GLORY #23-34 (Joe Keatinge / Ross Campbell)

faudrait que j’apprenne a utiliser ces trucs d’achat internet. des fois je vois passer des prix assez hallucinant quand meme.

Hormis ca, dernièrement les prix vo et vf se rapprochent assez, non ? Ou c’est juste une excuse que je me donne pour avoir craquer pour le tpb de fairest ?

Ca dépend ce que tu achètes.
Si tu payes les taxes en plus (pas de bol, mais la dernière fois ça m’est arrivé, la dernière fois que j’ai commandé directement aux US -c’était pas des comics, cette fois-), tu paieras plus.
En général, comme le dit Kab, ya quand même moyen de faire des petites affaires sur le net, pour la v.o. (pas pour les fascicules parcontre).

La série Glory se termine au #34:

[size=200]INTERVIEW DE L’ÉQUIPE CRÉATIVE[/size]

Mince alors.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Le numéro 30 montre Fantomas, Hemingway, Gertrude Stein et Pablo Picasso dans le Paris des années 20. Si c’est pas une raison suffisante pour découvrir cette série, ça…

1 « J'aime »

Pour ceux qui veulent en savoir plus

La critique du premier arc par Kab est disponible sur le site!

Lire la critique sur France-comics

La critique du second arc par Kab est disponible sur le site!

Lire la critique sur France-comics

[quote]GLORY #31
STORY BY Joe Keatinge
ART BY Ross Campbell
COVER BY Nate Bellegarde
PUBLISHER Image Comics
COVER PRICE: $3.99
RELEASE DATE Wed, January 2nd, 2013
« WAR TORN, » Part One
The entire first year of Joe Keatinge and Ross Campbell’s GLORY saga has been leading to this: Glory vs. Silverfall. PLUS: a special flashback sequence illustrated by Ulises Farinas finally revealing why Glory was near death when Riley found her.
[/quote]

source : www.comicbookresources.com

[quote]GLORY #32
story JOE KEATINGE
art ROSS CAMPBELL, OWEN GIENI, EMI LENOX, GREG HINKLE, SLOANE LEONG & JED DOUGHERTY
cover RICKEN
JANUARY 23
32 PAGES / FC / T+
$3.99
« WAR TORN, » Part Two
The dawn before war. Glory and her allies face inevitable death. With only hours left to live, everyone’s final moments are revealed in short stories illustrated by some of the greatest new talents in comics, including OWEN GIENI, GREG HINKLE, SLOANE LEONG, JED DOUGHERTY and a very special crossover with EMI LENOX’s EMITOWN!
[/quote]

source : www.comicsalliance.com.com

[size=200]INTERVIEW DE JOE KEATINGE[/size]

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6238/053te.jpg

[quote]Glory #33
Story by Joe Keatinge
Art by Ross Campbell
Cover by Ross Campbell
Publisher Image Comics
Cover Price: $3.99
Release Date Wed, March 6th, 2013
The penultimate issue of ROSS CAMPBELL and JOE KEATINGE 's GLORY saga ties threads together from its very beginning amidst the most brutal war Glory has ever fought.
Destinies will be realized. Lives will be destroyed. The end begins here.[/quote]

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7816/054xn.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6937/055em.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6193/056ug.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5944/057ri.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5073/058jyb.jpg

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/4236/059qc.jpg

Source: www.comicbookresources.com

[size=200]INTERVIEW DE JOE KEATINGE[/size]

Les mots de la fin de Joe Keatinge et Ross Campbell:

[quote=« Joe Keatinge »]On November 23rd, 2010, I got an e-mail from Eric Stephenson entitled, “So here’s a weird idea.”

That ‘weird idea’ was the Extreme line. Old Extreme concepts. New Extreme creators. Different directions that didn’t negate continuity ala Walt Simonson’s Thor and Frank Miller’s Daredevil.

No pressure.

Anyway, I pitched for the gig of writing Glory. I got it. Ross Campbell was brought on to draw.

It got announced. Interviews happened. Hype was made.

Then, on February 15th, 2012, this was on comic book shelves:

Our very first issue, GLORY #23.

A lot happened since. Glory killed a lot of monsters, then she met Riley Barnes. We got to know Henry, then Glory killed more monsters. Later on, a previously unknown family member showed up just before Ernest Hemingway fought Fantômas. Then other stuff happened, but if I told you about them, I’d spoil a lot about a series I hope you someday read if you haven’t already.

Today, April 3rd, 2013, this comes out:

Glory #34. The final issue.

It’s given me a lot to think about. A lot I want to say. A lot of people I want to thank.

There seems to be a some misunderstanding here. Sure, GLORY was never a sales sensation on the level of, say, SAGA, but it did well enough to keep on coming out. I also said way early on, before I had written much in the way of script, I thought this would go on for 70 issues.

In working on the book with Ross, I got to know the characters much like anyone who read it did. And in doing so, saw this was a series that wasn’t meant to go on forever, at least by Ross and me. It’s a very specific story, coming to a very specific ending. I hope when people read it, they get why we decided to end it where we did, instead of staying on a party that should have ended a long time ago. GLORY wasn’t cancelled. It was ended, by Ross and myself.

I’m a really lucky guy in that every project I’ve worked on has been a lot of fun, but GLORY ended up being a particularly exceptional experience. I never knew Ross personally (despite loving his art) before we worked together, but I ended up gaining one of the best pals a guy could hope for in addition to being an absolutely ideal collaborator. I can’t thank him enough for all he brought to the book in addition to how he inspired, challenged and grew me as a writer. So, the first thank you has to go to him. Thank you, Ross. You’re one of the greatest brothers-in-comics a guy could ever hope for.

This was the first major work-for-hire series I ever wrote and, due to its reception, is what launched my career. It’s a little bittersweet to see it go, but I’m eternally grateful to Eric and GLORY creator Rob Liefeld for giving us the opportunity to let loose on the character, coming to the conclusion we hoped to reach.

Rob and Eric never forced us to change a line or word and, if anything, encouraged us to keep pushing it in our direction, to try new and different things. This really took form in #29 on, when the series fully became one of the most personal works I’ve written yet and changed how I worked in the future. They both, especially Rob, tell me not to thank them, but I can’t help it. I owe them both so much.

We also had one amazing team with us. Ms,Shatia Hamilton, Joseph Bergin III, Charis Solis and Owen Gieni brought an breathtaking artistry to each and every issue, each with a unique, beautiful palette. Similarly, Douglas E. Sherwood and Ed Brisson made my words legible, working so well in a craft I feel goes so sorely under appreciated. In addition, our guest artists completed the vision we shared — so, to Roman Muradov, Ulises Farinas, Owen Gieni (again), Emi Lenox, Greg Hinkle, Jed Doughtery, Sloane Leong and cover artists Kris Anka, Nate Bellegarde and Ricken — thank you all.

We had another amazing team to work with on the side of Production. I have a huge bias here as I worked at the company for over six years, but the entire staff at Image Comics was so great in their support. So to all of you who worked on the book — Eric, of course, Jana Cook, Jonathan Chan, Vincent Kukua, Ron Richards, Branwyn Bigglestone, Emily Miller, Jennifer deGuzman and Drew Gill — thank you.

Launching such a different series is a tough thing to do in any market, even in the renaissance Image has been seeing. However, so many people became such vocal enthusiasts of the series. Thank you goes out to websites like Comics Alliance, Multiversity Comics, Comic Buzz, Image Addiction, Comic Book Revolution, Comicosity, Eye On Comics, Comics Bulletin, Comic Book Resources, Project: Rooftop and iFanboy, who were among the early adopters, preaching the good word as the series began and created a lot of buzz around it. An extra special thanks goes to comicbookgirl19, whose video review of the series brought in a whole bunch of readers.

Speaking of which.

Finally, I want to give a massive thank you out to every single person who read the series, as well as every retailer who made it possible for them to do so. All of you helped see our vision through to its very end and, really, helped dramatically change both my life and Ross’ for the better. Without you, this wouldn’t have happened at all. I can’t stress enough how much that means to me and hope I get to thank you each in person whenever I’m at a signing, a show or, really, wherever.

So — for the very last time, pick up a new issue of GLORY at comic shops today. There aren’t any previews, because every single page is a massive spoiler, but if you wanna get hyped up about it, we did do an interview at Comics Alliance.

And with that, one piece of advice: when you think it’s over and the credits have rolled… well, keep reading.

I hope you enjoy.[/quote]

[quote=« Ross Campbell »]GLORY: THE END!

Glory’s final issue, #34, comes out THIS WEEK! i finished drawing the series over 2 months ago but this is the real official end, i guess. it’s really over now (except for the hopefully eventual hardcover we get next year).

thank you so so so much to everyone who’s read the series over the past year, to everyone who told their friends, to everyone on Twitter and Tumblr and deviantart who talked up the book, to everyone who reads/will read it in trade paperback form, and especially thanks to Joe Keatinge for bringing me along for the ride, putting up with my shit, being a great collaborator, and hitting the Glory ending out of the park. i really hope everyone likes the final issue.

just some other updates, i know i hardly ever post here; i’m about halfway done thumbnailing Wet Moon 7 so that’s exciting, i can’t wait to start drawing. i’ve also been tinkering around with Shadoweyes volume 3, i have a great new draft that i’m pumped about, and i’m gearing up to do IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Alopex micro-series issue with writer Brian Lynch AND a dream/flashback sequence in TMNT #23 (in addition to regular artist Mateus Santolouco, i’ll be alongside Andy Kuhn, Ben Bates, and Dan Duncan!!) with Tom Waltz.

thank you again, you guys!!![/quote]

Source: www.greenoblivion.com