ROYALS #9-12 (Al Ewing / Javier Rodriguez)

Cet automne, Marvel Comics donnera le coup d’envoi d’une nouvelle initiative intitulée MARVEL LEGACY. Marvel annonce un retour aux sources, à l’ancienne numérotation des plus vieux titres de son catalogue, des récits qui seront des points d’entrée idéals…un accent mis sur les personnages iconiques mais sans oublier la nouvelle génération du Marvel NOW.
Bref, « de l’espoir, du plaisir, du fun, du sense of wonder » !

Marvel a dévoilé une salve de 52 (!) titres par le biais de couvertures teasers rendant hommage à une illustration passée. La numérotation et les équipes créatives n’ont pas encore été révélées.

Parmi les titres récents qui continuent sur leur lancée, il y a la série des Inhumains, Royals :

Ils vont changer de dessinateur, j’espère ?

Aux dernières nouvelles, Jonboy Meyers aurait déjà quitté la série (il est coutumier du fait, il ne reste jamais longtemps sur ses titres)…

La série Royals débutera l’ère LEGACY avec le #9 et un arc intitulé « Fire from Heaven ».

Il a donc au moins une qualité …

Le nouveau dessinateur de la série Royals sera l’espagnol Javier Rodriguez (Spider-Woman, Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme).

Al Ewing : “This is me jamming my science fiction hat on so far there’s just a little pair of feet poking out of it. The reason to be excited about the Progenitors isn’t because of their continuity connections, or the earth-shattering revelations they embody that will change the entirety of Marvel Space forever — I’ve pushed that button before, and it doesn’t bring the boys to the yard. The reason to be excited by these dudes is because they are incredibly awesome. They’re a brand-new alien threat to the Marvel Universe, beautifully designed by Javier Rodriguez, and they are a Type IV Civilization on the Kardashev scale. Working with Javier on this lets me map out their whole way of being to correspond with his amazing art – he’s inspiring me to take things to the next level and beyond.”

ROYALS #9
Written by AL EWING
Penciled by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
Cover by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
AND ONE SHALL PERISH
If the Inhuman race was born of Kree experiments, then who made the Kree? Enter the Progenitors! Meanwhile the Inhuman Royal Family, led by Black Bolt and Medusa, are searching for the Prima Materia—the original Terrigen. But even if they find the chemical that will save their dying race…can they escape the revenge of its creators? It has been foretold that of the seven who left Earth, only six will return—and Medusa is already dying. Who will the Royals lose?

Source : www.cbr.com

Wil Moss gave me an idea. We are suggesting that the Progenitors are behind the Inhumans’ origin. Michelangelo’s Creation of Adam was an inspiration. That cover should show that the Progenitors are beyond the galaxy and knowledge; some puzzling space creatures doing their business. Black Bolt represents the Inhumans, looking for answers, pushing the wall of wisdom.

We have about five Progenitor designs, and each of them have a task, a reason to exist that affects the design.

Concept art is just a starting point. The way the story evolves. How to tell the story through panels effects a lot of the character design. I always try to keep them flexible, visually speaking. Same applies to the other characters. The mood and the narrative thread have a huge impact on the way that you reveal the characters. Using their appearance is a key. One of my achievements, is to show that character development when I have a chance to draw more than one issue.

INTERVIEW DE JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

Source : www.cbr.com

Ils veulent refaire les origines des Inhumains, c’est ça ? Un retcon ?

mais, mais mais pourquoi ? (comme ça je serais pas négatif).

Non, interrogatif !

Euh… Medusa ?! :open_mouth: :laughing:

ROYALS #10

Written by: Al Ewing.

Art by: Javi Rodriguez.

Cover by: Javi Rodriguez.

Description: « Fire From Heaven, » part 2. Trapped with no ship, no plan, and no hope - the Royals continue their mission to steal the future from their gods! Inside the endless city-mind guiding the World Farm, the Royals get their first look at a Progenitor - parent-race to the Kree and the Inhumans. Daddy’s here… and he’s angry.

Pages: 32.

Price: $3.99.

In stores: Nov. 8.

Source : www.comicscontinuum.com

ROYALS #11

Art by: Javi Rodriguez.

Description: « Fire From Heaven, » part 3. The Royals come face to face with the Prima Materia - the original Terrigen! But can they get it back to Earth? And will it save the Inhuman race - or doom it? And finally: Of the seven who left Earth, only six will return. The Royals lose one of their own!

In stores: Nov. 22.

ROYALS #12

Art by: Kevin Libranda.

Description: « Fire From Heaven, » part 4. The Royals have what they went beyond the edge of space for: the mystical element Primagen, the catalyst to saving the Inhuman race. But in the future, the Last Inhuman pays the price for their defiance – as the Progenitors return to Earth! Five thousand years on, is it too late to avert…Judgment Day?

In stores: Dec. 13.

Royals #12 est le dernier numéro de la série. Al Ewing conclura son run sur les Inhumains en janvier avec le one-shot Inhumans: Judgment Day dessiné par Mike del Mundo.