'aime »

Si cest du meme niv que Life Story.

1 « J'aime »

J espere meilleur, life story etait dans le genre moins reussi que générations de dc, ai je trouvé.

Ah, je pense l’inverse.

Début très prévisible mais sympathique.
Chip Zdarsky scénarise ce projet ancien et porté par un Tom Brevoort sur le point de quitter la franchise ; le clin d’œil est rigolo ppur ce récit de héros vieillissants qui vont tenter un dernier rush avant la fin. On a ici les évidences : futur déshumanisé où les héros sont oubliés, héritiers indignes et provocateurs (ici le fils de Tony et Jan en tenant du nouvel ordre mondial), complot obscur avec réécriture de l’histoire, drame fondateur ayant mené à la retraite des héros. Steve s’est rangé mais boue, il n’a plus de sérum mais s’emporte quand un reportage dit que Red Skull était un héros, puis il s’oppose à la brutalité policière et est récupéré par les résistants menés par Luke Cage qui lui redonnent des pouvoirs et une mission.
C’est sympathique, oui. Ça suit fidèlement le cahier des charges de The Dark Knight Returns, c’est un peu trop scolaire et Steve accepte un peu trop facilement de switcher, mais c’est fluide. Daniel Acuna se donne à fond, un peu trop car c’est souvent trop chargé mais c’est original et bien fait.

Solide à défaut de surprendre.

1 « J'aime »

J’ai immédiatement pensé à ça.

1 « J'aime »