ROKU #1-4 (Cullen Bunn / Ramon F. Bachs)

L’assassin Roku, la femme la plus dangereuse du monde, aura droit à sa propre série solo en octobre. Créé par Matt Kindt et Clay Mann, le personnage est apparu pour la première fois dans les pages de Ninjak #1 en 2015.

L’équipe créative est composée de Cullen Bunn (Punk Mambo) au scénario et Ramon F. Bachs (Joker/Mask, Detective Comics…) aux dessins.

Premier aperçu :

ROKU-001-PREVIEW-1

ROKU-001-PREVIEW-22610

ROKU-001-PREVIEW-3

ROKU-001-PREVIEW-4

ROKU-Promo-Image-JOHNSON-Final

Source : www.cbr.com

Cullen Bunn :

« A big part of the appeal of this series is the idea that Roku has never appeared in her own book before. She’s always been a villain or supporting character… Roku is almost a force of nature. She sets her mind on something and she does whatever it takes to accomplish that goal. Morals don’t enter the equation for her. Until they do. And that’s going to be a part of the challenge Roku faces. She’s set on a mission, but the mission changes in a dramatic way. Once that happens, she must make some tough decisions. That kind of character is a lot of fun to write, and that’s even before I send her on a breakneck action adventure that simply does not let up. »

Ramon F. Bachs :

" Roku seemed like a fantastic opportunity to participate in the vast Valiant Universe. I am very proud and happy to work on this title. Plus, Roku has such a terrific hairstyle I can’t wait to draw! I collaborated with Cullen sometime ago on a few Marvel books, and he’s a great writer and a wonderful person. I am very lucky to work with him again!"

Sacré Cullen Bunn !

Il me semble que tous les mois plusieurs titres sortent sous son nom ; on parle parfois, s’agissant du marché de la BD étasunienne d’industrie, jamais je crois ce terme n’aura aussi bien collé à l’un de ceux qui la font tourner.

Revoir Ramon Bachs à l’œuvre, c’est aussi un plaisir.

Jim

+1

Roku is a new comic from Valiant Entertainment that writer Cullen Bunn says is exciting in part because the main character, “has always played the role of supporting character or villain, but here we see her striking out on her own. The spotlight is on Roku, allowing us to dig into her character in a completely new way.” Bunn also said he wanted to explore the hidden criminal empires of the Valiant universe and, “readers will get glimpses of a much bigger world that can be explored later.” Expect new heroes and villains in the new series too as Bunn puts it, “We’re using this series to introduce several new heroes, villains, and criminal organizations to the Valiant universe. My hope is that characters like Ember-1 and the Minister of Blades will appear in other Valiant books in the future!”

How many lives must the lethal assassin Roku take in her first series? Killing her way around the globe, the deadly weapon called Roku will face a challenge she can’t simply execute.

ROKU #1 (of 4)
Written by CULLEN BUNN
Art by RAMÓN F. BACHS
Cover A by DAVE JOHNSON
Cover B by VIKTOR KALVACHEV
Cover C by MARC LAMING
Also available BLANK COVER
Preorder cover by HOWARD CHAYKIN
$3.99 | 32 pgs. | T+
On Sale OCTOBER 30th

Source : www.adventuresinpoortaste.com

ROKU #3

Written by: Cullen Bunn.

Art by: Ramon F. Bachs.

Covers by: Viktor Kalvachev, Dave Johnson, Shawn Crystal, Bill Sienkiewicz.

Description: The lethal assassin Roku is reeling from a brutal defeat, but an even bigger fight awaits… It’s round 2 between Roku and the superspy Ember-1!

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Dec. 18.

Source : ww.comicscontinuum.com

ROKU #4

Written by: Cullen Bunn.

Art by: Ramon F. Bachs.

Covers by: Tyler Kirkham, Viktor Kalvachev, Dan Brereton, Elsa Charretier.

Description: Roku faces her sharpest enemy ever, the Minister of Blades, in the epic final battle! Who lives? Who dies? Find out here!

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Jan. 22.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com